Movies you've changed you mind about

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Movies you've changed you mind about

Post by Neuronutter »

To go with other similar threads in the forum I thought I'd start a discussion about movies you've seen and either liked or not, then you've revisited and changed your mind.

Two that stand out for me are Wolverine: Origins and the Dark Knight. With Wolverine I enjoyed it in the cinema and couldn't see why everyone was slamming it so much. Then I saw it again on DVD sometime in the last year and suddenly I could see it. What a pile of cr*p.

In the case of the Dark Knight my opinion dramatically improved after a few watches. It's not that I didn't like it the first few times; I did. I just loved it the last time I saw it.

So, anyone had any similar experiences recently with revisiting movies you've seen a while ago?
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Best Buy was having a big DVD sale a while back, so I picked up Monty Python and the Holy Grail and Snatch. Monty Python still had funny parts, but it wasn't nearly as good as I remember. Snatch was still really good, but I had forgotten how dark and violent it gets toward the middle.
Slayer-Fan123

Post by Slayer-Fan123 »

I'm opposite on The Dark Knight. I liked it the first time, but later it just seemed...eh.

One I liked after a while was Happy Gilmore. Hated it at first, but it just clicked with me after a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I liked and continue to like Wolverine.

I enjoyed the phantom menace the first time I saw it. Tried to watch it again on video and couldn't make it past the first half hour. I expect the enjoyment was just because at that point I was a massive Star Wars fan and was just grateful for whatever crap I was given.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

angloconvoy wrote: I enjoyed the phantom menace the first time I saw it. Tried to watch it again on video and couldn't make it past the first half hour. I expect the enjoyment was just because at that point I was a massive Star Wars fan and was just grateful for whatever crap I was given.
The first time I saw Phantom Menace I was disappointed. Really, really disappointed. The next time I saw it, on home video, I thought it was a humongous pile of sh*t. I still do. I saw the next one twice in the cinema, maybe just because it was so much better than PM, and the third once in the cinema. I have no inclination to watch any of them ever again.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

For some weird reason I like Jumanji more now than I did when I was a little kid.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I thought Click was a good flick until I saw it again this past... April or May IIRC. When I saw it again, I dunno... I seemed to remember it being less "serious" I guess. Not your typical Adam Sandler film.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

First time I saw The Mask in high school, I was so thrilled I paid to have my whole family come see it later that week. Halfway through, with my family around me, I wondered why I had wasted their time and my money.
LKW
Protoform

Post by LKW »

TF: Revenge of the Fallen :) I actually really enjoyed it when I saw it in theaters; can now barely stand it. All of the really stupid parts/characters just stand out above all else for me now.

I'm hoping the same won't hold true for Dark of the Moon, as I was, despite Michael Bay, really entertained by that film. On the plus side, there did seem to be a lot less stupidity....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blade Runner has really grown on me the last few years, I used to have no time at all for it but I've come to enjoy it more and more, mainly as a mood rather than for the plot but it's still nice to put it on and let it wash all over me.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

The first four Batman movies, really. As a very little kid I hated the first two for being serious and liked the third and fourth for being campy. Now, rewatching it... the first was great, the second movie was great about, oh three-quarters through, but the third and the fourth are pieces of crap.

The Dark Knight. I loved it the first time I watched it. Hated it the second time round, loved it again on third watching.

The Spider-Man movies. All were great on first watching, but with the possible exception of the first one it's quite poorly done, innit?

Wolverine. I still like it, but on rewatching I didn't get the same level of being impressed than when I first watched it in the theater.