This is gonna go down like the Hindenburg, but I wanna say a few things...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

This is gonna go down like the Hindenburg, but I wanna say a few things...

Post by Cliffjumper »

...cos I missed the Rock's Forum topic [or the most of it], and a lot of it did relate to me...

The first thing I knew about that forum was when I logged into Yahoo! at about 12:30am UK time and got mails from Denyer and Brend congratulating me on my "modship", so anyone implying that I had a direct role in the creation of the bloody thing can go f*ck a camel...

I did actually find the thing hysterically funny - me actually being a mod [it's the only way I'd do it, and the only way they'd actually let me do it], with 'power' only over Rock... kinda drew parallels with when Rock & I first clashed, when some sort of software problem had put the jackass as a moderator and he went through a phase of randomly deleting threads, inlcuding one where I'd just got a new girlfriend, which was apparently too obscene for you lot as it mentioned she was in the same room as me... Plus I loved the irony of the whole post count thing - Rock always used to claim it was the only thing whihc meant anything to me, so I suppose he thought I'd be powerpostin' away to get my holy grail back... Just goes to show how utterly wrong people can be, right?

Nobody made Rock write all that sh!t, all he's done is shown most of you what myself and others have known for quite some time.

Rock basically decided to switch a rather run-of-the-mill board rivalry into something personal. Slurrs were made upon my character, if I was friends with a mod or an admin [and I'm pretty friendly with most of 'em - a situation which, with the exception of Sky, was in place well before any of them were mods] i was accused of sucking up, friends of mine were slandered, a pompous attitude towards nayone who didn't vastly prefer BW to G1, he had an inability to get jokes and finally he decided to do the ultimate in Bulletin Board w*nker etiquette: a you go or I go ultimatum. I'm not going because someone tells me to.

Basically I've had scraps with posters on this board from Skywarp to Starscream's ghost to Cosmo to Blaster_86, but there are very few instances where I'll hold a grudge. Rock is one of four posters since I've been here [none of whom actively post here anymore, AFAIK] who have made things personal, and as such I have no apologies for anything I have done towards him, and no sympathy for any problems he has.

that was a structureless rant, and whether or not any of you needed to hear it, I sure needed to say it... if it pissed you off, don't reply and it'll sink down the topics list...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Another day out with the boys - just me, Chaos and Mayhem - I love this job!"
"I'm Godzilla, you're Tokyo!"
"You haven't been where I have at all, so who are you to judge?"
"What am I, an idiot magnet?"
"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Walk a mile in my shoes, then criticise the way I am.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"some sort of software problem" ?
Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
got mails
Speakin' of, which series d'ya want copied?

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, there was nothing to show he got thereon merit from what I saw...

I'll be mailin' ya later tonight hopefully! And I'm hoping to get this stuff to you before Xmas [you too Brend!]...

------------------

Please visit my site, The Transformers Database and visit the totally alive, kicking and far-out Message Board!

"Just remember kid, I'm not teachin' you this so you can go out an' kill people - I'm teaching you this to keep ya alive."
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Hey man,
I totally understand how aggravating it is when someone, for no apparent reason decides that you are the lucky recipient of their misdirected hostility.

For example, have you ever heard "leave your problems at the door." at work, or heard someone else being told that. Well the same principle applies here. Some ppl can't leave their problems at the door, so they take it out on unsuspecting good ppl.

I feel sorry for ppl like that, it only demonstrates how powerless they are in the "real world" over anything of consequence.

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be fair there's no smoke without fire, and I'm the last person who'd be described as innocent, but Rock was the guy who decided to make this personal rather than just another argument about Transformers, and when people do that I refuse to sit back and be insulted.

