[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cliffjumper wrote:I've ordered IL-2 Sturmovik.
AWESOME I CAN FLY A FINNISH GLOSTER GLADIATOR:love:
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I would love to buy Kingdoms of Amalur and Batman: Arkham City on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS3.
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for the Xbox 360.

Although I will doubt I will get any of them them in anytime soon though.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

In an uncharacteristic moment of actually being willing to spend money, I went out and bought an Xbox 360. It came bundled with Halo: Reach (which'll probably be all the Halo I'll ever need...I enjoyed the previous games when I played I found them all to be very samey) and Fable 3 (don't know anything about this series...is it any good?). I also picked up Arkham Asylum and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and intend to track down all three Mass Effect games (in fact, doing so was one of the big reasons for buying the console to start with).

I've only started Deus Ex so far, but after the first couple levels it feels like a worthy successor to the original. My only gripe is that they're really stingy with the ammo, which isn't a big deal if you build a stealth character but could make life very difficult if you decide to invest mainly in combat augmentations.
verytired

Post by verytired »

Warcry wrote:Fable 3 (don't know anything about this series...is it any good?).
I thought it was alright: perhaps as good as the originals, with some nice new bits, but it didn't hook me as well as I thought it would.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Using some trade-ins I bought the collectors edition of Prototype 2 on 360 ans because for some reason I've taken an interest in Assassins Creed I went out and bought AC 2 and Brotherhood while they were on 2 for 1 special.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Using some trade-ins I bought the collectors edition of Prototype 2 on 360 and because, for some reason, I've taken an interest in Assassins Creed I went out and bought AC 2 and Brotherhood while they were on 2 for 1 special.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition for the Xbox 360.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Traded in a bunch of stuff to a new, locally-owned game store and picked up a slew of titles: Civilization Revolution (PS3), Prince of Persia (360), Fable II (360), and Sonic Colors (Wii).

I'm thoroughly surprised at how much I'm enjoying Sonic Colors. Given Sonic's recent track record of mediocre-bad games, I heard this one was actually fun. And it is! I think I'll finish it pretty quickly, though, since I only have 3 more areas to take out. But it's been a great return to a style similar to the Genesis days with branching pathways, a good sense of speed, and a story that's kind of humorous and not super annoying like in other recent titles. And you play just as Sonic. Not Tails, or Knuckles, or Big the Cat... just Sonic. And no transformations into anything idiotic. It surprises me that it took Sega this long to get back to a normal game.

The other games are on my queue to play; I have played some Prince of Persia, which has also been a fun diversion from the heavy RPG's I've been tackling lately.
BOOBS1

Post by BOOBS1 »

Fruit Ninja on Kinect... orgionally bought for the kids but I enjoy it too
I'm so smooth that I'm just-
And smoothies, are just, "ies.."
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Using some trade-ins I bought Diablo 3 Collectors Edition and guess what comes with it? Go on guess.

Diablo 2 and it's expansion pack!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for a fiver off some bloke.

I'm sure its not the best thing in the world, but growing up I quite liked sports games and the variety in the events. I was well into titles like David Crane's Decathlon, (interestingly, David Crane also did the first Transformers game).

Umm, California Games, World Games and other stuff. Loved it, not that I'm sporty at all!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Tom Clancy' Ghost Recon:Future Soldier Collector's Edition and I'm expecting a few games to come in next week.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

SKYRIM!!! Say goodbye to my 'free' time...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Diablo 3.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

And Kirby's Epic Yarn as a nice, fabricky break from my Skyrim sessions...
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

A friend of mine gave me a code for Bastion through Steam.

Great game.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Iron Warrior

Post by Iron Warrior »

Legend of Zelda; Link's Awakening DX, and Pokemon Fire Red. Both from Amazon. Retro-a-go-go!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sage (X360), Dragon's Dogma (PS3) and Max Payne 3 (PS3) came in the mail during the week.

I also picked up Resistance: Burning Skies, which is a Vita game, although I don't have a PS Vita yet.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword on Wii for only fifteen sovs at Argos. It's such a bargain I bought it a week ago and have yet to open it!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Got Star Fox 64 for six dollars.

Can't go wrong with this one.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.