@Cliffy: Gundam?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Hound wrote:High Grade, cause it's what I can afford.
I'm largely in the same boat. It's really hard to justify over $50 for any single model. But damn if the MG Epyon doesn't make me drool...

On the other hand, if you're just looking for some good suits, or would be happy with the older mid-grade sets (for, say, getting your Gundam X or Gundam Victory-eta suits), try robots4less . I'm not sure what international shipping will do to the cost, but the prices are excellent otherwise.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

The HG version of the Zeta is pretty decent - actually most of the HG's are nice, I really can't complain about them (well, some of the older ones, really could have used an additional colour on the plastic tree...)

But Zeta is such a lovely suit. If you can, save up for the MG or even the PG... it'll take... 10 times longer, at least, to build, but it is so gorgeous.

That being said, I actually prefer my figures over kits, and just using the kits to fill in the suits that don't have anything else.

The FIX of the Zeta is REALLY nice, as are the Zeta Pluses
Hound

Post by Hound »

The comic shop I go to has a MG Epyon that I soooooo want. So expensive though. He's got the HG Wing Gundam and Wing Gundam Zero too though. Someday...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

the MG epy is pretty... really, really pretty.

They are a bit of fun, if you've never tried an MG before
Hound

Post by Hound »

Maybe someday. I hope...
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Did someone say MG Epyon?

Yup, I've got it. Feel free to drool, buckets are provided.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Brave Maximus wrote:The HG version of the Zeta is pretty decent - actually most of the HG's are nice, I really can't complain about them (well, some of the older ones, really could have used an additional colour on the plastic tree...)
The new HGs are indeed very nice. A few of the SEED ones (such as the Blitz) needed another color sprue, but there's been less and less of that issue since then. The new Universal Century suits have been gorgeous.
But Zeta is such a lovely suit. If you can, save up for the MG or even the PG... it'll take... 10 times longer, at least, to build, but it is so gorgeous.
I still think the best set for the Zeta is the Gryphos three-set. The MK II Gundam isn't one that I care too much about, but the metallic sheen on the Zeta is stunning. More than that, the gold Hyaku Shiki remains a highlight of my collection, despite being one of my older purchases.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I just bought Bandai's new Master Grade Gundam Sandrock.

The wait is going to be torture.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Sunstreaker2 wrote:I just bought Bandai's new Master Grade Gundam Sandrock.

The wait is going to be torture.
I've got a NG 1/144 Blaze Zaku and Slash Zaku heading my way - largely as fodder for a couple of HG 1/144 Warrior Zakus that feel naked. I'm stripping the NG's for their Wizard Packs.

Just got the GunPla 'Comic Con' Hyaku Shiki (Byaku Shiki) as well, and will likely start getting it together past dins tonight or sometime in the morning, depending on my family duties.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I am finding that while I love my model kits... I'm only liking them for suits without actual figures.

I like the action figures.... but NO ONE around here stocks them... and I'm kind of an instant-gratification kind of guy, so I hate ordering from HLJ and waiting.... ><
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Brave Maximus wrote:I am finding that while I love my model kits... I'm only liking them for suits without actual figures.

I like the action figures.... but NO ONE around here stocks them... and I'm kind of an instant-gratification kind of guy, so I hate ordering from HLJ and waiting.... ><
The new Japanese figures (FIX, etc.) are very limited in number and fairly hard to get in. They're also largely of figures that have already been made into action figures. The older ones made for US Domestic Release are a bit more plentiful, but we're nearly 10 years out for their release now, and Bandai hasn't shown any signs of releasing any of them here again, even as a limited 'collector's' release.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

I've finally decided to get my first Gundam model kit, starting with the Master Grade 1/100 RX-78 - which HLJ won't stock until December. Doh!
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Check it out.
Hound

Post by Hound »

My Gryphios War Set arrived. I now have to convince Sadie to let me take up an entire table putting them together. I'm going to be very hard to get to pay attention to things for a few days I think...

Also I'm 17 or so episodes into Turn A and it's so far very interesting. The androgyny is a bit silly but otherwise I like every single character. It's proving to be a lot of fun.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

I caught up with Gundam Unicorn recently.

Episode 3 is probably the best Gundam anything I've seen in a long time, it's absolutely fantastic.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Hound wrote:My Gryphios War Set arrived. I now have to convince Sadie to let me take up an entire table putting them together. I'm going to be very hard to get to pay attention to things for a few days I think...
You don't need to do all three at the same time. The parts are separated between the models, so just take one out of the box each. (See what I mean about how pretty the Hyaku Shiki is?)
Also I'm 17 or so episodes into Turn A and it's so far very interesting. The androgyny is a bit silly but otherwise I like every single character. It's proving to be a lot of fun.
Wish I could comment more. I do know that Loran's initial character concept was for him to be a FEMALE, and the constant cross-dressing and 'fey' appearance is a bit of a "take that" to all that.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Put together Zeta Gundam tonight, Tomorrow Hyaku Shiki!
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Hound wrote:Put together Zeta Gundam tonight, Tomorrow Hyaku Shiki!
Pity we can't upload pictures in this thread. The Hyaku Shiki is a nice build, just watch the shoulder hoses and ALSO, be very aware of the little extra 'flash points' that require sanding on the majority of the gold pieces (you'll see it in the instructions). I don't know why Bandai did that for this model, but it's a little frustrating when you miss one and suddenly can't get the arms together.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

After watching the four episodes of Unicorn's OVA, I started watching Zeta [TV version] for the first time.

Got to go unpack my Rick Dias, MK II and Hyuakushiki soon. Series isn't bad so far.
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Jaynz

Post by Jaynz »

Knightdramon wrote:After watching the four episodes of Unicorn's OVA, I started watching Zeta [TV version] for the first time.
I would love to hear your thoughts as you watch it...
Got to go unpack my Rick Dias, MK II and Hyuakushiki soon. Series isn't bad so far.
Hyaku Shiki... two words. :)