[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

I picked up Rayman: Origins for PS3. Fun little platformer, and it really is as pretty as the reviews say.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

picked up Arkham city and ruse, Great Great games, but I'm pissed the oh wait ""Spoiler Alert" the Joker dies
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Been on a horror game streak lately.
Got condemned 2 and Fear files both for 360. Condemed isnt that bad ive only jumped a few times, But fear made me scream so loud at one point my friends in my live party couldnt hear cause their ears were ringing. But as soon as they could they burst out in laughter.
Anyone know any good horror shooters for 360 or PS3? Got both dead space games and im getting doom 3 bfg edition when it comes out, but i wanta know what else is out there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

HeavyArms wrote:Grabbed Sleeping Dogs on PS3. Man I need to knock through my pile of games.
You and me both! I've still got Halo 2 (provided the used hard drive I ordered actually shows up as a Microsoft-made product is true to it's listing), Dragon Age: Origins, Fable II, Lego Batman 2, and Skyrim all staring me down. And I just got a Gold subscription on the 360, so my time has been consumed by playing Reach online! So if anyone wants to play, check my GamerTag at the bottom of this post. I'll be on a gaming hiatus soon though, when my son is born in a week.
The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Been on a horror game streak lately.
Got condemned 2 and Fear files both for 360. Condemed isnt that bad ive only jumped a few times, But fear made me scream so loud at one point my friends in my live party couldnt hear cause their ears were ringing. But as soon as they could they burst out in laughter.
Anyone know any good horror shooters for 360 or PS3? Got both dead space games and im getting doom 3 bfg edition when it comes out, but i wanta know what else is out there.
The first one that comes to mind is Resident Evil 5, but that may be more action-y than what you're looking for; the same goes for RE6 coming out in November (or October, I don't know which). The Gears of War series is also kind-of horroresque, but not really scary.

I also hear Alan Wake is pretty scary, though I've never played it. The same goes for any of the Silent Hill games.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Ive had all of those for years, execpt silent hill been thinkin about those for a long time now. Alan wake is by far my favorite game of all time! You should really give it a try great gameplay and amazing story! 10/10 Its pretty cheap now but if u can buy it new cause it didnt sell well and they dont get any money of used game sales and believe me no game needs a sequel more than this one, well except maybe psyconauts.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

The PS3 KILLeR wrote:Ive had all of those for years, execpt silent hill been thinkin about those for a long time now. Alan wake is by far my favorite game of all time! You should really give it a try great gameplay and amazing story! 10/10 Its pretty cheap now but if u can buy it new cause it didnt sell well and they dont get any money of used game sales and believe me no game needs a sequel more than this one, well except maybe psyconauts.
I'll have to give that one a shot when I plow through the rest of my backlog of games!

BTW, I sent you a request on the 360, so if you see one from 'rondo52', it's not just anyone, it's me!
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

When it popped up i was like whos this dude!?! Looked at ur profile and saw where you were from and i knew i saw it somwhere before then it hit me, tfarchive!! :lol:
If you can find the limited edition its well worth the extra $, it won OXM Best special edition of 2010 and that was over halo reach legendary edition!!!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

That's pretty good, and I love Reach!

On an acquisitions note, the 360 hard drive I ordered finally came in. A couple of things: 1) be sure of who you're buying from. In hindsight, I ordered from someone who had only 89% positive ratings in the past 12 months. Should have looked harder and paid a few extra bucks. 2) When I order a used hard drive marked 'by Microsoft' on Amazon, I actually expect it to be by Microsoft. However, I get a knock-off that must have been hacked because it shows up like a MS hard drive in my system and has all the emulation software to run original Xbox titles. There's no identifying marks on it as being from Microsoft, so I have to assume it's a KO. But, it does work, so far so good. 3) Shipping from this seller was SLOOOOOOWWWW. I noticed this in the feedback post-purchase, so there wasn't anything I could do. It actually left the warehouse August 20th and arrived yesterday, September 5th. 17 days of shipping. I didn't realize the USPS could ship by the actual Pony Express anymore.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron!!
X-Men: Destiny.
Destruction is my specialty
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I got Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC last week for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cyberstrike nTo wrote:I got Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC last week for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Is it any good? I played through the game a few months back, and wouldn't be entirely opposed to new content when I eventually do a second playthrough.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Warcry wrote:Is it any good? I played through the game a few months back, and wouldn't be entirely opposed to new content when I eventually do a second playthrough.
Yes, I think it's worth it as well as Firefight weapons pack which adds several of the MP weapons to the SP mode.

You get:
To visit a new lab area on Citadel that has a lot of cool stuff in it.
New weapons mods (mostly it's MP stuff that can now be played and used in the single player).
The Raider shotgun and Argus assault rifle (these were pre-order bonuses now avaible to everyone in the SP mode).
New worlds and some new systems to explore.
New war assets.
To learn the origin of the Catalyst and the Reapers.
Four new achievements/trophies.

If Shepard continued her romance with Liara in Lair of the Shadow Broker there was a bug that caused that to never be mentioned that has been fixed.

It can be played anytime during the game after EDI gets her new body and before the final attack on Cerebus HQ.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

To add to my backlog of games (and before the arrival of my second kid) I picked up Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to play on my 360.

I also burned the 800 Microsoft Pts I had in my account and picked up Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 and both DLC packs for Transformers: War for Cybertron. Both are 1/2 off right now!!!
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

picked up the new tables for Marvel Pinball and promptly learned to suck at those.

Got borderlands on the PS+ subscription. First time round I hated it, this time it's totally clicked & I'm really enjoying it.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:picked up the new tables for Marvel Pinball and promptly learned to suck at those.

Got borderlands on the PS+ subscription. First time round I hated it, this time it's totally clicked & I'm really enjoying it.
I like Borderlands.

Did you download Zen Pinball 2 yet?
StoneCold Skywarp

angloconvoy wrote:I like Borderlands.

Did you download Zen Pinball 2 yet?
No, I think Marvel Pinball destroys enough of my time (like I've been destroying a couple of your scores and I shall also take back Ghost Rider soon too!!)
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Sadly, though the tables carry across to ZP2, your scores don't, as the physics are tweaked (noticeably on older tables). I'll have to check in on Marvel Pinball now and again though, make sure you aren't getting too far ahead of me.

Edit: By the way, you might get Ghost Rider back, but it looks like Moon Knight is safely mine again.
StoneCold Skywarp

angloconvoy wrote:Edit: By the way, you might get Ghost Rider back, but it looks like Moon Knight is safely mine again.
Ugh, I hate the Moon Knight table too :mad:

Mind I'm off all day tomorrow with the wife out for the day! I know what I'm doing!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Downloaded the Mass Effect 3: Leviathan DLC on Monday, also bought Tekken Tag Tournament 2 We Are Tekken(!!) edition on Thursday.
Destruction is my specialty
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

StoneCold Skywarp wrote:Ugh, I hate the Moon Knight table too :mad:
Moon Knight has always been one of my favourite characters, and I really like the table too, it makes the most sense to me. I've still never fully gotten the rhythm of the Blade table.

I'm on my way to Akihabara now. If the Arkham Asylum GOTY edition is out yet I might buy it. Kind I depends on the price, sometimes imports are ridiculously overpriced, sometimes. Cheaper than the domestic editions.

Edit: obviously I meant city, not asylum. Clearly still quite hungover.