[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

In my never ending quest to pick up more crap that I don't have time to play, GameStop was running a stupid good special: I ordered God of War: Ascension and it came with a free copy of God of War Saga which contains the 3 PS2/PS3 titles and the two off of the PSP. 6 games for $60? Couldn't pass that up.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Scraplet1 has just had God of War: Ascension for his birthday today and looves it already. It won't get him off Assassins Creed, though.
I got a secondhand Thor for the Wii!

(er, we have a PS1, a PS2, a PS3, an X-Box 360 and a Wii now... Whatever next?)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

A WiiU! (for Pikmin 3).

Or a 3DS (for Luigi's Mansion 2).

Seriously, Luigi's Mansion was a fantastic game on the Gamecube. It's garnered brilliant reviews on the 3DS this past week, makes me actually want a 3DS now. This is how the feeling is going to be when the big hitters reeeally start coming out for the WiiU (Mario Kart, Galaxy 3, Zelda, Metroid Prime etc).
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Got a $225 gift card for amazon.com and i finally got my capture device for youtube!!! Got an HD PVR 2 Gaming edition and since it was on sale i had just enough to get Biohock infinite with only a few bucks to spare!! only downside is i wont get the HD PVR 2 untill the 1st and Bioshock untill the 5th... but it was all free to me so cant complain too much!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Well, just finished my second full playthrough of ME3, complete with all the DLCs.

It was considerably better the second time around. I don't really remember the old one to compare it to the new Extended Cut ending, but I did reasonably enjoy the ending this time, so I guess they improved it.

As to the DLCs:

Omega: Sure, some might critiscise it for being basically a shooter DLC, but it was a blast nonetheless. It was good to catch up with Aria again, and I did enjoy the main villain of the piece. The extra character was interesting too, and it was an interesting dynamic, seeing as my character shared her philosophy more than Aria's.

Leviathan: Excellent. I really enjoyed the investigation bits, and parts of it are genuinely creepy. I didn't think too much of the art design of the Leviathan itself, but some of the locations were very atmospheric. Also really enjoyed the investigative bits.

Citadel: Yes, it's a bit pandering to the fans in places, but like Cyberstrike said, it's a great celebration of the trilogy. The new locations are intriguing and the banter between squadmates is great fun. I especially enjoyed the secondary bad guy. It was very well done.

Appearance Pack 1: Yes I'm a sucker for Mass Effect DLC. What can I say? But this was pretty poor. I quite liked Garrus' outfit, but Liara's and EDI's weren't that good. But hey, I only wasted 160 Bioware points.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

It wasn't so much this week as it was a while ago but I forgot to post it. So yeah I downloaded Star Wars The Old Republic seen as it's now free to play. Anyone else on it?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

My stuff from amazon came in yesterday way early! :D Played bioshock for a few hours last nite and just finished it, and boy is my mind blown... no spoilers but what happens in the final stages of infinite makes the "whould you kindly" twist from the first bioshock look like a "twist" in a COD game, yes its is that big and yes it is that good. In total it took me 12-15 hours to beat, and with no mulitplayer or NEW GAME + the replay value is pretty low. Your sats for achievements like kills with certain weapons or collectables are saved so not all is lost at least. Hands down the best game ive played in a long time: buy it, borrow it, rent it, just dont miss it.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I picked up my copy of Starcraft 2: Heart Of The Swarm collector's edition on Wednesday and it came in a surprisingly heavy box.
Destruction is my specialty
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Traded in a ton of games and got Defiance Ultimate edition for only $10! The servers are a bit wacky at launch but what mmo doesnt have launch problems?! The box is huge, like 3/4 the size of the rockband band kit! And its nice to finally have an mmo on xbox besides FFXI. And the back of the box literary says "Players: 1-10,000+", i mean holy cow thats awesome! The highest number ive seen there before was 32, so 10,000 is quite a jump!!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Been playing Bloon Tower Defense 5 a lot lately.
Also going to buy the new Fire Emblem as soon as I buy a 3DS...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Gotten myself ridiculously into the Mass Effect games, even if 3 is a little bit generic shootery. Debating whether (or rather which) DLC to buy. Citadel is a lock but I'm not sure if the other stuff is worth my time/money.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Omega provides a good few hours of game play, and Leviathan's story is worth it.
The extra character can be worth it depending on your own character. I play a Sentinel normally, so having his abilities was worth it more than half the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

