Fashion

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Fashion

Post by Jetfire »

OK guys I've gone and dumped half my clothes at the charity shop, I've got a few big nights at the weekend and I figured there are a fair number of cool, modern and with-it guys on here who could give me some fashion recomendations about what's in at the moment or even where to shop these days.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

White shirt, black slightly baggy trousers, skinny black tie, knackered trainers. One sleeve rolled, one folded. Top two buttons undone, shirt must be untucked, and have a box of cigarettes in front pocket. Black hair, either spiked or glued back, Berlin Bowie style. Keeps you out of every damn pigeon hole, takes about three seconds, does not require an iron.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Transformers T-Shirts!
RUNAMOK
Protoform

Post by RUNAMOK »

Get you clothes back from the chairity shop, second hand cloths seemed to be in for a while. :p

Otherwise I don't realy know what advice to give since, most of my own clothes are second hand ones.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, and you're allowed a battered leather jacket when it rains.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

the last people you should be asking for fashon advice from is a transformers
fan site.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

rattrap23 wrote:the last people you should be asking for fashon advice from is a transformers
fan site.
No, many Transformers fans do have social graces. You aren't one of them, though, so I can see where you're confused.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Not meaning to add to the dog pile, but.....
rattrap23 wrote:the last people you should be asking for fashon advice from is a transformers
fan site.
I kind of take that comment a bit personally. Why would taking fashion advice from a fan site be seen as invalid in contrast to anywhere else on the web? I'm not introverted, I have an active social life, and yes, I think I have great fashion sense...well, what works for me anyway. I must say, I look darn fine to me! Yes, Transformer comics are one of many interests I have, much as other people have their own unique hobbies, but I hardly see how one hobby is an impediment towards my self-awareness, and how I like to present myself.

There...done ranting.

What a lovely thread this is :)
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

zigzagger wrote:Not meaning to add to the dog pile, but.....

I kind of take that comment a bit personally. Why would taking fashion advice from a fan site be seen as invalid in contrast to anywhere else on the web? I'm not introverted, I have an active social life, and yes, I think I have great fashion sense...well, what works for me anyway. I must say, I look darn fine to me! Yes, Transformer comics are one of many interests I have, much as other people have their own unique hobbies, but I hardly see how one hobby is an impediment towards my self-awareness, and how I like to present myself.

There...done ranting.

What a lovely thread this is :)
You see, my opinion is it's all stereotypes. Most people think Transformers are a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who just spend every moment of their life collecting toys.

Personally, I have a mediocre social life, but then agian the only place around here to go is a Wal-Mart... Nothing else for about 28 miles. My fashion sense I guess is fine... I don't really have a picture but I usually wear Khaki/Carpenter Pant Hybrids and whatever shirt I can find under a zip-up hoody (sp?).
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Maju Garzett wrote: Most people think Transformers are a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who just spend every moment of their life collecting toys.
You mean I'm actually allowed to leave the basement? Why didn't anybody tell me!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Blitzwing wrote:You mean I'm actually allowed to leave the basement? Why didn't anybody tell me!
I just recently found out as well. I didn't go very far as I now am upstairs.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Stereotypes? Don’t worry this is a good theater it’s got THX

“MMMMM-MMMMM-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM”!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

rattrap23 wrote:Stereotypes? Don’t worry this is a good theater it’s got THX

“MMMMM-MMMMM-MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM”!
What does that even mean? Really?

Also, is one of the people in your sig you? I've been looking at it, but it's too small to work out which one of them types with his face :)

Can't pass comment on the fashion thing, as unfortunately I'm probably one of the people who actually fits the stereotype, though I'm not the socially inept retard which I've decided has been implied by the comment.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Maju Garzett wrote:You see, my opinion is it's all stereotypes. Most people think Transformers are a bunch of basement dwelling nerds who just spend every moment of their life collecting toys.

Really? All this time I've been thinking Transformers were outer space robot people. The idea of them as basement dwelling nerds sounds much more fun though. There's an Evolutions there on the table for IDW if they're interested...

As for me, I'm currently wearing a tatty old dressing gown and pyjamas. Go me for sartorial taste.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

MikeB wrote:Also, is one of the people in your sig you? I've been looking at it, but it's too small to work out which one of them types with his face :)
WIN
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

[quote="MikeB"]
Also, is one of the people in your sig you? I've been looking at it, but it's too small to work out which one of them types with his face :)
QUOTE]

http://www.darkworks.org/uranidiot.jpg

:derailed:

To be quit honest i have no fashon sense myself.

I just can't get enough plad.:swirly:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Back to topic? You post something as twatty as that and then cry foul when everyone gives you the bashing you deserve?
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

fair enough.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

inflatable dalek wrote:Really? All this time I've been thinking Transformers were outer space robot people. The idea of them as basement dwelling nerds sounds much more fun though. There's an Evolutions there on the table for IDW if they're interested...
How the hell did I forget the word "Fans"?!
rattrap23 wrote:I just can't get enough plad.:swirly:
Plaid is only good on a skirt of a catholic schoolgirl. And as far as I know, you are not.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

rattrap23 wrote:
MikeB wrote: Also, is one of the people in your sig you? I've been looking at it, but it's too small to work out which one of them types with his face :)
QUOTE]

http://www.darkworks.org/uranidiot.jpg

:derailed:

To be quit honest i have no fashon sense myself.

I just can't get enough plad.:swirly:
Plad? It's an individual choice in clothing certainly.