Recommendations for PS3?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Treadshot A1

Recommendations for PS3?

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Finally saved up enough to get one o' these. And one game. Problem is, what game should that be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

GTA4. It's out next month.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Grand Theft Auto is a good bet. It should last you a while if you can only get 1 game for now.

My recommendations for other games:

Call of Duty 4
Uncharted
Resistance
Devil May Cry 4
Ninja Gaiden
Assassins Creed
Heavenly Sword
Stranglehold
Hot Shots Golf 5 (next week)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Ratchet And Clank.

RATCHET AND CLANK.

RATCHET AND CLANK, MUTHA****A!
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Gran Turismo 5 looks absolutely amazing.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Maju Garzett wrote:Ratchet And Clank.

RATCHET AND CLANK.

RATCHET AND CLANK, MUTHA****A!
No.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

get a 360. LET THE CONSOLE WARS BEGIN!!!!

just kidding. while I prefer the 360 and wii over the ps3 its still a good system and i think this is the year that it'll gain steam with new titles.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

God of War 3 well when that comes out for it. Motorstorm, F1 Grand Prix, Rachet and Clank, Resistance and REsistanace 2 etc etc alot of the PS2 exclusives when they go PS3 will be sharp.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I'm waiting on the MGS4 bundle, but I'm interested now mainly because Blu-Ray "won" the format war. Let's hope it actually does pick up and doesn't just go the way of Laserdisc. I like to own my media, not a license that's covered in DRM and can be revoked because the media companies want to sell it to me again.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Anybody get lucky and get a discount for a game with their purchase? Me get discount for Ridge Racer 7(which is why i spent so much that i'm left with enough for only one more game)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Hawkeye wrote: just kidding. while I prefer the 360 and wii over the ps3 its still a good system and i think this is the year that it'll gain steam with new titles.
I'm inclined to agree. Seems to me that so far the PS3 is lacking in really decent exclusives. MGS4 and GTA4 both look good but are they really a step up from their previous incarnations except in looks? I'm not slagging them off here as I'm planning to eventually pick up a PS3 and no doubt those games as well, I'm genuinely curious. Are there any innovative titles available yet? Anything that really makes it worth shelling out that kind of cash? I'll probably get one around the time biohazard 5 gets released, but that's because I'm a sucker for the biohazard series and want the prettiest version available.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

You're aware that GTAIV isn't PS3 exclusive, right? The 360 version will actually have exclusive downloadable content, too.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I want the thing to come down in price. The only plus side to it currently is that it's a relatively cheap blu-ray player, should I ever want one.

I prefer the Wii and the XBox as gaming consoles. Used to be a playstation fan, but the quailty of most other titles is swaying me. I know, I know... It's nifty keen with all its bells and whistles and whatnot, will bring me breakfast in bed, etc etc but I'm currently simply not willing to pay that price when there are other consoles that provide just as much entertainment, imo.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Treadshot A1 wrote:Anybody get lucky and get a discount for a game with their purchase? Me get discount for Ridge Racer 7(which is why i spent so much that i'm left with enough for only one more game)
No, but yet again I got my PS3 for Christmas. If your lucky enough searching around, you might be able to pick up Assassin's Creed for fairly cheap. I picked up a copy at my local Best Buy for about 30 bucks. It's a really fun game, but also pretty short and I personally find the replay value lacking. Yet again, I don't treat it like GTA. Also, I've been addicted to Oblivion for the past year. It's one of those few games I never really get tired of playing.
~
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

30 Bucks?! Cheapest I can get in AUS is 100AUD.:eek:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Treadshot A1 wrote:30 Bucks?! Cheapest I can get in AUS is 100AUD.:eek:
yeah but how much is that moon money translated to regular dollars?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*