Ipod guilty pleasures

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Yeah I like Robbie William's solo stuff too. Things like:

- Strong
- Hot Fudge
- The Road to Mandalay
- Feel
- Let love be your energy

Lots of great songs and I don't really care if he's a dick or not. He's got a good voice and is pretty entertaining. I loved that bit years ago where he jumped up and down exactly like Daffy Duck shouting "I'm rich, beyond my wildest dreams"! after signing an £80m record deal. If I was a rock/pop star that's exactly how I'd feel, and I'd go on a massive bender taking every excess going for the next 20 years and love every ****ing minute of it.

"It's not until you're an adult you appreciate how awesome a dog is. Your dreams start dying, somebody cheats on you, bankers f*** up your pension. Then you come home and that dog's looking at you and he's like, 'Dude, you're awesome!'” - Bill Burr

“I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.” - David Bowie
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Auntie Slag wrote:Yeah I like Robbie William's solo stuff too. Things like:

- Strong
- Hot Fudge
- The Road to Mandalay
- Feel
- Let love be your energy
Excellent choices Sir, I also like Advertising Space and Me and My Monkey as well. Wasn't to keen on the Rudebox album (though the rest of it was much more listenable than the title song, though I'm sure it's not true it's very easy to believe the stories he deliberately did the worst song he could just to see if it would still sell) and didn't bother with his last one but generally I do really enjoy his first six. Loved the swing stuff as well.

Is anyone else kind of wishing Take That would just go away again now? It was nice for a while but they really went for the overkill at the end of last year being on everything everywhere.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Rodimus Convoy wrote:People always seem surprised when I start rocking out to "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred.
Bloody Hell!!! I have their 'UP' album and it's a blinkin fantastic pop record. Unfortunately, by releasing 'I'm too sexy' they got tarred with the novelty act brush and slowly faded away. 'Do Ya Feel' on that record is superb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RRX1-M-ag8

There were also superior pop thrills to be found on forgotten second album 'Sex And Travel', and then a couple of mediocre singles in 1995 and it was all over for the Freds. Shame.

And yes, inflatable dalek, i don't understand why the second coming of Take That has been made out like the return of our lord jesus christ. they're not that good (Girls Aloud are better!).

On an unrelated note, I did a little cheer when Jesus Jones got name checked in some sappy rom com 'Going The Distance' i was watching with my girlfriend last night.
Prowl1984

Post by Prowl1984 »

DEFTONES, mainly their new album
FILTER, again primarily their new album
LIMP BIZKIT Yeah say what you want but when ANY Limp Bizkit song comes on in a club i just can't help but dance.
NINE INCH NAILS
MASTODON
MUSE before they went shite
SLIPKNOT
TRANSFORMERS '86
PLACEBO
R.E.M
INTERPOL
STEEL PANTHER
STATIC-X
a ton of REUBEN songs
...AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD awesome band, surprisinlgy not a metal act with a name like that.
HAYSEED DIXIE
DURAN DURAN
KANSAS
FOCUS
VEX RED

"No point in long goodbyes, here's the door."

"Life's a trip, and then you die" -
Hunter S.Thompson
1937-2005 :smokin:
Wildrider

Post by Wildrider »

Been on a hip hop/rap kick recently, with every Eminem and a fair few Kanye West and Lil' Wayne albums, with a bit of The Streets thrown in for good measure.

I used to scoff at such artists and the genre in general, but I'm really enjoying the wordplay as I get older and the beats are funky to work out too, prefer to the *BEEP BEEP* dance music my gum plays anyway.

Oh and in a bid of total nostalgia I've recently fallen back in love with Ride again, Going Blank Again is one of the albums of the last century, shame Andy bell went on to be an Oasis session musician. :(