[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Star Trek Online - On the PS4. Finally!

When this game hit, or at least hit FTP, I downloaded it onto my computer, did the "do this test mission, do that test mission, there, your character is created, go have fun'....... And proceeded to go exactly nowhere because I was stuck on the bloody Starbase.

But this..... This is a joy. And it incorporates one of my favorite games, Starfleet Command, as the ship to ship/space travel, or at least the design sensibilities.

If I have a complaint, it's that it wouldn't let me quit. I finished a mission, decided to log out, and before I could, I had another mission to do. I finally just acknowledged that I'd do the mission and logged out.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I bought a PS4. How about that?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

electro girl wrote:I bought a PS4. How about that?
Welcome to the PS4 family!

I've had mine for a year or so now, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable. Between that and my Wii U, I have all the gaming I could want at my fingertips. (With the exception of the NES Classic Edition I have coming in November).
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

GYARADOS KLAXON MOTHER****ERS
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:GYARADOS KLAXON MOTHER****ERS
outstanding work chap :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:GYARADOS KLAXON MOTHER****ERS
\o/ :lol: Good one! Was it a beast?

Did you catch a better one ten minutes later?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sades wrote:\o/ :lol: Good one! Was it a beast?

Did you catch a better one ten minutes later?
1661cp, so it's not amaze amaze beastly compared to what I've seen in gyms, but it's still the strongest thing I've got. And there are plenty of Magikarp around here for me to grind down into candy to power the ****er up.

I was fully expecting to immediately catch one afterwards, but alas not. In the time since however, I have caught a Weezing and a Diglett. Plus I hatched another Sandshrew, which I was able to evolve to a Sandslash. So we're getting somewhere again. :)

Oh and I caught a Cubone yesterday morning. Holy shit the bio on that dude is Goth as ****.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Blizzard are patching their old games to work on modern hardware and operating systems. I just installed Diablo II and it works just as well as on my old hardware 12 years ago. They haven't messed with the original game e.g. tweaking it to make it easier. Its all as it was in terms of visuals, sounds and gameplay.

They've also patched Warcraft III and the original Starcraft (although I'm waiting on the Mac patch for that one).
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

ganon578 wrote:Welcome to the PS4 family!

I've had mine for a year or so now, and it's been thoroughly enjoyable. Between that and my Wii U, I have all the gaming I could want at my fingertips. (With the exception of the NES Classic Edition I have coming in November).
I've been having a lot of fun so far. I bought No Man's Sky with it but the bulk of my time has been invested in Fallout 4. So much so that the games that came with it are still in the plastic. I mean, sure it was a good deal on decent games but I was never interested in them in the first place (Uncharted has zero appeal to me for some reason, most likely Nathan Drake).

Have you played the Battlefield 1 open beta?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote: Oh and I caught a Cubone yesterday morning. Holy shit the bio on that dude is Goth as ****.
In the original bio the skull belonged to its mother.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I guessed that might be the case.

Still, certainly wasn't expecting that when I checked the Pokedex to find out what the hell it was.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

electro girl wrote: Have you played the Battlefield 1 open beta?
It's basically Star Wars Battlefront with a WWI skin on it. Fun though.
Overwatch is free this weekend if you like your FPS
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Tomb Raider: Definite Edition on Xbox One.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:It's basically Star Wars Battlefront with a WWI skin on it. Fun though.
Overwatch is free this weekend if you like your FPS
By and large I don't but Overwatch does look fun. Also your description of BF1 is basically why I want it.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

electro girl wrote:I've been having a lot of fun so far. I bought No Man's Sky with it but the bulk of my time has been invested in Fallout 4. So much so that the games that came with it are still in the plastic. I mean, sure it was a good deal on decent games but I was never interested in them in the first place (Uncharted has zero appeal to me for some reason, most likely Nathan Drake).

Have you played the Battlefield 1 open beta?
My PS4 way back when came with Batman: Arkham Knight and Destiny, both of which are stellar. Arkham Knight was a blast. Destiny I have played here and there, but never enough to make a serious dent in it. Really fun though.

I picked up the Uncharted Collection a while back - fun games for sure, but nothing that's obsessively hooking me. Also got Transformers: Devastation with the same effect.

Haven't played Battlefield at all. If it's like Battlefront skinned with WWI like Skywarp says, I'll just stick to Battlefront. Which I haven't played in a while, but it's Star Wars, so that's fun.
Sades

Post by Sades »

We took a short road trip so I went looking for a few simple games to put on the tablet for the small one. While I was looking I found a game called Zen Koi. DLed that, tried it out, and now I'm kind of hooked. It's kind of cheesy, you play a fish that needs to eat, grow, expand its pond and eventually turns into a dragon (you know, just like real fish). There's a collecting aspect to it that's sort of fun, too, so yeah. Feesh. Damn ads, though.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Just hatched something called an Onix. Is that good?
Sades

Post by Sades »

Regular Pokemon yes indeed, "Go" it's fairly middle of the road.

Update! Buddy Pokemon, aw yeah. I've got a Growlithe because they're adorable and I need an Arcanine.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Sades wrote:Regular Pokemon yes indeed, "Go" it's fairly middle of the road.
I've been seeing people getting excited about OMG AN ONIX on social media ever since the game came out, so it's had a bit of mystique about it for me... and it popped out of a 10km egg... but I've caught Pidgey's with a higher CP than this dude. :/
Update! Buddy Pokemon, aw yeah. I've got a Growlithe because they're adorable and I need an Arcanine.
I took Bulbasaur for a walk on the first day, but needed 3km to get a candy (need another 5 candies to evolve), so I've switched to Jigglypuff because that's 1km/candy and I only need 4. TACTICS.

Evolved Bellsprout into a Weepinbell yesterday and it just looks like some weird flying spike-ended condom.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Weepinbell. Worst. Condom. Ever.

(do not name worse condoms ahhhh)

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:I've been seeing people getting excited about OMG AN ONIX on social media ever since the game came out, so it's had a bit of mystique about it for me... and it popped out of a 10km egg... but I've caught Pidgey's with a higher CP than this dude. :/

Yeah, I dunno. Normally I would be thrilled with an Onix but in this game they're just not as awesome as they are otherwise. Mine hatching was a little anticlimactic.

****ing ninja Bellsprouts! Just get in my balls already, must Victreebel stat!

We've had some reeeeeaaaaally good spawns outside our apartment lately. Hoping for Snorlax.