So what's been happening the last 4 years? There still seems to be some familar names about.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Grimlock

So what's been happening the last 4 years? There still seems to be some familar names about.

Post by Grimlock »

I just sorta disappeared one day without any explanation, and for reasons unknown got the urge to check this here messageboard tonight.

Who out there actually remembers me and who out there that I might remember is running around under a different username?

Long story short:

Went to uni, studied Digital TV production

Worked for 2 years at an aquarium while I save to go overseas.

May 2008-Nov 2008 Travelled all around Europe and the US (part of which was following Springsteen and other bands around)

Nov 2008-June 2009 Had to go back home to Australia to sort some stuff out.

June 2009-Present Moved back to London in time for the Ashes (from which I've just returned, horrid day for us, but I don't care, I got to go to Lords), and after I finish editing some music videos that I need to send back home asap, I will find a job and stay here for the foreseeable future. Planned on going home after the world cup in South Africa, but all the Australia tickets have already sold out, so all plans are wide open.

So, the last 4 years.....fill me in.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Civ

Post by Civ »

Well, in short for me --
  • I was a yutz
  • left TFA for 1.5 years
  • joined TFW to see what the rest of the fandom is like and to start anew
  • went to Botcon 2007
  • realized it was pretty sane over here
  • came back and stopped being a yutz
  • got into Gobots thanks to Cliffy
  • and now here I am.
Personal life:
  • Got out of grad school in August 2005.
  • Got a job in medical devices as a temp-to-perm, which they never offerred perm despite them liking my performance.
  • Left that job to learn how to be a better design engineer on a contract job where the only way I'd get hired on full-time was if the guy I was temporarily replacing died.
  • The guy came back, thankfully, finally got a full-time job.
  • Last month, the economy struck and I got laid off, so now, I'm looking for a job.
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

GRIMLOCK:up:

How ya doing buddy?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

They haven't found the bodies yet so I'm still at liberty. Good to see you back.
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

The return of The Lock....I like it. To keep it short: got a degree, got engaged, work at a hospital, got disengaged, going for my master's now and recently showed up here again
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Man, they're all coming back out of the woodwork.

The last four years? Finished my teaching degree, taught 7th grade in Jersey, got engaged, moved to Virginia (just outside DC), taught 6th grade English for the last 3 years, got married, coached two soccer teams, worked on a (seemingly never to be finished) book and screenplay, completed my Master's degree, traveled to Puerto Rico, Italy, France, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Mexico, and a bunch of places in the U.S....you know the drill.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Ummm, I've just been sitting here at my desk for the last 4 years... :eyebrow:
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Me too pretty much. Shame drama, different girl. You know how I roll. :\
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Vin Ghostal wrote:Man, they're all coming back out of the woodwork.
Hahaha, yeah it's been awhile hey? How are those gators in the swamps of Jersey? It's a bit weird you know coming back here after all this time, some of us are all grown up now. hahahah

How old are the teams you coach? If old enough to understand it, what formation do you use?

Good to see everyone's doing ok for themselves.

Has there been any gigantic take over the last few years I should know about? I'm talking on the scale of Carly and the Devastator picture.

Does Brend still post here? And under what name? haha
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Grimlock wrote:Does Brend still post here? And under what name? haha
I banned that ****er years ago...
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Grimlock wrote:Has there been any gigantic take over the last few years I should know about? I'm talking on the scale of Carly and the Devastator picture.
Great. I'd actually forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me. :sick:
Vin Ghostal

Post by Vin Ghostal »

Grimlock wrote:How are those gators in the swamps of Jersey?
Not too many gators as I recall, but then again, D.C. is more of a swamp than South Jersey ever was, so my chances of encountering a gator have probably gone up. Plus, I'll be in Miami in November for a Dolphins game, so there's a very real chance I'll have to bring a machete or something along for the trip like any good Puerto Rican.
Grimlock wrote:It's a bit weird you know coming back here after all
this time, some of us are all grown up now.
It's amazing how time flies, and that no matter how much we all grow up, a few remain as childish as ever. ;)
Grimlock wrote:How old are the teams you coach? If old enough to understand it, what formation do you use?
I started with my two teams (A & B) when they were 9 and we just finished our third year together, so they're all 11-12 now. We play a 2-3-2 (8 on the field); it's a risky attacking style, but defense is our strong suit and we're usually able to get away with it. :)
Grimlock wrote:Does Brend still post here? And under what name? haha
Much to my chagrin...
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Whoa, Grimlock! just need your wrassling buddy Predaking back now!

I'm mostly slumming around like a filthy slut doing rank job after rank job, a bit like The Punisher but without the killings. Now working at a hospital as an analyst drone (which I despise), but doing some radio work on the side where I'm part of a four person team doing a food programme and I get to studio engineer so I'm a bit like Data or Sulu with a vast bank of buttons and sliders to press. Hog heaven, like.:)

I've still got a video of you handing around somewhere on my laptop HDD doing harmonica on 'The River'. Very cool.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Hound wrote:I banned that ****er years ago...
The fact you did a half-arsed job of it being a surprise to nobody... :itisilerclerc:

Hi Grimmers. I posted you a Seacon for free once. :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

What did they do to deserve that?