[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Ooh, I’m playing Steamworld Dig right now on the 2DS. Got it in the current online sale. Yes, good fun!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I bought Rocket League on Switch for a gaming night and it was so much fun.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Getting back into Dragon's Dogma after taking a break from it for a few weeks, have beaten the first of the main bosses and now working on the post-game stuff to get to the real final bosses.
Destruction is my specialty
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished my first play-through of Dragon's Dogma and about to do a NG+ playthrough to finish up some trophies.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

A couple weeks or so ago, I finished the Champion's Ballad DLC for Breath of the Wild. All in all it was really fun, and the remixed Blight battles were challenging. The final test was OK, though it was still fun. All in all, I've gotten most of BotW done, except for the last two stages of the Master Sword Trials and a boatload of Korok seeds are still out there. For now, I'm putting it down.

As it is, I'm back onto Skyrim, seeing as I got distracted and haven't done much of the Main Questline even though I'm at level 26 and done a bunch of other things instead. It's nice to pick this up and not feel like I'm totally lost. :)

Over the last two weeks I've also gotten my hands on some retro games: NBA Jam: TE (Genesis), College Slam (Genesis), NHL '94 (Genesis), and FIFA International Soccer (SNES). All of them are fun in their own right, and I managed to sneak in a game or two of each the other Friday night. College Slam is probably my least favorite of the bunch. Trying to fill out some simple sports titles on my retro stuff, I think I'll be after NBA Hangtime (Genesis) and WWF Royal Rumble (SNES) next when I have some free cash. :up:
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

WWE 2k18.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Having decided on a bit of a lazy whim to get my Vita a while ago(only to have Sony kneecap me by not letting the PlayStation Vue app function with it. Bastards.), I’ve been enjoying it with the sure and certain knowledge that if I find any of the limited collectors edition releases for it, unless I get really lucky like I did with Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero at a GameStop an hour and a half away, I’m going to be paying aftermarket prices.

GameStop and blind stupid luck have proved me wrong.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus - Let’s Get Physical Edition and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - Endless Summer Edition were sitting on the rack, both used, both with all the extras included. I’m guessing they hadn’t been there long. Whoever owned them paid whatever the extra charge for these editions was, took them home, I’m going to guess played them, then traded them in for credit. They didn’t even open the soundtracks, and I’m not sure they even opened the art books.

Although this has left me with the unfortunate knowledge that there’s a Switch in my future somewhere, even if the next Senran Kagura game is a dating sim with Asuka. C’mon, Tamsoft! The main storyline games are supposed to be for the 3DS, not a dating sim that makes use of the force feedback functions of the Switch remotes! That being said, I’m surprised Nintendo greenlit that one. Or, given the usual Senran Kagura content, maybe I shouldn’t be.....
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Lego Jurassic World - I decided to pull the trigger on this because it was about 75% of it's original price and because I'm in Jurassic World season.

Lego City Undercover.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Just popped in to say I picked up a PS:VR as a birthday present to myself last week. It is an absolutely incredible experience :up:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Haven't been much into gaming lately (not much time) but I picked up Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap on Switch since it was 50% off.

I've never played a Wonder Boy game before, even though they've been around since the mid-80s. This one's a remake of WB3 from the Master System, with updated graphics. I love the new art style, and the animations are incredibly fluid! In a nice twist, you can switch everything at any time back to the original visuals and music. Honestly the game is really fun, and fairly challenging. I'm surprised a non-Mario game holds up so well 30 years later. Definitely worth $10.

:up:
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Another sale on the Nintendo eShop, so I picked up NBA 2K18 for <$20 on the Switch. It's a solid entry in the franchise, has a ton to do (if you like that sort of thing) and a bazillion classic and all-time NBA teams. I've played quite a few rounds of 'Play Now' with various teams and I like it. For a Switch game, it obviously doesn't have the graphical horsepower of a PS4/XBox, but undocked it runs smoothly. Haven't played it on a big screen yet to see how it holds up, but it seems to play fine as is. :up:
Hound

Post by Hound »

I grabbed Fortnite Battle Royale for the Switch because it looks fun and is free.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Far Cry 5 during EB Games' sale.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I also got FFXIV so I could spend time with the wife.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:I also got FFXIV so I could spend time with the wife.
Not that that's working out, because all I can do until he hits level 15 and can do his first dungeon is follow him around. And whine a bit.

get gud already
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Hound

Post by Hound »

I also got the Mega Man collections for the Switch! I played through Mega Man 2 immediately and it was so much fun!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Collectorz Edition - Bought on sale from EB Games.

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Also bought on sale but from different shop.

Finished all the side-quests necessary for Dragon's Dogma and now working on the story quests.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Another Switch eShop purchase: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2+

Half off, so that's nice. It's fun and rather intense for Pac-Man, plus the wife likes to play it too, which is a rarity. :)

With the recent restocks of the NES Classic Mini around here, some stores have also been carrying restocked controllers (the real deal, not 3rd party stuff) so I managed to snag one from Target. Now my little Mini set is complete!
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

Just finished up the X-Com 2 expansion play through. Probably beating BotW in the next week or so. Going to do a replay of Witcher 3 as I never did finish the expansions and the girlfriend just recently started streaming it so that itch is itchy.
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition.

I'm planning to buy Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Life is Strange: Season 2, and maybe Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.