[The video game thread]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Springer007 wrote:I hate Guitar Hero, they never choose songs that are truthfully better compared to other songs of the bands mentioned. Case in point, Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast is not as good as say, Infinite Dreams or Afraid to Shoot Strangers. I am just too nitpicky on what I would choose compared to what seems "popular" for kids now because they rediscovered music....
Songs that may be better or even more popular don't necessarily equate to being fun to play in a music game. I can think of some songs that I really love that aren't very challenging or fun in Rock Band/Guitar Hero, and I there have been some songs I've never heard of that are really fun to play.
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

secretcode wrote:Hey EG, you hear about the Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes?
Out Friday in Japan I heard. I am looking forward to them...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Got Transformers: RotF "Decepticon Version" for my DS Friday. Had it beat by Saturday afternoon.

Are those Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes DS or GBA?
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Catalyst Dragon wrote: Are those Pokemon Gold & Silver remakes DS or GBA?
For the DS. I found out at http://www.psypokes.com
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Rattrap's tail wrote:Out Friday in Japan I heard. I am looking forward to them...
Out in September in Japan.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

I bought DS Ghostbusters. Been looking at Red Faction Guerilla and Aion online.

Not sure, been kind of bored lately.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

I got GH: Metallica and UFC 2009 Undisputed. Hm. for GH, my Rock Band 2 drums work with it, but I can't access the tutorials without their kit. I can't use star power either. Piss. I don't have the money or room for another drum kit. I have 2 Rock Band sets. :|
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Bought Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3), Resident Evil (WII) and Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen (X360) during the week.
Destruction is my specialty
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Barring any horrific financial disasters(the way things have been going, who knows what the week will bring), I'll probably get the RotF DS Decepticons game on Friday.

I'm gonna hope it's set up differently than the Autobots game. "Hey, we're in the middle of a war, we could come under Decepticon attack at any moment and our human allies could get blown to bloody pulp. Let's have a friendly race!" I can kind of forgive the first one(Bumblebee vs Sideswipe) because it's early in the game, and you can come up with the excuse of the Decepticons don't seem to be organized. But the Prime/Ironhide race....... sheesh. My other annoyance with this game is you have to complete the challenge missions(of which these stupid races seem to be an integral part) to advance through the game.

Fortunately, I can't see the Decepticons in "friendly" races.

I've also finally figured out how to play, thanks to DOSBox, Dalek Attack. The game that shows us how to blow up Daleks, Ogrons, and Robomen with.... a sonic screwdriver? -sigh-
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Bought my first game in about a five years today. Kindgom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. I've been replaying the first two, and just discovered the middle game (1.5?) had been ported, I guess, to the PS2. There was much rejoicing. :)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I have Conan and Loco Roco 2 out from Gamefly right now. Still haven't even tried Loco Roco 2, but I'm enjoying Conan. Yeah, the cinematics are laughably bad, and I'm unsure what the plot is exactly, but the gameplay is fun enough. I don't know if I'll replay it after beating it, but it's ok.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Do people really buy video games that frequently? I haven't gotten a new game since Christmas, and I still have several (Halo/Halo 2, Fable, Psychonauts) that I haven't played through.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Do people really buy video games that frequently? I haven't gotten a new game since Christmas, and I still have several (Halo/Halo 2, Fable, Psychonauts) that I haven't played through.
That's what I'm like. I have several games that I bought ages ago and haven't had time to play. Halo 3, The Orange Box and NHL 2K7 for example. I'm stuck on Gears of War 2 and my gf and I have nearly finished Lego Batman. I don't have much time to play them, though I did recently finish Dead Rising.

As for upcoming games, I haven't yet got round to getting GTA4 or RE5 yet and I'd like to play both through. Also I'm looking forward to Ghostbusters whenever that's released. Dead Rising 2 has been preordered too.
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

Heinrad wrote:Barring any horrific financial disasters(the way things have been going, who knows what the week will bring), I'll probably get the RotF DS Decepticons game on Friday.

I'm gonna hope it's set up differently than the Autobots game. "Hey, we're in the middle of a war, we could come under Decepticon attack at any moment and our human allies could get blown to bloody pulp. Let's have a friendly race!" I can kind of forgive the first one(Bumblebee vs Sideswipe) because it's early in the game, and you can come up with the excuse of the Decepticons don't seem to be organized. But the Prime/Ironhide race....... sheesh. My other annoyance with this game is you have to complete the challenge missions(of which these stupid races seem to be an integral part) to advance through the game.

Fortunately, I can't see the Decepticons in "friendly" races.

There is only one race in the Decepticon version, Between Barricade and Sideways. But there are several more timed run scenarios where your racing along trying to collect energon cubes.

