Recommend me some good Xbox 360 Games!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
ganon578

Recommend me some good Xbox 360 Games!

Post by ganon578 »

So here's the deal. I bought a 360 last October. I already have:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mass Effect 2
NCAA Football 11
Street Fighter IV
Transformers: WFC

What games do you all think are good? I've poked around on game sites and come up with a couple things, but sometimes I don't like to pay attention to reviewers; there are plenty of good and fun games out there without just having high ratings. I'm also open to downloading via Live (I'm already eyeing up Pac-Man Championship Edition DX). Basically there are a lot of games out there that just fly under the radar or are just underappreciated.

PS - I'm not really all that into FPS games. Tried Halo 3 and didn't care for it. And I borrowed COD 4 from a buddy; not a bad game, but it's just not my cup of tea.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Off the top of my head:

-Rock Band. Any.
-Grand Theft Auto IV

edit: oops, I see you have Oblivion.

More edit:

-Left 4 Dead was super fun, but it is a FPS. FPS generally isn't my bag either, this game would be one of the few exceptions. Well, sometimes.
-Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

And, for my "Game that I'm told is utter crap but I enjoy it" recommendation: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Chip1123
Protoform

Post by Chip1123 »

Even though you aren't a fan of FPS, i would suggest Half Life 2: The Orange Box, as well as Portal 2. They aren't just your typical FPS's. They have more of a puzzle feel to them at times, and still have the best physics engines out there. Valve makes good games.

Dragon Age 1 and 2 are good. Mass Effect 1 & 2 as well. Just depends on the type of games you like. I'd also recommend checking out the Xbox live Arcade games. They have some pretty good ones there. Trenched, Plant vs Zombies, Limbo, etc
No Reserves, No Retreats, and No Regrets!!!
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

ganon578 wrote:So here's the deal. I bought a 360 last October. I already have:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Mass Effect 2
NCAA Football 11
Street Fighter IV
Transformers: WFC

Red Dead Redemption.
GTA IV (but RDR is a much better version of that GTA style of game)
Lego Harry Potter
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Don't bother with GTAIV, it's overrated. Get the Episodes from Liberty City DVD, and play Ballad of Gay Tony instead. Much better.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are ace.

Don't waste your money on LA Noire.

Fallout 3 is worth a look.

As for older games, you might try Bully: Scholarship Edition. This is loads and loads of fun.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sades wrote:-Grand Theft Auto IV

-Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

And, for my "Game that I'm told is utter crap but I enjoy it" recommendation: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010.
The last time I played a GTA game was on the PC when it was 2D and top down. I might just have to see how much I would like it now. I bet it's cheap at GameStop.

I enjoyed Cabela's BGH 2010 too, though I had the muddy graphics Wii version. It was still fun though!

Thanks for the recommendations. Civ Revolutions looks neat, I may try that too.
Chip1123 wrote:Even though you aren't a fan of FPS, i would suggest Half Life 2: The Orange Box, as well as Portal 2. They aren't just your typical FPS's. They have more of a puzzle feel to them at times, and still have the best physics engines out there. Valve makes good games.

Dragon Age 1 and 2 are good. Mass Effect 1 & 2 as well. Just depends on the type of games you like. I'd also recommend checking out the Xbox live Arcade games. They have some pretty good ones there. Trenched, Plant vs Zombies, Limbo, etc
I hear the Portal games are phenomenal. And I also hear Dragon Age 2's dungeon's are repetitive. Does it detract from the game?

I've been poking around on XBLA, and I seem drawn to the classic games from other systems like Ikaruga. I've heard Bastion is a great new game though, so maybe I'll give that a spin.
Jetfire wrote:Red Dead Redemption.
GTA IV (but RDR is a much better version of that GTA style of game)
Lego Harry Potter
What about Lego Batman? Is that one any good?
Sixswitch wrote:Don't bother with GTAIV, it's overrated. Get the Episodes from Liberty City DVD, and play Ballad of Gay Tony instead. Much better.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood are ace.

Don't waste your money on LA Noire.

Fallout 3 is worth a look.

As for older games, you might try Bully: Scholarship Edition. This is loads and loads of fun.

-Ss
Thanks for the tips. When I get some cash I'll do some hunting!
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

ganon578 wrote:What about Lego Batman? Is that one any good?
The LEGO games are generally pretty good. They can be a little samey, but they're fun and have a light sense of humor. Harry Potter brought a few interesting new game mechanics to the whole thing, but any of them are worth checking out.
dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron
Protoform

Post by dEcEpTiCoN MEGAtron »

Portal 2, hands down is definitely worth picking up. It'll get you thinking and the humor by the AI is top notch. There's no other game like it.

If you're into racing games, get Burnout Paradise. My favorite racer of all time. Open world, a ton of different game modes and it's got that arcade driver feel that's not too hard to get used to. It's cheap, it has great DLC and it's fun blowing things up.

If you're not much into FPS, give Red Dead Redemption a shot. Great story, fun wild west shootouts and has that GTA feel to it, just without cars.

Borderlands is also a great game. Even though it's an FPS it still plays as an RPG where you level up and the weapon modification system is insane! This is another game with great humor and wonderful DLC.

For X-Box Live Arcade:

Shadow Complex. Fun side scrolling shooter that reminds you a lot of the old school Metroid games.

Limbo. Great side scrolling strategy game that's also unique.

Trials HD. Think Excitebike back from the original Nintendo system with a lot of jump tricks. Fun fun game!