[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Platinum-ed Sleeping Dogs and working through the DLC missions.
Destruction is my specialty
Hound

Post by Hound »

Brendocon 2.0 wrote:Best accomplishment yesterday was taking down a gym in about five minutes. Though I left it unclaimed because apparently I've seen too many westerns and was happy to just walk away with the job done. Though it was reclaimed by the same team about an hour later, so I may have to go back and do the job again tomorrow just to **** with them.
You should claim the gym. that way you can get the gym bonus which is 10 coins which you can use towards buying things in the shop.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah man, you could just throw in one of your Magikarp, make it an easy take for the next person.

Today, I was able to go to... The Mall. Free WiFi, many many pokestops, and a bunch of gyms. The Pokémon sitch was a bit shitty, though. Mainly Spearow and Rattata. Still, got a ton of balls and hatched a Staryu and Abra, plus caught a Haunter and a Squirtle while sitting around in my new apartment.

No Snorlax yet. :( SOON.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... characters

Well, time to rename the small one.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

See this is where the complete lack of in-game instructions is an absolute arsehole. I'd actually claimed two gyms in the interim since my last post and got absolutely nothing for it, so after seeing Hound's post yesterday I went off did some research online.

I'd assumed the "gym bonus" I'd seen you speak of was XP. I've been avoiding the shop since I saw that coins were on sale - didn't realise you could earn them in game. And also hadn't realised that you had to actually go into the shop to ****ing ask for the coins rather than it just giving you them. This is silly.

But I took a gym last night and left a Hypno in order to test the theory. I now have 10 of the PokéCoins! And it also explains why despite earning lots of medals, that number of medals thing always said zero. Coin counter dagnabit.

ANYWAY. It's amazing how much easier this is now that they seem to have sorted the ****ing server issues out and I can get on in daylight hours. Catching Poliwags and Poliwhirls all over the plizzace.

Have managed to evolve a Butterfree, Venomoth and Vaporeon (****ing hell those Eeveelutions have many CP). Caught a Slowpoke and some Staryu, and also a weird dragon worm thing called a Dratini.

Have hatched a Voltorb, Kabuto, Growlithe and Sandshrew. Currently have 53 buggers in the Pokedex. Might have to schedule an excuse to visit a different city or something in the next week or two... not that I mind catching much water/psychic stuff, but I need a bit more variety here...
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm a little upset that not really having internet access for a few days means that I missed this particular shitshow.

I added Pokémon to gyms twice before I realised you could only claim the bonus once every 21 hours. It's not worth it to try to run between gyms, insert multiple Pokémon and then try to claim their collective bonuses either, because the gyms go so fast. Kind of a pain in the butt as it makes coin collection slow, but IMO it's just nice to be able to collect them at all.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I go on vacation for two weeks, and this forum is flooded with Pokemon Go. FLOODED!!!

Anyways, I did play some while on vacay in a bigger city. Caught a few, don't remember which ones, then I promptly stopped for the rest of my trip. Too busy with swimming, boating, fishing, eating, drinking, and visiting to bother! And I don't know if I will really go back. It was fun, but I think my interest is gone.

Otherwise, I think I may either A) finish up Twilight Princess HD on the Wii U without starting anything new, or B) Start up Uncharted 2 on the PS4.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I swear if I knew what moron at BioWare is shutting down the official BioWare forums was a good idea I would kick them in the groan. The last few days I have somehow become involved in a years long feud between people that I barely know trying to set up new unofficial BioWare message boards and all I wanted was too talk about ME:A.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Got around to buying right as EB Games' mid-year sale was ending.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Ah, downloads.....

Batman - A Telltale Series: Telltale did a really good job with this one. I just wish the episodes weren't so short. Come on, Episode 2!

Parasite Eve: Downloaded this to play on the PSP. I played it a little back in the day, and I remember liking it.

And, once my PS3 finishes downloading it....

Wing Commander IV: My uncle got me hooked on this one.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Completed my Infinity Star Wars collection yesterday. Picked up Poe Dameron for $4.96 as my local Wal-Mart is clearancing out the Infinity lines due it's cancellation.

It's sad to see the game go, but I get the feeling most Toys-To-Life things have run their course. I consistently see Skylanders or Infinity stuff on sale or clearance, and even amiibo figures are relatively easy to find these days. I haven't bought any amiibo in ages (save for the bundled one that came with Twilight Princess HD) and I never had to pay full price for an Infinity figure. I managed to get all 19 Star Wars figures and 6 of the Marvel 2.0 figures under retail cost.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Pokemon Go update! Very annoying if you're in a car! "You're going too fast! Don't play Pokemon Go while driving " every 5 minutes. And I don't know what's up with the tracking system.

