RoadBots

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Soundwave
Protoform

RoadBots

Post by Soundwave »

I was wondering if anyone has picked up any of these figures and are they as good,worse or better than the alternators series? I was thinking of getting a hold of some to kitbash, wanted to see if anyone had some sound advice in regards to this.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

I'd say, hmmm..., Get any ALTERNATORS you can!

Plastic ain't that great, but hey, the small ford GT is half Windcharger and half Mirage. OK for 'bashing, but...

Just 'bash them asap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It could go in either, so shut up for one post.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Stop using bold every chance you get. Stop trying to be a back seat moderator. Stop being such a git.

This is a thread about Roadbots, they are an "other toyline" so yes this is in the right place. If I mention the word "general" does that mean my post needs to be moved to General Discussion?

Back on topic, no I myself have never purchased a Roadbot, but I recall seeing an article in Toyfare showing how to kitbash one into an arcee, and it looked horrid.
Civ

Post by Civ »

I've picked up a few Roadbots. Are they better than Alternators? In some respects, yes. You get more variety of vehicle to choose from for one and in some cases, the detailing on the vehicles is better. As for the robot modes themselves from what I've seen, no. Their limbs tend to get rather floppy quickly and their weapons tend to be heavy. They also don't pose very well somtimes due to being top heavy or their joints not being able to support their weight for long before you hear a CRASH!! Do they break easily? No, they're quite durable but as said, their joints loosen quickly.

In this pic, there are three Roadbots. A big, yellow Hummer; a big, gray Landrover (I think it's a Landrover); and a small, white truck between the Han Solo and Chewbacca TFs.

The Hummer is too top heavy and can't pose very much. It has knees but they're pretty useless since he just keeps toppling over.

The gray Landrover is the best of the bunch. Weapons are the right size and he's not bad articulation wise. His vehicle mode suffers since they went the painted, black windows route.

The little, white guy isn't bad at first. He comes with a shitload of weapons that would make Skids jealous, but he's a bitch to transform and his parts keep falling off; however, he wasn't bad for a deluxe figure. Problem is that his arms loosened up absurdly fast and now, they flop and can't hold his weapons.

The huge, yellow Ford GT on the right there has the problem of floppy arms, weak legs, and a weapon that's way too heavy.

For kit-bashing purposes, they wouldn't be that bad but be careful which figures you get. Watch out for guys with huge weapons and little guys that look too cheap. The price for them isn't bad at all even for the huge figures but the quality is inconsistent at best.

EDIT: Oops, sorry. The big, gray guy is a Toyota Land Cruiser.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

Any chance someone could post a link to that article? I'd want to bash one of mine into Arcee. It can't be worse than the stock figures.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]