Your Latest Non-TF Toy Acquisitions

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Zeeks wrote:To answer your immediate question, I do not collect the Infinite Heroes Line; I was given a Shazam for last Xmas, and that's about it. That being said, there are a couple of sets I wouldn't mind getting once I have the DC Direct GL Line completed up to this point. There is a TRU GL six pack, and a GL/Black Canary/Green Arrow pack out there as well....I have had my eye on them. At this point though, I need to consider economics- I lost my job a month ago, income is basically all but spoken for, and I need to be mindful of my spending. For the time being, I need the following for the dc direct GL stuff:
Hal Jordan
Shark
Batman
Guy Gardner

I guess my only alternative is to evilBay the stuff, which I really don't want to, but such is life.

Lastly, my collecting tends to be irratic depending on whatever is striking my mood at any particular time- I have stayed with the GL stuff since last September. I stopped collecting all other stuff, including Dr. Doom stuff, TF's, and Joe.

Edit: oh, there is one other GL thing I don't have- the 4 pack with Abin Sur and Tomar Re. I can readily buy it, but I'm waiting to give it to myself as a congratulatory gift for when I become employed again.
I hear you on the monetary issues. I'm trying to finish grad school in the next few months, all the while looking for a job. And trying not to go into debt at the same time. I think the Infinite Heroes are cool, but a not enough for the money. Seeing as I can put a few more bucks in and get a nice DC Direct fig, there's really no point unless they were really that special.

Are you talking of the GL line that Parallax (I believe Killowog too) came out of? I've seen the Guy Gardner at comic shops a while back(around $16), and I own the Hal Jordan (sorry, not for sale, he's just too damn cool). Never saw the Batman or Shark ones though.
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

ganon578 wrote:Are you talking of the GL line that Parallax (I believe Killowog too) came out of? I've seen the Guy Gardner at comic shops a while back(around $16), and I own the Hal Jordan (sorry, not for sale, he's just too damn cool). Never saw the Batman or Shark ones though.
Yes, those be the ones. I have the DC Universe Hal that came with Abin Sur as a TRU 2-pack, and the Toyfare Exclusive Emerald Shield version of Hal (DC Direct), which is the same as the one you have; just totally translucent green.

Here are the other two I'm looking for:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
*BARRAGE*

Post by *BARRAGE* »

yeah, hours just got cut at my job... but yours sucks worse zeeks... just got a 16 inch millenium godzilla (mistakenly marked at 3 bucks, suh-weet) and a couple gears of war figs at garage sale...
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I got Retrofire Mighty Morphin Megazord.

I love this thing. I don't know why we don't get SoCs of the older Megazords, or SOMETHING with more articulation while maintaining combination...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I've picked up a lot of new Star Wars stuff, but haven't been posting it as I was waiting till I get a new camera, the old one has left my hands. But I just had to brag tell you guys that I just got Darth Revan! Yes, the one from the 30th anniversary line, not the Mighty Muggs, I'm so happy to finally have it without having to have spent a fortune on it. Thanks to Sir Auros ;)
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Ackula wrote:I've picked up a lot of new Star Wars stuff, but haven't been posting it as I was waiting till I get a new camera, the old one has left my hands. But I just had to brag tell you guys that I just got Darth Revan! Yes, the one from the 30th anniversary line, not the Mighty Muggs, I'm so happy to finally have it without having to have spent a fortune on it. Thanks to Sir Auros ;)
If I wasn't on a GL kick, I would be haunting you for that for years to come....Bastard. :D

Something really cool happened this weekend, and I ended up getting the GL Box set with Jordan, Abin Sur, Tomar Re, and battle damaged Manhunter, who is prolly my favorite out of the set. Thinking about reviewing it, but it's gonna be one LONG ASS review.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Been a long time since I posted in this thread, and I truly missed it- I haven't bought any toys per se, but I did complete my lantern t-shirt collection. Enjoy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Ackula wrote:Darth Revan
I'm glad you managed to get one cheap! I was looking at online prices a week ago and he is quite incredibly expensive.
Is there an HK-47 figure yet? Because it must be done...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

One more addition: I got the Sinestro package from the Super Hero Collection by Eaglemoss productions-

http://www.eaglemoss.com/dc/figurines.html

I really like the series as a whole. I picked up the Dr. Doom one about a year ago, and found Sinestro the other night, so I had to have it. For safety reasons, though, I'm keeping the figurine in its little display box due to the lead content. Last thing the guy at Newbury Comics says to me is "Don't put this in your mouth."