Transformers FoC is on PSN. 50 bucks. No thanks. Already got it on PS3.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Well yeah, it's supposed to be annoying in a car. Get out and walk! :p

Don't mind the update personally, if it stops people from playing while driving I'm all for it.

Hatched a Tentacool yesterday and caught a second Bulbasaur. Yay!

Still no Snorlax. Sadface.

There's a Jigglypuff outside somewhere but I am unwilling to put on pants to go and catch it. Just now caught an Eevee in my living room, woo.

Weedles. Weedles everywhere. At least it's no longer Rattatas, I can farm Weedles...
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I don't understand how people can play in a moving car anyway, even as a passenger. Surely by the time something's registered as in range it's disappeared again.

In unrelated news, holy **** the GPS locator thing's turned into a sack of shit over the past couple of updates. Takes ages to refresh my location (whereas before it pretty much tracked me in real time), and frequently just darts me fifty yards out in a random direction for no reason. Really frustrating.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, mine's doing the same thing. But if I sit at Hound's computer (only really works in this corner for whatever reason) and turn GPS on/off, my avatar sometimes darts out into the nearby park which means I can get the pokestop there without having to leave. So I'm kind of okay with it.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I'll get out and walk when it's not 103 degrees out! I moved to Texas a few months ago. I'm getting good at drive-by pokestop photo disc spinning. There seems to be alot of pokemon to catch in parking lots. I'm shit out of luck with gyms, though.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Completely finished Sleeping Dogs, enjoyed every minute of it, now I'm going back to Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection.

Also, downloaded Yakuza 5 as it's free on PS Plus this month.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It was 32 C (about 82ish F I think) downtown this afternoon, no wind. That's pretty much my upper limit when it comes to Pokemon hunting. Walked around, took the small one swimming, played in the grass, hatched a 2 km egg (Caterpie), missed an Aerodactyl (we were nomming and it had despawned by the time I'd gotten everything together/wrangled toddler and gotten out of the Subway), then came home. My kid is almost as brown as I am now.

The small one caught me a Pokemon a couple of days ago! I'm thinking of setting up an account for her on the tablet so she doesn't use up all my pokeballs. :lol: She likes spinning the pokestops for me and she really wants to catch a Pikachu.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

There was a Pikachu showing up as nearby when I left my house this morning, but I didn't have time to go hunt for it, then the data signal glitched anyway and it was gone by the time it refreshed. At least I think it was a Pikachu - the silhouette is the same as the thing you tap to see what you've caught.

Productive couple of days, even though I've not had much opportunity to do any hunting. I'm one Squirtle away from being able to do an evolution, with the same on Goldeen. Closing in on evolving from a Poliwag, plus I'm nearly there on my third Eeveelution.

Got out for a walk last night that yielded enough Psyduck to evolve a Golduck, plus I finally caught a male Nidoran. That fat rabbit-looking bastard took five great balls and three razz berries. Plus I nearly missed it in the first place as about four Ratatta spawned at the same time. Too many purple rodents.

AND my 10km egg hatched into a Hitmonchan. Which apparently doesn't evolve? Came with 32 candies as well, so presumably I should just power the ****er up?

Also hatched a second Doduo last week. Magikarp candy score currently stands at 120. I WILL BE VICTORIOUS.
burnitall wrote:I'll get out and walk when it's not 103 degrees out! I moved to Texas a few months ago. I'm getting good at drive-by pokestop photo disc spinning. There seems to be alot of pokemon to catch in parking lots. I'm shit out of luck with gyms, though.
Oh, so you actually are playing while driving? That's bad, dude. Unless you're a passenger, in which case you can select "I'm a passenger" when it says you're going too fast.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

Yes, I'm a passenger. Lol

The heat has broken, so now I can take a walk. There's some nice parks close, and one has a gym.
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I HAVE PROGRESS!

Finally evolved a Wartortle, Kingler, Seaking and Jolteon last night. Hatched another Growlithe and caught my very first Ekans (some of these names are shit, aren't they?).

And tonight I managed to sneak an hour's walk round Cambridge, which yielded another Tentacool, plus a Rhyhorn and a Vulpix. Quite a few other silhouettes were registering too, but I didn't have time to try to rustle them up. Might try to spend Saturday dossing around the city.

Pokedex: 63 (seen 64)
Magikarp Candy: 148