O, Canada...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

... WTF? Eh...

*goes back to sleep... er, work*
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Civ wrote:What's wrong with Shania Twain and Celine Dion?
Are you serious? Did you not see "You shook me all night long." That's just the first item in the list of her crimes.

electro girl wrote:i think Whales is great, its where my sociology teacher hails from and im thinking of going to uni there

and at least your no-were near Grimsby
Uni in Wales is great. But you might wanna learn to spell the name of the place if your planning on living there.
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Ah the welsh, the Scots without the sex appeal and the Irish without the laughs.;)

We Canadians have saved the world a couple of times.

First in WWI, in the battle of Vimy ridge, The German army knew how the British and French army fought, but the Canadians where the wildcard of the war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_h ... orld_War_I

Then during the Suez crisis; Canadian peacekeepers created by Prime Minister Lester B Pearson, kept the hostility to a minimum so a negotiation could be met.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisi ... acekeepers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cheers for that, I was trying to remember what Notabot left out of his list of bad things Canada did. Really racking my brains, and then up you pop like crap out of a broken drain...
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

Cliffjumper wrote:Cheers for that, I was trying to remember what Notabot left out of his list of bad things Canada did. Really racking my brains, and then up you pop like crap out of a broken drain...
i'd keep him in line cliffy but my god hes all the way over in ontario, its hard enough for me to watch over the maritimes.
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Civ

Post by Civ »

Neuronutter wrote:Are you serious? Did you not see "You shook me all night long." That's just the first item in the list of her crimes.
The AC/DC song? Nope, haven't heard it but I'm curious what this list of "crimes" involves. Please elaborate.

I'm shocked that no one has mentioned a certain winged, Starscream-lovin' puma, yet.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'm not. Most people who've been here long enough to remember are sensible enough not to make a vendetta out of such things.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Roddy was a dick, though, wasn't he?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Oh, definitely. Not Canadian though...
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

it's canada day in two days. awesome sauce. paid holiday and spectacular drunk
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Neuronutter wrote:Uni in Wales is great. But you might wanna learn to spell the name of the place if your planning on living there.
i have almost given up entirely on spelling aberystwith (aberiswithp? aberistwitgh?) i can at least spell cardiff (thank you torchwood) and swansea
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

electro girl wrote:i have almost given up entirely on spelling aberystwith (aberiswithp? aberistwitgh?) i can at least spell cardiff (thank you torchwood) and swansea
Well I actually meant learn how to spell Wales. You spelled it Whales in your first post. As for aberystwith (is that how you spell it?) I wouldn't have a clue!
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Neuronutter wrote:Well I actually meant learn how to spell Wales. You spelled it Whales in your first post. As for aberystwith (is that how you spell it?) I wouldn't have a clue!
Aberystwyth.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Notabot

The Crimes of Shania Twain

Post by Notabot »

Civ wrote:I'm curious what this list of "crimes" involves. Please elaborate.
Ooo, where to start?
-The ridiculously misanthropic "Any Man of Mine"
-Her deviation from the classic "1-2" beat required of all country songs
-When she sued the estate of Mark Twain, claiming to be the rightful heir
-Her 2004 albumcompletely rips off the title of the 1981 Queen album in hopes of attracting their audience
-Her involvement in the Boca Raton Death March
-Her critically panned album of Bob Marley covers
-Her fragrance by Stetson gives me a rash
Now, out of fairness, I guess I should point out that some of the above are only "alleged", but I think it all speaks for itself.
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hey, you forgot to mention her showing off her navel.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah but we gave you nelly furtado too. shes pretty hot. and pamela anderson but she got the hep.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Neuronutter wrote:Well I actually meant learn how to spell Wales. You spelled it Whales in your first post. As for aberystwith (is that how you spell it?) I wouldn't have a clue!
sorry i will never use a h in Wales again and i got a prospectus for Aberystwyth today at an open day at Hull uni (along with about 20 others)

as for Canada i think is great and would love to visit, i know that their animators get a lot of support as UK animators have to pay for all their own stuff, a friend of mine is a animator and says there should be a national film board of canada thing over here, but i think thats just wishful thinking
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Canada gave us Neil Young, therefore Canada rules.

End of.

:D
Wreck and Rule!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Hawkeye wrote:yeah but we gave you nelly furtado too. shes pretty hot. and pamela anderson but she got the hep.
Don't forget Trish Stratus, Gail Kim, Tracy Brooks, and Angelina Love. They're all hot.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Notabot wrote:Ooo, where to start?
-The ridiculously misanthropic "Any Man of Mine"
-Her deviation from the classic "1-2" beat required of all country songs
-When she sued the estate of Mark Twain, claiming to be the rightful heir
-Her 2004 albumcompletely rips off the title of the 1981 Queen album in hopes of attracting their audience
-Her involvement in the Boca Raton Death March
-Her critically panned album of Bob Marley covers
-Her fragrance by Stetson gives me a rash
Now, out of fairness, I guess I should point out that some of the above are only "alleged", but I think it all speaks for itself.
Well, I was just gonna go with "being Celine Dion" but thanx for the help!