Ex-Girlfriend contacted me...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Sades wrote:I'm pretty sure you're gonna get chewed apart for your choice of words no matter how you try to justify it, man. Just let it go. Don't worry about it- what's done is done, don't be a selfish bastard the next time you think someone has misused a gift from you, though.
Best advice given. There isn't really much you can say at this point that will defend what you did and place it out of the realm of blackmail. Just move on and learn from the experience, hopefully you will change as well.
Grapple

Post by Grapple »

I dunno man. First let me say that you obviously can't trust her because she proved to be deceitful, but I think rendering the reefer so taboo it had to be top secret contraband had at least something to do with it.

I used to smoke an assload of pot. I don't anymore because I'm not in college anymore and I have actual important things to worry about. But I have to say that even though I don't partake of the bud anymore, I am still a legalization advocate. I think decriminalizing it, taking away the taboo would probably result in a lot less deceit, arrests, personal problems resulting from the substance, etc.

Your straight away disapproval of the drug and abstinence from it is a personal choice and I do not begrudge you that one bit. But I think a little tolerance would be in order next time. I think a mature person has to view that sort of thing as someone else's choice and accept that there are varying beliefs on it, and there is no right answer.

She chose to cash in your gifts and spend the money on bud. In some other relationships, she might have felt open enough to just, you know... ask for bud for her birthday. And you and her could burn a doobie on the roof and look at the stars. The taboo is where the deceit came into play. Different strokes for different folks.
THE POWER OF BAY COMPELS YOU!
rattrap23

Post by rattrap23 »

Its seems wrong of her to return the clothes you bought for her for drug money. If she really trusted you she would just ask for cash with a birthday card.

The stealing stuff goes to far though, when you get that far into drugs it has to end.

I wouldn’t go so far as to call her a gold digger, but she did play you for a chump (or as Mr T would call it “a Foo!”:rant:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grew up, mellowed out.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

You were played for a chump, you were right to dump her and cut off contact. You were right to inform her parents on what was going on.

You were wrong to demand money for the gifts back, much less do it under the threat of telling her parents. that is blackmail, and very swarmy. Besides, once you give a GIFT, it's given... if she's a complete twat who blows your gifts on drug money, then dumping her and telling her folks why would have been the best thing to do.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Grapple wrote:I dunno man. First let me say that you obviously can't trust her because she proved to be deceitful,
I don't think its that straightforward. Sounds to me that, whatever her problems, she was just frightened of how he would react (rightly so, as it turned out). Yeah, so what she did was probably out of order (I'm assuming we don't have all the details here), but that doesn't excuse shopping her and asking for a refund.

For RiD scourge I'm curious, how long were you with ex number 2 before she started blowing you off?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

angloconvoy wrote:but that doesn't excuse shopping her and asking for a refund.
It also doesn't mean she can't have changed in the interim, be willing to admit that she dun'd bad and try to atone for it.

But no, she evil pot womun so should be cast out of the village. And have rocks thrown at her (see how I avoided the obvious stoning joke?).

Basically - you, her boyfriend, blackmailed her. And she seemingly doesn't hold it against you. That's all I'm really gonna take from this thread.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

angloconvoy wrote:For RiD scourge I'm curious, how long were you with ex number 2 before she started blowing you off?
We'd been actually dating for two weeks, but I'd known her for months, and she was always complementing me to the point of being a sychophant. So I didn't think her interest in me would just suddenly drop off.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

:noevil:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

:confused:

I don't know much in the ways of wimmen. Do the "Speak no evil. Hear no evil. See no evil" smileys mean I missed something obvious?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yes, it does.

Anyway, at least this place has been entertaining of late, though possibly not for the best reasons.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

angloconvoy wrote:Yes, it does.
I . . . see . . .

What would that be?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

That you should never date a woman with a vowel in her name.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Only fifth-dimensional imps (who disappear when they say their names backwards) from now on. Got it.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:Where's Snake when you need a 'Marijuana is not a drug retort' ?
I got it.

Marijuana is not a drug. It's no worse than tobacco or alcohol with even less addictive properties. If that's all she was doing then you'd have no problems, if not a little bit of a fatty on your hands.

Also, it was only 9 months forget about it.

Also, it was lame to ask for the money back instead of trying to help her if you felt marijuana was that big of a problem (it isn't).

Also, Necrons are terribad.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."