XBox 360 Slim Question

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

XBox 360 Slim Question

Post by ganon578 »

So there are new redesigns of the XBox 360 out. I'm slowly saving money for a 4GB system (cheaper, and if I can't play it that much due to my 3 month old daughter, it won't be as big of a waste). My question is, does anyone know if this system is backwards compatible with original XBox games? I can't find anything concrete online that says one way or another, and people at Gamestop don't even know for sure. I know the emulation software requires a harddrive to function, but this one has 4GB on board memory. Any info would be much appreciated!
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Sorta. Only certain Xbox 1 titles work with the 360.

Also, I hope you have a bunch of USB Drives, as 4GB is nowhere near enough for saves and such.
Latest Hauls: Supertrain Megazord, RID Galvatron, Nightwatch Prime
TF Total: 173 ---- Non-TF: 32
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

How much memory can game saves take up? I don't plan on doing online gaming nor downloading too many titles. 4GB seems like a ton. I know it's not totally comparable, but I never filled the 512MB on my Wii with game saves...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Depends on the title really. My saves range from between 2.5 GB (Fallout 3) to barely a single MB (Avatar Marketplace).
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Hot damn! I never figured a save file would take up that much space. Oh well, I'll just have to make due with it, as it is all I can afford. Thanks for all the info, I'm looking forward to playing some original XBox titles like Star Wars The Old Republic as well as finally being able to play the true version of War for Cybertron (Cybertron Adventures was a waste of time and money).
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Yeah, Xbox 1 titles don't even take 1MB for each save. And WFC is extremely light on space, even with DLC.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Excellent to know. My current plans are to get the 360 4GB system, WFC, and possible RE:5. It all depends on how much money I end up saving/getting on my birthday. After I finish those two I will turn my attention to some old Xbox games (I've been a Nintendo whore and only had the GameCube and Wii)...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

...I'd skip RE5. Nowhere near as good as RE4.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Damn! I really loved RE4. Though it would still round out my RE collection thus far, with Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, and RE4 Wii Edition. For $15 used, it may still be worth a try...

Depending on money and such, I may just spring for WFC and NCAA Football 11...
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

Okay yeah, $15 is a fine price for that game.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

secretcode wrote:...I'd skip RE5. Nowhere near as good as RE4.
RE5 was still a good game, nonetheless. It was more of an action game than your typical scary survival horror game. They're selling the version now that includes all the DLC for a decent price.