[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I'm gonna buy the new Plants Vs. Zombies when it comes out for sure.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

ganon578 wrote:How far did you get? I finally got through the Trial of Archimedes and finished the game. It was pretty enjoyable the whole way through if you know how to use the amulet and stone correctly. Magic rationing is also a key.
Not too much farther then before its just too similar to the other GOW games and it feels like its being epic just to be epic to me, like the whole moutian of spinning snakes pretty pointless imo. ill pick it back up one day its just been moved to my backlog.
Also i did something stupid in most peoples eyes today... i preordered an xbox one. called my gamestop as i heard on twitter each store can only have 10 sure enough it as true! they even had the list of people under the counter. they had 6 left by the time i got there and i live in a small town in Alabama. so yeah just payed the 100 bucks down and reserved my day one edition wich has a special controller and dlc for all first party launch games as well as a DAY ONE achievement. 500 is steap but i gotta have my halo and ive never gotten a console at launch so i figured it was the perfect time.
then sony said 400 ps4 and all my friends called me an idiot... i swear i cant have anything good in my life without some kind of drawback. :P oh well i dont regret it one bit as the first party titles are rigt up my alley and nothing at sony (except killzone) really spoke to me. Oh and PEGGLE 2!!!!!! (hardest ive laughed in a long time! google it if you havent seen it, just simply hilarious!)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Got the last of us. Finished it in a marathon in the past 2 days, took me 14 hours total. And I have to say it was one of the best games I have EVER played, right up there with halo 2 and Alan wake. Just simply amazing! If you own a Ps3 you MUST buy this game, you won't regret it one damn bit!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I downloaded Killzone HD on the PS3 on Tuesday for just $10.
Destruction is my specialty
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Last week I traded in Disaster: Day of Crisis and Skycrawlers: Innocent Aces on Wii and Professor Layton and Polarium on DS and with the money bought Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid: Other M, and it only cost me an additional £2.

Clearly the shop had no idea how much the Prime Trilogy is really worth. I was considering selling it on eBay for a decent markup, but after playing it... the Wii motion controls on the two older Gamecube titles are fantastic. I had the original Metroid Prime on the Gamecube and I was useless at it. With Wii controls its so much smoother. Feels like this is how it should have been, and now I can properly get immersed. Love the exploration, cataloging and mapping, and the graphics still bear more than a nod to the current gen.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I downloaded the free versions of Deux Ex: Human Revolution and Saints Row: The Third on the PS3 (they're free too all PS+ memebers) I'm having a lot of fun with Saints Row: The Third it's just so insane and over the top.

I tried DE:HR I played past the intro and then got bored.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Downloaded Fable 3 via XBL since it's free right now for all Gold Members. Haven't played it yet, but I look forward to seeing what it has to offer, regardless of the mediocrity I hear about it.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

The Last Of Us Survival Edition came in the mail from Amazon on Wednesday.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Barely played games for a while now because of work, but about a month ago I found myself with time while I am in between jobs (left one, waiting for the other to start) and got reinvigorated.

In the last few weeks I have completed - Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2 HD, and I am currently on the final boss battle of MGS3 HD.

Once this is done I'll be moving on to MGS Peace Walker HD, MGS 4, Fallout 3. Want to try and get to the Dead Space trilogy at some point, and need to play the new God of War as well.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Paid off my Xbox one as well as 4 games: Battlefield 4, call of duty ghosts, forza 5, and watchdogs. Confused the hell out of the poor guy when when I said I wanted to pay off everything.

Also picked up the resistance collection, killzone collection, and sly cooper thieves in time.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Downloaded Layton Brothers Mystery Room for the iOS. Fun so far, but a bit darker given that all there is to investigate appears to be murders.

Also got Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

After a ton of trade ins at a local mom-and-pop game store, I snagged a used Cosmo Black 3DS and Kid Icarus: Uprising for about $50. The system was in immaculate condition; it still had the original box and all the paperwork, not a scuff on the outside case or a scratch on the screens! And best of all the previous owner included all the Club Nintendo paperwork and hadn't registered it. So as a bonus I was able to get the coins by registering on Club Nintendo! Talk about a steal!

Kid Icarus is good fun so far, though I've only played a couple levels. Fast and furious, though I get some hand cramps on occasion due to the control layout. Not a dealbreaker though. Now I'll have to finagle getting an SDHC card and downloading the GBC Zelda titles!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Picked up Ratchet & Clank Future:A Crack In Time. Really loving it so far! Never played ps2 ones but I did play TOD a few years ago no idea why it took me this long to pick this one up!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Spent a few bucks in the Nintendo eShop on my newly acquired 3DS. Picked up the Zelda Oracle titles (Ages & Seasons), both of which I have played long ago, but they're just such fine games I don't mind spending $6 each on them again. Plus it's nice to have them on the go whenever and I don't have to have a spare cart for them. Also picked up Pushmo since IGN raved about it all the time. What a relaxing and yet tricky puzzle game! Definitely worth the $7 I threw down on it!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Downloaded Assassin's Creed II as part of the 'Free Games With Gold' deal Xbox has going on right now. Looking forward to this one!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

I upgraded my Xbox one copy of watchdogs to the limited edition... I'm a sucker for steel books. :lol: $129.99 wasn't very attractive but the content justifies the price.
Sades

Post by Sades »

We bought a tablet on sale this week. Hound is having way too much fun with Final Fantasy.

As a married man and a father, he should be having at least 15% less fun than he is right now, at all times!

But he named his Thief after me and I just gained a level, so I guess it's okay.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

Gonna be grabbing the Worms Collection for the 360. With Worms being probably my all-time favorite game I cannot wait. It apparently comes with 6 free DLC things, maing it all the better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Gonna preorder Payday the heist 2 today. I wasn't gonna get this as I have the first one and its not that fun by yourself, and none of my live friends are getting it. But they've made major improvements and I think it would feel better playing on a 360 controller rather than on my dualshock3. If you like left4dead or borderlands I seriously suggest checking this out. It's only $40 as well!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Will be downloading the free version of Spec Ops: The Line from PS+ later on this weekend.