------------------

cosmotron
Protoform

Post by cosmotron »

well, the flames me and cliff hv had were as bad as they get.
and we worked around them.
frankly, i did not know rock, did not speak with him.
but througout my time at ther archive, from when he was a mod to when he was a poster, he had a bit of an attitude problem.

cliffy, sure , once u cross him or do something stupid, or rant at him, he'll cut u up.
but if ur ok with him, he's ok with u.
he'll cut u up continously if u pissed him first.
and frankly rock made no attempt to clear things.
so i don think u guys cam dump this on cliff

------------------
EXPERIENCE IS THE BENCHMARK OF MATURITY
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I don't think this went as bad as you forecasted with the title, Cliffy. I know I understand your position, all too well I'm afraid.
As for deleting that forum, I say go for it, wipe him off the face of the board.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the new sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

Do not talk smack to the dragon.--Ancient Gibsonian proverb
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

See Cosmo, our flame wars were tremendous fun, becuase it was two guys with rather strong opinions about TRANSFORMERS arguing about TRANSFORMERS - we didn't start accussing each other of sucking up to the mods, or just being out to boost our ranks or what-have-you...

------------------

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ye have a short PM, since I didn't notice this thread before... yep, personally I say: You're the mod, wipe if ya wanna! May as well reclaim Brendan's server space... the point has been made.

------------------

Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

The arguements with me I caused myself so techinically you did nothing wrong except set me straight. Rock is just an idiot who cares, him and Osama play poker on weekends.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Whilst I'm not exactly Rock's most vocal proponent, I don't think he's in quite the same league of fascism...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

*shrugs* its poker night for idiots, I used to participate.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I don't think he's in quite the same league of fascism...
... Stuart Denyar

Rock would really have to work hard to achieve that level of idiocy to be like Osama! Lol!

------------------
Seeing Jazz in a whole new light.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

He'd also have to have people stupid enough to follow him, but as it appears he is all alone. Too bad for him. [/Sarcasm]

I just wanna add that I think this whole thing has only really seemed to break apart some board unity(read: my basement roomie) and caused a lot of people to use random insults against someone that they might not have ever spoken to(see above). I think what Rock did is reprehensible and pathetic, and beyond that I don't think there's any more I should say on it. I never knew him, and I don't really want to know him, so I will not insult him any further. But people getting stressed about him(you know who you are) gives him a victory; he's turning everyone against each other that way, which is pretty obviously something he would relish.

I think I speak for some people here when I say, enough is enough. Drop it. Delete it. Be done with it. This has gone too far.

R.

------------------

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!

[This message has been edited by Redstreak (edited 12-18-2001).]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

EDIT: That lil' josh was a little too close to the knuckle, but basically the stuff's gone!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Cliffjumper (edited 12-18-2001).]
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hmmm... I did laugh out loud, though.

Anywaaaaaay... [/Ross] Thus ends another stimulating moment in Archive history. I'm not going to close this just yet (although it will be once the forum is absent to prevent bumping.)

However, this should hopefully mark the end of the matter...

'TIL ALL ARE ONE! Image

------------------

Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Good deal, guys. Now hopefully things will get back to their abnormal selves around here again. Image

R.

------------------

Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

After reading the bulk of Rock's forum, I would say that I totally agree with Cliffy on this situation. Rock took this way to personal, and even became obsessed with his rivialry with Cliffjumper. I might have offered some pity for the man if he had not brought in other posters, but he cowardly sladnered all of the mods here and some of the older guys too. The way I see it, if I got a problem with someone, I tell them. The way he handled it was disgraceful at best.
Anyways, thats my opinion on the situation.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
cosmotron
Protoform

Post by cosmotron »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper:
See Cosmo, our flame wars were tremendous fun, becuase it was two guys with rather strong opinions about TRANSFORMERS arguing about TRANSFORMERS - we didn't start accussing each other of sucking up to the mods, or just being out to boost our ranks or what-have-you...

exactly
rock had strong views on tf as well, but was more, MY WAY OR NO WAY, and was very stubborn with, and was not open to debate anything he said, just expected u to follow what he daid

------------------
EXPERIENCE IS THE BENCHMARK OF MATURITY

[This message has been edited by cosmotron (edited 12-18-2001).]
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Don't know if it really matters or if anyone can do anything about it, or even if they want to, but I checked, and Rock's post count is still 5647. It appears to me that to lower it would have been possible only by deleting each post, one by one, a long and arduous task I don't think anybody would have been up for.

R.

------------------