I NEED A GENERIC ACTION FIGURE!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

I NEED A GENERIC ACTION FIGURE!

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, not a Transformer, behave. I'm after something about 10" tall, as generic as possible, but fairly dynamic - a bit like those wooden ergonomics dollies, but a bit more robotic, and preferably with limbs that can pop off. And cheap - any ideas?
Zeeks

Post by Zeeks »

Given the small pond between us, I'm not sure how retail differs on your side, but there has been an influx of Sigma 6 Joes around Massachusetts for a while now; generally on discount as well. There are also the cheap knock offs of Joes which I believe are called "The Corps" or something to that effect. Anywho, the taller Sigma 6 guys might be what you are looking for. I picked up a CC last year; and the last I checked, TRU still had them discounted in abundance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"...Working on a specimen the size of Angel is actually easier in many ways."
Mac scoffs. "Easier almost ate me a few days ago."-
Steve Alten, Meg: Hell's Aquarium
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cool... not sure Joe itself gets much shelf-space over here, but we do get The Corps and similar in a few places... If there's a Viper Trooper style one I can spraypaint black without losing the joints... Cheers.
Civ

Post by Civ »

How about a 10" tall Iron Man figure?

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Action%20Fi ... Iron%20Man
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Shame they didn't do a War Machine... I'm after something fairly dull - I could do with something for my SoCs and the like to beat up on in pictures that won't attract much attention, or clash with the figure itself...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Ken of Barbie and Ken fame? Or similar? Would probably have the desired visual effect.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

How tall are Marvel Legends? You can pick the rubbishier characters from that line up for about a fiver, iirc. Though might be trickier to source since Woolies went kersplat.

Though my brain tells me I might want to look and see what exactly the reborn online store who bought the name sells.

I remember seeing an HM Armed Forces range of what looked to be fairly poseable figures in Tesco the last time I was in... can't remember the price or exact size, though. Dalek probably knows.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

You can opt for Hot Toys true type bodies [1/6th scale, about 12 inches tall], they're as generic as you can get and extremely poseable.

Trouble is, except for the wrists\head\feet, I doubt you'll be able to re-attach any other limbs...