As my tax return came in, I was able to not only replace my 3DS(control d-pad broke on the old one), I got a new 3DS XL and a copy of Tomb Raider.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I've been playing Fable III.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I downloaded the Mass Effect 3 DLC The Citadel as well as a very cheap Just Cause 2 on Xbox Live, also buying Gears of War: Ascension Special Edition.
Destruction is my specialty
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Had a little play of Lord of the Rings: War in the North today. One of this month's PS+ games. It's fairly inoffensive. Entertaining enough, would have been triple A in the PS2 generation.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I got Fall of Cybertron on the 360 as a late birthday gift, and I've played a couple hours into it. So far I'm not impressed at all. None of the things that were wrong with WFC have really been addressed, and the game still feels like a generic shooter with Transformers in it instead of a game that was actually designed with Transformers in mind from the get-go. My biggest complaint is that there's absolutely no reason to transform other than for the pre-planned vehicle-mode sections.
Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I've been playing Fable III.
Is it any good? I got a copy when I bought my console, but I haven't actually played it yet.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Defiance is really good! when the servers are up... But seriously i love this game. you can be exploring on your atv and come across 20-30 people fighting i giant random rave boss or team up with someone whos on the same story mission as you and stick together or go your own ways afterwards. and its not a herky jerky mmo with bad animations, its a smooth full functioning third person shooter that happens to support 10,000 player co-op! One of the most unique game experiences ive had in the last 10 years of gaming!
Also my clans youtube channel is up and running. If anyone wants to check it out its Xenomorphic Coalition. just type that in the search bar on youtube you'll find us!
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I very nearly bought Goldeneye and Metroid: Other M for the Wii today... but chose to leave them in the shop.

This morning whilst waiting for a guy to bring round some keys I popped in NSMBWii and it was fantastically good fun.

I'm trying to build a reasonable collection of top tier Wii games, and I started trading some of the below par ones to that effect. I think I've got a pretty excellent set so far (about 25 games), but if I've got a sequel to something, I'm not bothering to get the original. As a result I'm passing up Super Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess as I own Galaxy 2 and Skyward Sword.

So I'm not going for exhaustive, just what I think is top stuff. The main point is for it to be a collection with lots of variety in playing style. Other M should be a shoe-in therefore, as I don't think there's anything else quite like it.

I've never been a big Metroid fan, but some say if you're not, then this is the Metroid game to play, because it doesn't have exploration and lots of backtracking. That's what annoyed me about Prime.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Warcry wrote:I got Fall of Cybertron on the 360 as a late birthday gift, and I've played a couple hours into it. So far I'm not impressed at all. None of the things that were wrong with WFC have really been addressed, and the game still feels like a generic shooter with Transformers in it instead of a game that was actually designed with Transformers in mind from the get-go. My biggest complaint is that there's absolutely no reason to transform other than for the pre-planned vehicle-mode sections.

Is it any good? I got a copy when I bought my console, but I haven't actually played it yet.
Yes, it's a good game if you want to play a fun if at times very annoying game trying to use as few menus as possible (which actually backfires at times) for an RPG-Action game. There are some great things the weapons evolve as your character becomes either more good or bad. Trying to make you think as a leader. The voice talent is pretty damn good. The Monty Python style humor ("The Game" quest is hysterical). The ability to marry just about anyone and have and/or adopt kids. That your decesions have major consequences this you see and does effect the game.

No, if you a great co-op MP experince. The MP sucks in both Fable II and Fable III. The NPCs dialogue is done by a few people (it's the same with The Elder Scrolls and recent Fallout games), really annoying bugs. No "quit game" menu, you can't actually "lose" a fight.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.