Ric Flair! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Ric Flair! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

My god, what an unbelievable match he had with HBK at WrestleMania and not to mention, the emotional ending to what I consider, one of the best RAWs in history. Flair is the man always and forever! I'm gonna miss him terribly!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Flair's finally gone? YAY!!
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

I'd rather see Flair in the ring anyday over Hulk Hogan.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Civ

Post by Civ »

In the ring, eh, they're (Hogan and Flair) just about equal to me. Promo-wise, I'll take Hogan for the soul reason that I can understand what the **** he's saying when he starts shouting.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Civ wrote:In the ring, eh, they're (Hogan and Flair) just about equal to me. Promo-wise, I'll take Hogan for the soul reason that I can understand what the **** he's saying when he starts shouting.

You're dumb :)
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Civ

Post by Civ »

Blaster wrote:You're dumb :)
Yes, but I'm lovable and cuddly and I have taste.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

i didnt catch the wrestlemania did they say that mayweather was the best pound for pound fighter in the world a few more times?

what ridiculous bullshit.

pound for pound boxer, yes.

pound for pound fighter? Fedor/Anderson silva/George St. Pierre
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Civ wrote:In the ring, eh, they're (Hogan and Flair) just about equal to me.
Ugh...Flair has had super-classic matches with Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Shawn Michaels...how many actual CLASSIC matches has Hogan had? We're talking about the WRESTLING, as you said, IN THE RING, not the spectacle of the match (Andre, Warrior, etc.). I can't recall a single match Hogan wrestled in his career that can measure up to the matches produced by any of Flair's feuds that I listed.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Vin Ghostal wrote:I can't recall a single match Hogan wrestled in his career
Clipped for succintness.

He's got, like, four moves. And two of those are illegal.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Ugh...Flair has had super-classic matches with Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Shawn Michaels...how many actual CLASSIC matches has Hogan had?

We're talking about the WRESTLING, as you said, IN THE RING, not the spectacle of the match (Andre, Warrior, etc.). I can't recall a single match Hogan wrestled in his career that can measure up to the matches produced by any of Flair's feuds that I listed.
I made the statement based upon how much entertainment I got out of both of them, which is to say not much. If we're just talking about the quality of coordinated stuntwork (CSW), then Flair has the upper hand; however, CSW is only part of it. Flair moved around more than Hogan but did Hogan need to move around a whole lot just to put asses in seats? Apparently not, if people came back for more over and over again.
Halfshell wrote:He's got, like, four moves. And two of those are illegal.
Maybe a few more or so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIuEcao2cCM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXg-P7Vw ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV039F5l ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOSj8iYM ... re=related
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Civ wrote:I made the statement based upon how much entertainment I got out of both of them, which is to say not much. If we're just talking about the quality of coordinated stuntwork (CSW), then Flair has the upper hand; however, CSW is only part of it. Flair moved around more than Hogan but did Hogan need to move around a whole lot just to put asses in seats? Apparently not, if people came back for more over and over again.
But we're talking about wrestling skill. People came to see Hogan by the thousands, but they were drawn by his charisma, his presence, and his character. None of those have anything to do with wrestling skill. Arguing over whom was better, Flair or Hogan, is pointless. But YOU said Hogan and Flair are "just about equal" in the ring, which is preposterous. If you enjoy the non-wrestling skill oriented aspects of Hogan, great...so did I. But you have to base wrestling skill on match quality, and on match quality, Flair trumps Hogan easily. I've already listed a variety of great, technically sound, well-WRESTLED matches from Flair; where's your list for Hogan?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

ok now that my mayweather rant is out of my system. while i'm a much less knowledgable and more casual wrestling fan than you guys, I can't watch Hulk Hogan work a match without getting a little drowsy.

Also from what I've read Flair had a very bruiserish style, got in an accident in which he was procliamed unable to wrestle ever again, and changed his style completely to fit his new physical means. that sounds pretty versatile to me.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Vin Ghostal wrote:But we're talking about wrestling skill...snipped...I've already listed a variety of great, technically sound, well-WRESTLED matches from Flair; where's your list for Hogan?
I see. I think we have miscommunication issue on my part and I'll try to clarify again. When Ravage posted, "I'd rather see Flair in the ring anyday over Hulk Hogan," I took the "in the ring" part to mean everything from the grandstanding, showing-off, overall draw, charisma of the workers, CSW -- pretty much the whole shebang or the overall entertainment for me. That's why I made my statement in my second post of this thread.

Apparently, I misunderstood what "in the ring" meant and I just found out it's just about the CSW and not everything else. As far as Hogan goes, I can't think of any technical matches he did. Closest one is probably what I posted last time in this thread when he was over in Japan.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

does hogan work a different style over in japan? I know he was known as Ichiban over there.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Ugh...Flair has had super-classic matches with Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Harley Race, Shawn Michaels...how many actual CLASSIC matches has Hogan had? We're talking about the WRESTLING, as you said, IN THE RING, not the spectacle of the match (Andre, Warrior, etc.). I can't recall a single match Hogan wrestled in his career that can measure up to the matches produced by any of Flair's feuds that I listed.
Hogan had some great feuds, just poor matches. However I'm sure Savage and the Million Dollar man carried Hogan to a few good matches in his career being the Miracle workers that they were.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hawkeye wrote:does hogan work a different style over in japan? I know he was known as Ichiban over there.
Not sure. From that one video, it was certainly a different Hogan than I've ever seen but I don't know if he did that consistently while in Japan. I'd have to watch more of his matches during that period.
optimusprme

Post by optimusprme »

flair was my fave wrestler and i will miss him, he had defenitly great matches w sting, rhodes, his brutal matches with funk the classic i quit and the match of the yr against ricky steamboat. i agree flair was a wrestler hogan was just a person who the fans built up to win thats all