[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Crap! I erased my game from the first Mass Effect. I had an inkling that it would be transferable, but I wanted to free up hard drive space. And I sold it, too. It's probably just 20 bucks to buy it again, so I may. It's good enough to play again.

I haven't got any new games for quite awhile, but I did get the Broken Steel and Point Lookout DLC for Fallout 3.:up:
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Double dipped on SF4 for PC along with Mass Effect.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote:BTW, if you still have your saved games for the first Mass Effect, it transfers to the sequel and follows the decisions that you made in the first one. Pretty sweet! If you have a GameStop in your area, you should pre-order it. You'll get a cool set of armor and a FREAKING BLACK HOLE GUN! :)
I know. Good aint it. For those in the UK, if you preorder through play.com, you get this gear. If you want the Inferno(Infernus?) armour instead, you should preorder through Amazon.

Assassin's Creed 2 is outstanding by the way. If you don't play it, you're a damned fool. Fact.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Oh man, I got that for Christmas from my parents, and played it obsessively to completion. They fixed everything that was wrong in the first game, and it would've been high up on my game of the year list, but the parkour system now feels outdated since I've played inFamous. The greatest difficulty in the game were the controls, so I hope they can fix that for the third game.

Just finished Borderlands, and while I was enthralled during the game, the ending made me retroactively dislike it.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I got a PS3 for Christmas. I've not played a console game in like seven years.

I have GTA IV and DJ Hero. You may not see me for several weeks,
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

We got my kids Super Mario Wii and Ghostbusters for Xmas. I have been playing both a bit my self, but mainly Mario...me and the wife have put in a decent bit of time on it. It is a load of fun, but there are "damn it!" moments when we tend to knock each other off platforms due to the annoying bouncing off the head shit. Still, its a fun game.
moonbaseone
Protoform

Post by moonbaseone »

Last game I got was call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. So far I'm having fun playing through the campaign, though i am not in a big rush to beat it. Tried Spec-Ops, that's fun with a friend. I've played online, and like Domination and Headquarters. Lots of fun.
"Till All Are ONE"

-Please visit FavoriteToons.com - your COMPLETE Cartoon Online resource for Toons, Anime, Transformers, and more!!!

By - Moonbaseone
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Just got Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Upside: you get to drive a train.

Downside: Trying to sneak Zelda out of the palace, Exactly why doo I need her along again?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I got Dragon Age:Origins for christmas along with a Brand new HDTV!

I'm picking up CoD: Modern Warfare 2 this Friday.
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yesterday for the DS I bought:
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Professor Layton & The Curious Village
and for the PS2:
  • Frequency (pre-Guitar Hero game)
  • Singstar: Queen
  • Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (because my nephew grew up on Spyro & Crash Bandicoot games)
for the Gamecube:
  • Resident Evil
and the Mac:
  • Colin Mcrae rally
  • Lego Star Wars
and finally for the PSOne:
  • Ape Escape
Multiformat whore, me:smokin:

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Just purchased Borderlands for PC through Steam. I'm lolligagger on steam if anyone wants to add me.

It's different from what I prefer in an FPS, as this one is like an RPFPS and I am up to lvl 8 after about 2 hours of game play with not really pressing it. Friend of mine plays it and says the co-op portion of the mp is fun. I am not sure.

I have been taking a break from gaming (mainly from playing WOW and Aion). If anyone wants to frag, I have Counterstrike Source,Team Fortress 2 and other games, so hit me up on steam if you want :)
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I got RE: Darkside Chronicles for the Wii for Christmas (I know late posting) and it's phenomenal (if you like on rails shooters). You can definitely tell more production time & money has gone into this one than Umbrella Chronicles (which is also very entertaining). Overall Darkside Chronicles is a very fun game if you can get over the shaky-cam effect. Once I got used to the new camera, I have been thoroughly enjoying this title. Definitely recommended to any Wii owners who enjoy the RE series...

Also picked up Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff for the DS. Great little football game (arcade style) that is a frickin' cool update of the old NES games. Unfortunately it doesn't have the real NFL teams or players, though it does allow you to modify everything in the game. I took some time, changed all the team names and uniform colors, and modded some players so at least the star players are on each team (a la Brett Favre on Minnesota, Chad Ochocinco on Cincinnati, etc.). Got it for $15 at Wal-Mart!

On another note, I got another game for Christmas from a family member (bless their heart) that tried to tie in two things that my wife and I have going for us: 1) we own a Wii, 2) we're expecting a little one in June. So said family member got me My Baby: First Steps. Going with my heart, I decided to open the game and give it a try. Played it for about 30 minutes while my wife watched, and to quote her: "Wow. You have my approval to trade that game in." Basically she fell asleep for about 15 of the 30 minutes and even she (a non-gamer) decided it was not a good game. Oh well, it was worth a shot. Traded the game (and one other from long ago) and picked up a mic stand so I can simultaneously play guitar and sing vocals in my Guitar Hero games!!! ROCK OUT!!!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Just got a ps3 with Batman, the last guy, and the first modern warfare game.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5 for PS2, I think it was earlier in the week, and I'm gonna return because the audio is entirely in Japanese, I'm also eventually going to get Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles for the Wii, Resident Evil 0 for the Wii and if the figure is still available, Darksiders for the PS3.
Destruction is my specialty
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Finally bought a classic controller for the Wii so I can play Majora's Mask.

Also picked up Rock Band 2 for $20.

Oh yeah, Mass Effect 2 comes out tomorrow night. :)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron wrote: Oh yeah, Mass Effect 2 comes out tomorrow night. :)
Friday for us poor suckers on this side of the pond. However, last time I preordered from Play, I got the game the day before release. Hope they do it again!

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Just bought Little Big Planet today. Lovely game it is, and lots of Stephen Fry. Also got myself Zombie Apocalypse and Wipeout HD off the PSN store. Zombie Apocalypse is simple but extremely good fun.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm looking at Left 4 Dead 2 once we have actual spending money, since we keep renting it... I need a new DanceDance dancing pad for my DDR game, since it has been confirmed that mine seems to have been somewhere it shouldn't have been when things were being tossed when I moved apartments this summer. :/

Planning to buy Pokemon Diamond, since I can't stop playing Pearl. Sigh.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I just finished Mass Effect 2 a few minutes ago. It's really awesome that you can go around the universe after beating the main story mission. My biggest complaint is that you can have an amazingly capable AI on your ship, but you can't tell it to feed your damn fish, so they die if you forget once or twice?
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

This might be an odd one for this thread, but.....

A game I'd like to get in the near future(it comes out in Feburary) is Lupin the Third: The Great Brain Challenge!(or something to that effect). The down side is that it's only coming out in Japan. If Lupin was as popular over here as DBZ or Naruto, it would get translated and ported. Alas, it's not, so it will take an act of Primus to get it done.

On the up side, the DS isn't region locked.

So, my question is this: has anybody dealt with an online retailer that sells imported games? And isn't going to ask for an internal organ or three for game price and shipping?
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642