working late and that

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
MikeB

working late and that

Post by MikeB »

What kind of person works 3pm to 11:30pm Eastern Standard Time in the US and then decides they're the right person to support UK netapps??????

If anyone here is a super netapp and snapmanager expert feel free to help me out instead of stupid {name removed in case he's a transformers fan who browses whilst working} who still hasn't responded to my plea for help :rant:

Ugh.

Yes, this isn't an interesting topic to most. It's actually the kind of thing you should put in a diary I guess.

Bah, who cares. I'm upset and it's your own fault for reading this.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

I thought it was something about working 13-14 hour days..
it's monday and i've put in 25 hours already.
and got sneered at for leaving after a 14 hour day on MY ****ING BIRTHDAY!:lol:

so anyone got an idea for a job I could do, cause i hate this damn one.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Large random images with text superimposed stopped being clever about 2 years or so ago...
got an idea for a job I could do
Gigolo? Just an idea...
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

wasn't really supposed to be clever its a chan meme so its not exactly original anyway.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I had to work until 3pm today :(
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

If you started at midnight then i feel sorry for you. ;)

Shouldn't really complain myself either, my wife's a nurse and regularly works 14 hour days, even though some experts or other say your working performance drops after 7-8 hours.

Not quite sure why i posted all that in the OP though, I think the stress was getting to me...

What's a chan meme?
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

you have to lurk moar. although really I didn't understand what you were talking about so i posted a non-sensical picture. sure I could have not posted at all, but I am a terrible poster.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

saysadie wrote:Gigolo? Just an idea...
I think one of us has a helluva drive ;)

oh, and tuesday at 830 and I've got 40 hours this week.
**** this piece of shit mother****ing job.

gahh!!!
Sades

Post by Sades »

redman prime wrote:I think one of us has a helluva drive ;)
Did that come off as inuuendo? Hmm. I really must think before I speak.

Whenever somebody asks if I know of a job, I just tell 'em to become a gigolo/prostitute. It gives "getting up at the crack of dawn" a whole new meaning.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

saysadie wrote:It gives "getting up at the crack of dawn" a whole new meaning.
Haha... whenever I hear that phrase I always think of Don from The Office.

David: "We all wish we could get up at the crack of dawn now and then."
Don: "Excuse me?"
numbat

Post by numbat »

I know the feeling with long hours. I often do 14+ hours a day (last summer I did 16 hour days for 10 day blocks, nocturnal, then drove 8 hours home for two days, then back at it... got paid by the day though, not hour), and the times are often incompatible. For instance, I end up doing a night survey one day, and a dawn survey the following day, with various day surveys to pad out the hours, and a couple hundred miles driving plus a mile or more to walk up hills to my sites.

I survey animals by the way.

But, I enjoy my job (even if the hours utterly suck).

For instance, today, sure I started at 3am, had to climb a clearfelled area in the dark with heavy snow. Sure I had to sit right up on the hill clear to the snow and wind. But I also had a male goshawk land less than 10m from where I was sitting. Well worth it.

I guess it just depends on whether or not you enjoy your job. If you don't, and you get run into the ground with no thanks, I'd suggest you explore another career?

:)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

That's pretty much a given at this point.

which sucks.
I'm laboring away in the hard part and bailing out when I get a four day week. stupid, but a move and all.

sucks, though, as a three day weekend EVERY week is hard to pass along.

South florida. it's nice, but it sucks, too.