G.I. Joe movie watching - casting, build-up, etc.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

inflatable dalek wrote:Ray Park's an ugly bugger though. There's a reason all his roles involve masks and make up...
I ain't looking at the guy's face hem-hem....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

inflatable dalek wrote:Ray Park's an ugly bugger though. There's a reason all his roles involve masks and make up...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1238014720/nm0661917

I dunno. He doesn't seem particularly unattractive. He's no George Clooney, or anything, but still.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

tahukanuva wrote:http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1238014720/nm0661917

I dunno. He doesn't seem particularly unattractive. He's no George Clooney, or anything, but still.
I'd tap that.[/obligatory]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

tahukanuva wrote:http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1238014720/nm0661917

He clearly has a pointed head.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

inflatable dalek wrote:He clearly has a pointed head.
hey, i never complained about yours......

ohhhhhh *that*...nevermind....
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
starlord
Protoform

G.I.Joe movie photos

Post by starlord »

Has anyone else seen them besides me?I think the guy that chose to play Cobra Commander looks perfectly evil but that is my opinion.What is yours?
A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest of decepticons.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

starlord wrote:What is yours?
That this is in the wrong forum =|
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

[merged]

And if you're going to post about photos, link to them!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Can we have some sort of rider on that request, regarding fat chicks in bikinis?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

What's your mum got to do with this? /obligatory comment

By the way, does anyone else love the idea of a government-employed gun-toting ninja?

But isn't it an odd choice to put his secrt ninja clan thingy on his costume? And to leave it bright red goes a bit against that whole hiding in the shadows thing.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

angloconvoy wrote:What's your mum got to do with this? /obligatory comment

By the way, does anyone else love the idea of a government-employed gun-toting ninja?

But isn't it an odd choice to put his secrt ninja clan thingy on his costume? And to leave it bright red goes a bit against that whole hiding in the shadows thing.
dude, they are going to be looking for completely black stealthy guys in the shadows. they arent going to be lookin for ones with bright red patches...that would be crazy
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Hawkeye wrote:dude, they are going to be looking for completely black stealthy guys in the shadows. they arent going to be lookin for ones with bright red patches...that would be crazy
That's a real ninj for you, out-smarting the baddies by not wearing completely black so they look in all the wrong kind of shadows...

Storm Shadow wears white for the exact same reason.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Clogs wrote:That's a real ninj for you, out-smarting the baddies by not wearing completely black so they look in all the wrong kind of shadows...

Storm Shadow wears white for the exact same reason.
of course with storm shadow the problem is that he would be too easy to find in the snow....unless he wears one of those bright red things on his pajamas too.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Hawkeye wrote:of course with storm shadow the problem is that he would be too easy to find in the snow....unless he wears one of those bright red things on his pajamas too.
Exactly :noevil:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

What is the correct name for ninja pajamas anyway? werent ninjas not even real anyway (like a pulp creation from teh early 1900s)?

I mean I know that there are ninjitsu practitioners (of whom about 1% are probably legit) but they arent prowling the rooftops so much as they are losing in ufcs from 1993.

and I imagine that any assassins from old japan were just that, assassins rather than the organized uniformed black pajamas crew.

while I just finished my history degree I'm not overly familiar with that facet of history. although strangely i learned quite a bit about east asian history in reference to china/japan relations. how much was "true" and how much is fiction?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Hawkeye wrote:werent ninjas not even real anyway (like a pulp creation from teh early 1900s)?
Well...yes and no. From what I've learned (not all that much, and a long time ago, so I might just be talking nonsense :)) ninjas were real, but they were never anything like what we call 'ninjas' in modern pop culture. They tended to travel disguised as farmers, beggars and the like, using weapons that could be easily disguised or hidden in their clothing. On the rare occasions when they openly went into battle, they would be armed and armoured pretty much the same as your garden-variety samurai. They might have worn all-black if they were trying to sneak into a fortress or something in the middle of the night, but it was hardly thier 'uniform' like we treat it nowadays.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hawkeye wrote:What is the correct name for ninja pajamas anyway?
Shozoku. A dark coloured gi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keikogi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinobi_shozoku
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah i'm familiar with Gi as I own 4 (3 judo and one jiu-jitsu) but I wouldnt have pegged the ninja pajamas as a type of GI as it doesnt really look like one.

er you learn soemthing new every day.

on a related note, my jiu-jitsu gi is so pimp it can withstand the charge of 400 rampaging rhinocerous without tearing. which is how hard I grapple anyway so its rather coincedental.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote: A dark coloured gi.
The perfect outfit of choice for a member of GI Joe then.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

inflatable dalek wrote:The perfect outfit of choice for a member of GI Joe then.

Must... restrain... fist... of doom...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]