Hey, Brits...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Sixswitch wrote:Water and teabag in first, then the milk.
BAN THIS SICK FILTH!
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

Auntie Slag wrote:BAN THIS SICK FILTH!
If you take the time to do it in a teapot then yes, ban. However at work it's just easier to do it...the easy way
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Auntie Slag wrote:BAN THIS SICK FILTH!
I will NOT have my words taken out of context like this. This is the type of lazy slander I would expect from politicians, not from tranvestite Dinobots like yourself.

-Ss

;)
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Hound

Post by Hound »

Auntie Slag wrote:Milk in first, then introduce a splash of boiling water, the milk gets used to it, gets happy, then pour the rest in.

Always a decent cup of tea that way, never bitter.
I have never had a cup of tea and milk that I didn't make exactly that way...
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Lord Zarak wrote:*walks around looking confused and feeling lost*
Cliffy's biased by a bad experience with Indiana Jones-in-his-teaching-outfit as a child. "Hello little boy, would you like to see my giant ball?".
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

inflatable dalek wrote:Cliffy's biased by a bad experience with Indiana Jones-in-his-teaching-outfit as a child. "Hello little boy, would you like to see my giant ball?".
Forget his giant ball. It's his long, leathery whip I'm scared of...
Wreck and Rule!
inflatable dalek

Rack 'n Ruin wrote:Forget his giant ball. It's his long, leathery whip I'm scared of...

"Trouser snakes, why'd it have to be trouser snakes?"
Lord Zarak

Post by Lord Zarak »

inflatable dalek wrote:"Trouser snakes, why'd it have to be trouser snakes?"
Palm, this is Face. Face, this is Palm...
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

I get to use the day as a holiday at any point throughout the year so that is pretty nice, but otherwise it is a shoulder shrug situation (though the Diana references are liable to rile).

Otherwise, bag, milk then water, and will be watching football.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Just out of curiosity, when did the royal family go from being the well-respected figureheads of the Commonwealth to being a slightly classier alternative to Charlie Sheen updates? Was it when Edward VIII started chumming around with Hitler and married a woman who was leaking secrets to Germany?

Since the Crown is technically in charge of Canada too, I'd really like to take the royal family seriously. But they don't make it easy. :(
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

They've been on less than popular terms in recent times since about 1992, with all the various scandals (Charles & Diana divorcing, Fergie's toe sucking then that fire that damaged a load of their stuff that tax payers had to pay for) and then the problems they had dealing with Diana's death in 1997. There's also the amusing question over Harry's paternity (looks like his father doesn't he?) and his own drunken antics. That said, both the princes seem to be generally well liked, unlike the rest whom tend to be seen as an irrelevance. Charles' outbursts in support of traditional architecture and green issues are rather undermined by some of the practices of his own Duchy Originals firm.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Wedding?

What wedding?

:D

I do not drink tea since my two times nine months of aversion therapy, but the milk goes in first only when using proper cups e.g. bone china with the tea brewed in a pot; for the teabag-'n-mug... not.
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Ooh, royal weddings!

We Finns do enjoy the royalty, particulary because A) we don't have any of our own, and B) we didn't have to fight any wars to get rid of them.

The Swedish royal wedding a year ago was a big hit here, some of my friends even took a break from a delightful summer weekend binge in the countryside to watch the wedding. And tomorrow we will be starting our pre-1st of May celebrations with a good British royal spectacle. Of course coupled with good British cider (and don't tell me Crowmoor or Strongbow aren't considered to be good British ciders, that's all we're getting here (and I really don't want to hear that they aren't British ciders at all)).

Royal weddings are a lot more boring nowadays with the lack of incest, though. No more Michael the mentally impaireds.
Thanks D!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

People in Japan keep expecting me to have all the lastest gossip about the wedding. They say things like, oh, the royal wedding's on (whenever), how are you going to celebrate? They're always a bit taken aback when they realise they know more about it than me.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Anyone watching it now? They're just walking up the aisle and against William, Harry looks like a character from Dune.

Or maybe he represents the Dark side. No hitler 'tache this time. Where's Mark & Jez?
inflatable dalek

Loved the cheap ass mini buses used to ferry the unimportant royals-we-can-lose-in-a-King-Ralph-way about. Seriously, the couldn't have just spent the extra 100 quid to hire a nice posh looking coach?

Other that that brief moment I managed to avoid the whole thing though.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

If they're going to spend any money, they should have put it towards a commemorative edition of James Robert's 'Eugenesis' with a Royal insignia on the front.
inflatable dalek

Auntie Slag wrote:If they're going to spend any money, they should have put it towards a commemorative edition of James Robert's 'Eugenesis' with a Royal insignia on the front.
I understand Roberts' gave the bride away instead of her father on the grounds her old man never wrote anything that awesome.
Auntie Slag

Post by Auntie Slag »

Aah, good on 'im.
Hound

Post by Hound »

inflatable dalek wrote:Other that that brief moment I managed to avoid the whole thing though.
Suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeee... :p