9,000 years and FEMA still hasn't responded to help the flooded residents of Atlantis.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Rurudyne
Protoform

9,000 years and FEMA still hasn't responded to help the flooded residents of Atlantis.

Post by Rurudyne »

The network of criss-cross lines is 620 miles off the coast of north west Africa near the Canary Islands on the floor of the Atlantic Ocean.

The perfect rectangle, around the size of Wales, was noticed on the search giant's underwater exploration tool by an aeronautical engineer who claims it looks like an "aerial map" of a city.

Atlantis experts said that the unexplained grid is located at one of the possible sites of the legendary island, reports The Sun.

Greek philosopher Plato described how the city sank beneath the ocean after its residents made a failed effort to conquer Athens around 9000 BC.
Read the rest here: http://www.orange.co.uk/news/quirkies/d ... oogleocean
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
Energon Hot Shot

Post by Energon Hot Shot »

&quot wrote:reports The Sun.
*adds to ignore list*
Steam: Hot Shot
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Heard it wasn't really there. Was just an illusion caused by ships scanning with sonar or something along that vein. It was on the news the other night.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

When does your HBO comedy special air Rurudyne?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Ackula wrote:When does your HBO comedy special air Rurudyne?
What can I say except that I'm easily entertained. Like being a standup philosopher who is okay with being called a BS artist too: life's more fun that a ways.
Standup Philosopher

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Are you actually a stand-up, or do you just post bollocks on the internet and pretend that counts?
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Halfshell wrote:Are you actually a stand-up, or do you just post bollocks on the internet and pretend that counts?
I've been focusing on other things of late and it's been burning up my available mental energy. I'm not gonna claim that I'd be hilarious otherwise, but that is what has been happening.

I'm never sure how essays addressing different bits of the US Constitution (A1:S8, A3:S2, A4:S2, 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10th and 14th Amendments in particular) in light of decisions along the lines of Marbury, Corfield v Coryell, or Slaughterhouse will be received. Though I'm always happy to join in a debate already in progress.

Some of my recent efforts are here (link) on The Wargamer forum: 2nd Amendment stuff. Scroll down a bit and you'll find one wall'o'text and a few regular posts by me.
Standup Philosopher

Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

That's a "no, I'm not actually a stand-up" then yeah?

Would have been quicker to type.
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

I've never claimed to be a standup comedian.
Standup Philosopher