The End of "The Batman"

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Neuronutter
Protoform

The End of "The Batman"

Post by Neuronutter »

I just watched the last two part episode "Lost Heroes" of "The Batman" and then found out it was the last episode of the entire run. It seems a shame for the series to end, especially so suddenly. I thoroughly enjoyed every season and I suppose 5 seasons is a good run.

Anyone else enjoy the show and could recommend something else I could watch? I've seen the entire run of Justice League and JLU, someone else recommended Teen Titans. Anyone seen that? Know of anything else that is good that I can download to amuse myself?
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

Neuronutter wrote:I just watched the last two part episode "Lost Heroes" of "The Batman" and then found out it was the last episode of the entire run. It seems a shame for the series to end, especially so suddenly. I thoroughly enjoyed every season and I suppose 5 seasons is a good run.

Anyone else enjoy the show and could recommend something else I could watch? I've seen the entire run of Justice League and JLU, someone else recommended Teen Titans. Anyone seen that? Know of anything else that is good that I can download to amuse myself?
The Original Batman: TAS?
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Hound

Post by Hound »

That show was on for 5 seasons? Dude, I've watched a bit of it, I'm amazed it lasted longer than 2...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Sociopathic Autobot wrote:The Original Batman: TAS?
The recent remake called "The Batman".
Hound wrote:That show was on for 5 seasons? Dude, I've watched a bit of it, I'm amazed it lasted longer than 2...
Really? You enjoyed it that little? I thought it was great!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'm biased, it's not nearly as good as Batman:TAS.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Hound wrote:I'm biased, it's not nearly as good as Batman:TAS.
I tried watching that show. I downloaded all of the episodes then gave up after a few. It was so dated and basic. The new show felt much more up to date (obviously, being newer) but with great updates of the classic villains. Not that "The Batman" was perfect. It did have a few flaws.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

DrSpengler wrote: The voice acting is superb, particularly Kevin Michaek Richardson's Joker. He goes a completely different route from what Mark Hamill did with the character and does a fantastic job.

I missed most of it when it was on TV, so I'll probably be picking up the (very affordable) season sets.

The Joker is, without a doubt, the best character in the show, and the best Joker I've ever seen. He's absolutely brilliant, wacky, crazy, everything Joker should be, but again different to the previous Jokers. And such a great voice, as you said.

Ah the DVD boxsets. Haven't seen them in the UK so I'm considering getting them from Amazon.com. I have a region 1 DVD player so I can watch them, but I've downloaded the lot. Maybe next time I get paid.

It seems a shame that, even though they made 5 seasons, they only made 60 or so episodes. Cartoons in the 80's (when I was a kid!) had 60 episodes in 1 season. TFs, Thundercats, He-Man all had so many episodes. What a shame they don't anymore.
Sociopathic Autobot

Neuronutter wrote:The recent remake called "The Batman".
I was suggesting to watch it. =P
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Sociopathic Autobot

DrSpengler wrote: The voice acting is superb.
All I can picture is Kevin Conroy shaking his fist at a Mexican yelling "dey terk r jerbs!"
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Sociopathic Autobot wrote:I was suggesting to watch it. =P
Ah right, I see. Already got it. Thanx for the tip.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

DrSpengler wrote:When they announced Rino Romano as Batman, all I could think about was his role as Eduardo on Extreme Ghostbusters.
Dear God, they let anyone associated with that work again?

Token Ethnic Minority "Extreme" Ghostbuster: Right guys, lets go down this sewer tunnel

Token Disabled "Extreme" Ghostbuster: Errr, how did we get my wheelchair down the manhole again?

TEM"E"GB: I'll explain later.

Chip Chase had nothing on him...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

LATER

I correct because I care.

Okay, mostly because the spellchecker doesn't pick up substitutions...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

It's his ethnic accent.
Rodimus_Prime's girl

Post by Rodimus_Prime's girl »

get out of here! That series was the best and I loved it. What the heck is up with that. I mean, batman's the best. I like Rino as the dark knight but I perfer Kevin Conroy as Batman. I have the entire batman the animated series on DVD. Now I have to get the batman as well.I didn't know that Rino did the voice of Eduardo in extreme Ghostbusters. I perfer the original Ghostbusters myself.
Autbots! Transform---and roll out!
Chris McFeely
Protoform

Post by Chris McFeely »

I think Rino Romano spent most of the 90s voicing hispanic cartoon characters. Extreme Ghostbusters, Godzilla, Spider-Man Unlimited...
Sociopathic Autobot

Chris McFeely wrote:I think Rino Romano spent most of the 90s voicing hispanic cartoon characters. Extreme Ghostbusters, Godzilla, Spider-Man Unlimited...
And to accommodate him they made Batman hispanic.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

I honestly don't know how someone could prefer the batman over batman: TAS.

ive only seen a handful of episodes but it seems to me that they were written entirely with the kid in mind (not a big deal considering what the audience is "supposed" to be), rather than "all ages" which was the goal of the orignal TAS. its just that it seems alot more thought went into TAS. everything from the chocie of having a 40's noir styling to the show to not backing down to industry standards of not using real guns. they knew that lazer guns would look silly in batman's universe (just like the pop-guns in The batman look ridiculous).

everything from the danny elfman inspired scores to the voice casting made the show an audio feast.

even the story direction is superior. did anyone catch the clayface origin in the new batman? laughable comparared to how well done the pathos/tragedy of the clayface two parter in the TAS. does anyone remember how ridiculous mr. freeze was before the TAS made him into awesome character he is today? The tas was so good the comics themselves began implementing story developments from it. Mr. freeze's origin and harley quinn both walked right out of the show and into the page.

The animation (back before the transition to digital), was done on black background rather than white and made for some truly dark visuals that went well with the nighttime world of gotham.

now once again i have only seen a handful of episodes of the batman and im sure its good for what it is (i liked the vs. dracula one immensely but once again it doesnt stack with mask of the phantasm for story depth). but TAS is one of the best toons of all time and easily the best cartoon to come out the 90's with gargoyles as a close second and beast wars if we count cgi. theres a reason mask of the phantasm was the best batman movie before begins came out.

end rant.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Sociopathic Autobot

Hawkeye wrote:I honestly don't know how someone could prefer the batman over batman: TAS.

ive only seen a handful of episodes but it seems to me that they were written entirely with the kid in mind (not a big deal considering what the audience is "supposed" to be), rather than "all ages" which was the goal of the orignal TAS. its just that it seems alot more thought went into TAS. everything from the chocie of having a 40's noir styling to the show to not backing down to industry standards of not using real guns. they knew that lazer guns would look silly in batman's universe (just like the pop-guns in The batman look ridiculous).

everything from the danny elfman inspired scores to the voice casting made the show an audio feast.

even the story direction is superior. did anyone catch the clayface origin in the new batman? laughable comparared to how well done the pathos/tragedy of the clayface two parter in the TAS. does anyone remember how ridiculous mr. freeze was before the TAS made him into awesome character he is today? The tas was so good the comics themselves began implementing story developments from it. Mr. freeze's origin and harley quinn both walked right out of the show and into the page.

The animation (back before the transition to digital), was done on black background rather than white and made for some truly dark visuals that went well with the nighttime world of gotham.

now once again i have only seen a handful of episodes of the batman and im sure its good for what it is (i liked the vs. dracula one immensely but once again it doesnt stack with mask of the phantasm for story depth). but TAS is one of the best toons of all time and easily the best cartoon to come out the 90's with gargoyles as a close second and beast wars if we count cgi. theres a reason mask of the phantasm was the best batman movie before begins came out.

end rant.
This