CANTWATCHCANTWATCH CANTWATCHCANTWATCH

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

CANTWATCHCANTWATCH CANTWATCHCANTWATCH

Post by Cliffjumper »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... eague-live

Was happy for us to just put in some sor of a showing. Currently shitting my pants at us being so close. Tenner says Baird whacks a forty-yarder past Schwarzer in injury time. ********************.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

ALL WORSHIP AT THE CHURCH OF ROY!!!

ZAMORA FOR ENGLAND! KONCHESKY FOR ENGLAND!! DEMPSEY FOR BALLON D'OR!!! IN YOUR ****ING FACE, YOU SHIRT-PULLING NOTTS COUNTY COPYING LEAGUE-FIXING CHUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!

**** yeh.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

An awesome day for football.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I mean, ****, Juventus. I can remember when Rochdale and Barnet used to turn us over. I remember when Duncan Jupp was our star player.

This is much more fun than supporting Man United or something. This sort of performance would be met with a "meh, but Our Rivals are still in the competition". The shit times make the good times that much better.
martyboy70

Post by martyboy70 »

Benito Mussolini,Alessandro Volta,Leonardo da Vinci,Sophia Loren,Silvio Berlusconi,Enzo Ferrari.......your boys took a hell of a beating.
(In case anyone wonders what Im going on about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B8rge_Lillelien)

Seriously without a doubt my result of the season-what a performance when everyone thought Fulham were dead and buried.
Loss of job. Will sell for food here.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I pretty much gave up when Trezeguet got that early goal. The dodgy penalty was, in my mind, outweighed by Juventus being lucky not to be down to 9 a lot earlier.
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

:up:

I was stoked.
Nice to have Clint back, eh? what a goal that was.
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:The dodgy penalty
Dodgy? The handball?

You've seen the replays, right? It's blatant.

That last goal, though. **** me. MLT would have been proud.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Diego just didn't seem to have his hands that high to me - though, no, not seen any replays.

For those who missed it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZII9xk7L4 - is it me, or is he using the damn penalty area markings to work out his position? Class.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:Diego just didn't seem to have his hands that high to me - though, no, not seen any replays.
Swings his arm out in front of him as the cross is made, changes the direction of the ball. The ref can't not give it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9VhJJqeCgU

Cannavaro's red card was harsh. But they're cheating bastards anyway, so he probably would have been sent off on merit anyway.

Zamora's control and finish is just ****ing superb. Surrounded by filthy blingbling Juve players, too. And I love the way one of the defenders decides to just fall over and hope for a free kick rather than doing his actual job. It's just a microcosm of the Italian game.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

****ing bastards, cruising to an honourable 1-0 defeat, and then two goals and I'm all edgy and twitchy now. ASRGHG¬! 14 cokcing minutes of stress plus German cheating added time.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

OH MY GAWD WE GONE AND DONE IT! WE'RE GOING TO... the same place we played last week. Yay...

And I'd fancy us against either of the other two TBH.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

:up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up::up:

Liverpool bottled it too. :)

Utterly superb. That's what cup competitions are meant to be about.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye, quite chuffed we've got Atletico. Not so much because I was afraid of Liverpool (on last night, neither are much better than anyone else we've played so far), but because it'll feel like a European final rather than some domestic tie. Plus we don't get swapped by Benetiz' twatting around, and if we do win it'll be a ****ing highlight that I'm not likely to see again in my lifetime, not the consolation prize for ****ing up in the CL/PL.

Davies' goal was something else, Hughes was immense, Konch might even have put himself in the running for an England place and we actually got better after poor Bobby limped off, which gives us some real hope if he's not fit for the final (obviously it'd be better if he was fit, but we seemed a bit downhearted in the first half where he was struggling to get on much).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Right, let's do this.

Advantage us for the hottie with the sign.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Why is Harry Facelikeanutsack on my telly? RAAAAAAAGE!!!!!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

BAIRD?!?

We are so ****ed.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Hey, if we're in our away kit we get away goals, yeh?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Well, if you'd told me at the start of the season we'd lose the Europa Cup four minutes from the end I'd have been overjoyed, but right now I feel completely gutted. Immense performances from Konchesky, Schwarzer, Gera and Etuhu. At the end of the day Aguero is world-class and Forlan's one of the deadliest in Europe so we weren't shamed (and we didn't get the shit knocked out of us like Boro did). But I'm still ****ing gutted.

I'll allow myself a little twist of lemon and note that Ujufalsi is a litte cock - diving, niggling, stirring piece of shit. Never really noticed it when he plays for the Czechs... Atleti were actually stereotypical foreigners quite a bit (their keeper made a real meal out of Gera brushing his head too, though otherwise he was staggerignly good for a 19-year old), though Clint did get a few freekicks for just falling over, so there we go.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Commiserations, Cliffy. I hoped Fulham would do it. It's just a shame they went down to ten men when Nevland came on.
Wreck and Rule!