Congratulations, Walky!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Nevermore

Congratulations, Walky!

Post by Nevermore »

David Willis (web cartoonist of "Roomies", It's Walky" and "Shortpacked" fame) and Maggie Weidner (Pixar animator) got married this weekend. Avast!
http://pics.livejournal.com/shortpacked/pic/00230ees/
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Didn't know she worked for Pixar.

Congratulations, people who don't post here and will likely never read this message.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I just tried Googling for his Transformers stuff but it's rather hard to find now. Does anyone have a decent link? I used to love his stuff, particularly the Shockwave write-up. Were those articles entitled 'lamest Transformers' or something like that?

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Dumbass Transformers ones? All taken down so he could focus on pimping out merch spun off from his shark-jumping webcomics, IIRC, though he maintains a personal page at http://tfwiki.net.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Dumbass, that's the stuff! It's a real shame they're gone, it was the TF media that made me laugh the most until I found jAam.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The guy's web persona was/is/don't particularly care idiotic. Assuming that this was his real life outlook, why should we care that someone was stupid enough to marry him?

Sorry, but the reverence that some people hold him in really annoys me.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I assume this thread is some sort of sarcasm.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Plus side is the wedding has resulted in the first Shortpacked! comic for a while that is anything other than tediously predictable.

Though all that stuff is made up for with change by "I AM THE INVINCIBLE KENJI MURASAME!" near the end of the show.
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

Eh, Shortpacked isn't fantastic, but I generally check it when I go through my webcomics. There are far worse out there. I mainly check it for the blog, and that's mainly for his toy reviews. It's more amusing than the strip at any rate. I believe he jumped the shark around the eight decloseting.

God, this post is jumpy.