Some of the challenges get rediculous later on... the one I'm on now seams to me as they didn't even playtest it to find out if what they want me to do is even possible...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

i've just finished Oblivion and after 150 hours or so of gameplay i feel there is now a gaping hole in my life...need to get back to playing some quick paced action games for now. i may have to restart the Force Unleashed until i can afford to get Gears of War 2 or Lego Star wars: saga edition and a spare battery pack so's me n the missus can play. Also wouldn't mind giving Prototype a go.

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

[quote="Prowl1984"] and a spare battery pack so's me n the missus can play. QUOTE]

Your missus is battery operated.
Must be great when she starts nagging-just pull out the battery-Genius.
This week I got Freedom Force Vs 3rd Reich as Im really enjoying Freedom Force at the moment and want the sequel ready and waiting when I finish it.
Also got Sega Rally Revo and MOH:Airborne.
Im not exactly bleeding edge I know but Ive been picking up games I missed out on first time round for pennies on Ebay.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Well, picked up the RotF Decepticons game.

A good way to describe it so far is "amazingly underwhelming". I had figured they'd gotten Frank Welker for Megs and, logically, Soundwave. If that's him doing Soundwave, somebody royally screwed up on the voice flanging. The opening part of it identical to the Autobot version.

Of course, I was also hoping for air-based missions........ On the up side, the first mission map looks different. Gonna have to restart, though. If there's timed missions, the heavy, hulking body-type's gonna suck out. Maybe I'll give the little body a try. I'm using the medium one in the Autobots game, and with stat tweaking and lots of dodging, I've been able to do fine. Up until the mission I'm stuck on, anyway. Stupid Decepticon electro-fireball cannon things.......
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Gamestop has the Guitar Hero: World Tour complete band kit on sale for $90 now. I'm considering buying it for the better drums, a second wireless guitar, and the game, which I only rented before. I don't know what I'd do with my set of drums from Rock Band, though.

Also, Battlefield: 1943 came out this week, and I'm seriously considering buying the 360 version. I've got a lot of games on backlog, and I'm expecting the ROTF games to arrive any day now, so I may not buy anything anytime soon.
The PS3 KILLeR

Post by The PS3 KILLeR »

Ok forget about just getting a new game this week, I just got a new system.
Now this is gonna sound stupid because of my name, but I got a PS3 2 days ago. I still don't like the system that much, but the games are what made me shell out $400 to get one.
I got..
1: Metal gear solid 4. It's a must buy, great long game, for only $30! 5/5
2: Resistance: Fall of man. Great FPS nice action. But the one thing I hate the most about it is that the 1st level is so hard, even on easy. There is no health recharge system to be had at all untill the 2nd level. But the rest makes up for it. 4.9/5
3: Little BIG Planet: I love it!! It's so fun, great gameplay. and the fact that it came free, along with Wall*E on Blu-ray, in my PS3 bundle makes me love it more. 5/5
4: HAZE. Now i'm a big fan of FPS's and army of two, but I guess when you put the two together it sucks. It looks like a game stuck between a high end xbox game and lowend 360 game, and I was playing in 720p! Which is the only supported HD output. now I bet your thinking where did he get army of two from? well your "buds" or "bros" in the first part of the game have that same kind of "Yo bro, wht up" style to them but it's taken too far over the edge, and it makes it cheezy and dumb. Haven't finished it yet but as of right now i'd whould not suggest this to a friend. 1.5/5
As of right now i'm very happy with what I have got and I whould suggest everybody that doesn't have MGS4 to drop $430 on it ASAP. It's worth it, and you get a free Blu-ray player too.:lol:

Also can anyone suggest a good PS3 game to me? As I am new to the system I have no clue what to buy, EX:HAZE. I will only be buying PS3 only games on the PS3, if it's on both PS3 and 360 i'll get the 360 one. I know Uncharted is great it's the reason I got a PS3 so I'll get it soon but I'm just wondering about the others, like Killzone2, inFAMOUS, Resistance2, Ratchet and clank Future, and etc.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkft38 ... qQ19nnewxw check us out!!!
XBOX LIVE gamertag: DaBeardedXeno
PSN ID: tweco99
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Uncharted is the best game on the PS3, so that definitely needs to be your next purchase. I thought Best Buy was bundling PS3s with MGS4 and Killzone 2 starting this week? Anyway, Killzone 2 sucks if you're used to FPS games one the 360 (you know, with good controls?). inFamous is the most fun I've had in an open-world game since GTA: San Andreas, so I'd highly recommend that.

As far as PSN games, Burnout Paradise is nice to have on your hdd, Mega Man 9 is the best on PS3, Flower is really cool, and Bionic Commando: Rearmed is super-polished.

Also, I can change your screen name if you can't stand it now.