I think the biographical comic that comes with each figure is great- Since I can only compare this to Doom, it seems the Marvel releases had more "meat" in their line, but the opening paragraph to Sinestro's has stuck with me since I first read it:

"Like the Biblical Lucifer, Sinestro of Korugar knows the horror of falling from exalted heights. Once the most favoured servant of the omniscient Guardians of the Universe, Sinestro's overweening pride in his status as "greatest of Green Lanterns" led to his catastrophic fall from grace. Turning to evil, he inflicted a terrible vengeance upon those who dared to judge and condemn him."

I need that written on my gravestone.:up:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

SURPRISE!!!!!!!111ONEONE

I got another Sinestro figure- the Mattel JLU version that was released in 2007. This is about the only version of original costume Sinestro that I like because he doesn't look like a retarded clown. Will edit this later with a pic. Preferably with a thumbnail cuz thats the way uh huh uh huh Cliffy likes it....:swirly:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Recently got a stress Stay Puft Marshmallow Man when I got the Ghostbusters game, the Alex Mercer Prototype figurine which came with the game and the Heavy Walker which came with Red Faction Guerilla.

Also got a Chris Redfield figurine when I got Resident Evil 5, 'Old' Solid Snake when I got Metal Gear Solid 4 and Ryu and Crimson Viper when I got Street Fighter 4.
Destruction is my specialty
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Last figure or model in this case was the 1:60 Perfect Grade Wing Zero Gundam model, certainly looking like a time consuming undertaking get it built and polished up, but then for the price i'd hope that it wasn't a one night jobber.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

I found the DC Universe version of Sinestro; not too keen on him, but it's a win just on account of being Sinestro. Ganon578, I was reminded of your question way back about the universe figs.

I also grabbed the DC Mini mates version of him as well- it was part of a two pack with Salaak. Much more impressed with this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

HG 1/144 Cherudim Gundam from Gundam 00.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

After trying to find him for a few months I picked up Wolverine Origins Deadpool a few weeks back. Severely hampered when you first get him though. Ditch the comically oversized sai, cut off the time displacement harness from his belt and you actually have a decent Deadpool figure (Just has the terrible Iron Man line hips, and his feet are made of rubbery plastic on a swivel joint) Not bad for my first foray into the 3 3/4" scale.
Also, the paint apps are a bit lacking. (I love my camera =D)

Also, picked up my first Star Wars toy (Legacy Collection Sandtrooper) and what is most likely my last. Balljointed neck is a plus, as are the double-jointed feet and Wrist articulation. Everything else about his movement is awkward, mainly the cut joint hips and the odd proportions (And that's taking into account the head is supposed to be a helmet.) The reason I DID get him though if because of a little bonus this line comes with currently: A weapons storage locker. Granted it's cardboard, but good lord.
(Stock Photo Used. Too lazy to take actual photo)

The sheer number of accessories more than make up for it. The shoulder pauldron, backpack, Thermal Detonator, Blaster pistol are usually all that's with the toy, but the addition of the weapons locker brings two additional trooper blasters, two blaster rifle, a droid blaster, and EMP Launcher really increase the value for me.(Granted, I got it for $6.49)

Not bad for my first two forays into the 3 3/4" scale. My next seven should be arriving in the next few weeks or so. =D
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

That Sandtrooper is just a reissue of an older figure. Try picking up the new mold Spacetrooper for a better figure.:up:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Okay. Here we go...

DC Universe Classics Captain Atom
Build a Figure Despero
ML Colossus
X-men Series Storm
ML Shadowcat
ML Doom
ML FF Invisible Woman
ML FF Mr. Fanstastic
ML FF Namor
ML FF Mole Man
ML FF Build a Figure Ronan the Accuser
ML BAF Blob
ML BAF MODOK
ML Days of Future Past Logan
ML Scarlet Witch
ML Hawkeye
ML Rachel Grey
ML Baron Strucker
ML Leader
ML House of M 4-pack
ML Beast
ML King Thor
ML Modern Wasp
ML BAF Sentinel (makes for #2)
ML BAF Brood Queen
Various Marvel Select Brood and Skrulls
ML Black Knight
ML Mystique
ML Hydra Agent

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I guess my last one was my ML Mr. Sinister from Jay and Silent Bobs secret stash in Red bank. Its good to live Jersey
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Last Friday, I got my first ever online order. It was also my first import toy purchase too! and luckily due to a massive clearance sale on HLJ.com, I managed to snag Series 5 of the Kamen Rider Motion Revive Line. They are perfectly scaled for modern Joes too, but the articulation is BETTER.

Double-jointed shoulders, elbows and knees. Ball Jointed ankles, chest and head, interchangable hands and loads of accessories. They are sold by the box of 8 (6 known toys, 1 mystery, and 1 extra) and (while they were on sale) I got them for $21 without shipping. So I basically paid $3 each.

I'll get pics up later.

EDIT: It's later. Here's a pic. Sorry for the quality, I think the compression was a bit much.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
secretcode

Post by secretcode »