Enterprise

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Addl
Protoform

Enterprise

Post by Addl »

Dunno if this has been discussed here before, but I like and prefer Enterprise above all previous Star Trek series.

Okay, Voyager I only saw rarly, but never kicked my of the chair. Only thing worth seeing are the Doc's comments.

DS9 only good after the Dominion comes on stage.

TNG best so far, but still a bit cheesy at times... especially the first seasons. I guess Picard and Data are the ones, who made the series great.

Enterprise: After getting used to the theme music, this series is my favorite. It is not as "distant" (not meaning the time, but the way the technology looks").
They have no touch screens, but real buttons and levers. Everything held in steelgrey or blue color and the room are much smaller and "sober"... serious. No big lounge....
It looks like on a normal ship where space is valuable, so no toying aroung with unnecessary space.

I also like the idea of having no shields, not using the transporter and eating in a "cantina", not a lounge bar.

Best charater is the doctor with his dry and sarcastic remarks.

------------------
Disco Addl & Family wish you a merry christmas!
--------------
trade list (updated 21. Dez)
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Hmmmm...... never seen that series, I fear.. is it new?

I like Voyager. Except Neelix. Neelix must die.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Yup, very new. Don't remember exactly when it started, but we don't yet have it in the UK yet. It's coming soon though.

At first I was sceptical that it didn't look too good, but after seeing the trailers a few more times, I think it looks promising.

Sucks that I'll be in uni and not be able to see it though :-(

Incidentally DS9 is my favorite series, followed by TNG. Voyager sucks a lot, and the original is OK, but not that good.

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

in what world do yu live?
he he he

I downloaded the first 10 episodes (pilot movie counting as ep 1&2) every episode 440MB DivX.
Don't think the show will air anytime soon in Germany.

I love the show. I actually don't care if the time setting is before Kirk, but love the way the show looks, as I said above.

I would like it as much if it were not star trek, but an individual show.

edit: Oi Kickback, you might wanna check out http://www.startrek.com/launch/default.asp
------------------
Disco Addl & Family wish you a merry christmas!
--------------
trade list (updated 21. Dez)

[This message has been edited by Addl (edited 12-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Addl (edited 12-23-2001).]
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I live in MY world (or the UK even).

I like the look of it - it's kinda strange though, how the uniforms and bridge and ship look more modern than the ones in Kirk's time. Just goes to show how the future was percieved differently 40 years ago.

-SS

------------------
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

I've barely seen two episodes of this show, and I consider myself a Star Trek fan without question. I like some of the aspects of it, as mentioned the nearness of the technology and all. But in general I don't watch much TV anymore(other than WWF), so I haven't really paid attention to it. TNG is out and out the best, the rest kinda suck, each in their own way.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory is forever.

Wise man say; forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Have a few beers, kick back, we'll have some fun; If ya smell what Red is cookin'!

When my time on Earth is done, and my activities here are past, I want they bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass.
-------------------------
Be sure to stop by the basement run by torture and pain experts RCOSD and Redstreak, the 2001 Archiver Alliance of the year!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Give me TNG or give me no star trek.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM
Thanks to Dai our tea boy for this sig.
Watch the Birdy Laserbeak
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Addl:
every episode 440MB DivX.
Ouch... there are some watchable 100Mb ones roaming the uni network which I keep meaning to check out, but the end of term was rather hectic...

It all sounds quite reasonable, if I can get Quantum Leap outta my head when I sit down and actually watch some... Image

------------------

Check out my collection & trade list and other TF stuff @ denyer.cjb.net!
Later, when I was hanging from the tree... — Bill Hicks