Getting Paid 2 Stay N Haunted Houses.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Hello Folks:

As usual, I have been pretty busy. Anyway, to get right to the point; I heard a while ago that certain people have been getting paid lots of money (I don't have the exact figures.) to stay in various buildings - such as abandoned industrial plants, castles, mausoleums, estates, houses, etc. - that are really haunted. Do any of know if this type of thing is still going on today? If so, I would like to know. I already know that first of all, only adults are qualified to be entered in any of these strange "adventures-for-pay", and second, most of them end up having to stay overnight, for the whole weekend or for up to a week by THEMSELVES. The financial compensation (pay) varies; it depends on how much time the visitor actually spends at any property that is occupied by paranormal forces and it also depends on how benevolent/malevolent the paranormal activity is. For example, if a visitor is able to stay at a haunted house that is occupied by some Evil, Hardcore Demons - that almost nobody else wants to deal with - for a whole week, then that visitor can expect a lot of money at the end of his/her visit at the house, but if the same visitor stays in the same house for the same length of time and only has to deal with some "friendlier" appartions (Think Casper the Friendly Ghost!), then the resulting pay would not be as much. As for me, it's probably best that I start staying in a haunted house that for just one night, and just deal with some "lightweight" entities. Gradually, as I start getting more money in my pocket from these "adventures" and everything, I would like to stay in a haunted house for a little longer while dealing with some more "difficult" ghouls . As many of you can see, I am really desperate for some money right now and I don't know where to turn; I want to be able to pay my bills on time, finish paying for my home and my automobile, buy my family some wonderful gifts for Christmas, get my ride fixed so that it doesn't keep showing off its Check Engine Light, upgrade all of my electronic gadgets, contribute to charites like the homeless, the needy and my favorite radio stations. and well, ... I won't even go there as far as what else I would like to do. Seriously though, if anyone knows anything about any programs and/or excursions that involve people getting paid to stay in haunted houses for a certain length of time - especially here in Virginia USA - then let me know about it. I await any and all answers; thank you very much!

WebJock :noevil:
:devil: Image :angel:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You're an idiot.
Blaster

Post by Blaster »

I saw Casper. Was he talking about Vin Ghostal?
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
borg72

Post by borg72 »

My dwindling faith in humanity is at the point where I'm able to believe this might not even be spam
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

Just remember this: If a guest star ever shows up at the house, like Don Knots or Boris Karloff, they're always the ghost. And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Mr_Hi_n_Mitey
Custom Title: Overlord Of OlSkool Weirdness

Post by Mr_Hi_n_Mitey »

Cliffjumper wrote:You're an idiot.
Y would u say that, Cliffjumper? :confused:
:devil: Image :angel:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

There isn't really enough bandwidth to cover it.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Mr_Hi_n_Mitey wrote:Hello Folks:

As many of you can see, I am really desperate for some money right now and I don't know where to turn; I want to be able to pay my bills on time, finish paying for my home and my automobile, buy my family some wonderful gifts for Christmas, get my ride fixed so that it doesn't keep showing off its Check Engine Light, upgrade all of my electronic gadgets, contribute to charites like the homeless, the needy and my favorite radio stations. and well, ... I won't even go there as far as what else I would like to do.
Who are you and what kind of bullsh!t is this?

There are two very simple rules which apply here...
1. everything happens for a reason and nothing is therefore for free
2. do not spend more, than you get as an income.

Why should anybody give you money for spending a night in a house, even if there were "supernatural being"? what is their benefit and why should this be worth money to anybody? Please explain this.

If you cannot pay your bills on time, you are one of the people who fail life because they cannot even manage their own income / output.

So instead of waisting time and energy on dubious chances to increase the income, just reduce the output.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

What is happening here?
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wetbrained moron continues long-running series of drive-by block-text postings plugging whatever stupid idea he's got into his head this time. With even odds that anyone who agrees with him is probably his own alt ID.

Tags: NASCAR; some ****ing band no-one likes; masturbating over 'female' robots; phone apps that might make up for his woeful social skills but probably don't.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Don't most of the big famous haunted houses expect a payment for a visit rather than the other way round?

Just to try and vaguely turn this into something interesting rather than a lock down...

Where do people stand on the whole ghost thing then? Ever seen one? All stuff and nonsense or is there life beyond? And why are places always haunted by people from no later that world war 2 rather than, say, 2008?

Ghostwatch by the by, is still bloody scary.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I used to live in a "haunted" house. People had often seen difficult to explain things. I did myself when I was a kid. I would put it down to tricks of light and shadow. The weird thing is people would often see fairly consistant apparitions in varying parts of the house. The logical side of me puts it down to architectural consistancy, but it freaked me right out when I was a kid.

As for paying bills on time, get rich quick solutions usually are more harmful than helpful.

Oh, and as for Addl's comment about not outputting more than comes in, that's fair, but to say you fail at life if you can't pay the bills is a little harsh in some circumstances. I was in a very difficult financial situation following the company I worked for suddenly going bankrupt and I'm just now getting out of it. Sometimes unexpected circumstances come up. A run of bad luck doesn't make you a failure. It's how you deal with it.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Did you deal with this run of bad fortune by attempting to set up a career based around people paying you to stay in haunted houses? (FWIW I always thought it was the other way around too)

Regarding finances in general, I'm always kinda relieved that most of the money I've 'wasted' over the past few years has gone on toys rather than booze. Obviously the odd night out on the piss does no harm but I know people who've done it 52/7; with a Chibi Cliffjumper on the way it's reassuring to have a couple of grand's worth of collectibles that can be liquidated for a bigger cause.

On ghosts in general I remain skeptical if not entirely cynical; I've yet to find a case that doesn't have some hint of overactive imaginations to it. I'm sure the people who have had experiences genuinely believe in them, but it's more a display of just how well certain people can create experiences that didn't happen.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

angloconvoy wrote:
Oh, and as for Addl's comment about not outputting more than comes in, that's fair, but to say you fail at life if you can't pay the bills is a little harsh in some circumstances. I was in a very difficult financial situation following the company I worked for suddenly going bankrupt and I'm just now getting out of it. Sometimes unexpected circumstances come up. A run of bad luck doesn't make you a failure. It's how you deal with it.
Fair enough, but in this case the combination with his idea of solving his problem is what made me pissed.
To talk about not being able to pay bills, but talk about buying gifts and gadgets in the same sentence makes me believe of failure.
Cutting down on the expense side is what makes sense... at least this I do privately and in job also, as 2013 is planned to be harsh... remember, I am German and we have a way of cutting expenses and saving if you see politics :-)

Might be because I am German Swabian, but I never took a loan or bought something on leasing or financing.
I believe in " what I cannot afford to pay in cash, I do not buy."
So everything including my vehicles (old) I bought via cash and have no loans to pay back.
Only bills are rent, phone, electricity, and insurances (health and old age), so not much burden.
A loan for real estate I can understand, as most people including me do not have this cash, but I will trade the same amount of rent to loan pay back, so no big change in finance.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I'm not defending the obvious idiocy, and I do almos completely agree with what Addl said. As Cliffy said about having collectables that can be liquidated like that is reassuring, and in fact, I did sell of most of my old school game collection after the bankruptcy to help me through. If I ever get to spend long enough in England to sell off my stuff that's taking up space in my relative's attic that should help to put me comfortably in the black too.
Dead right about cutting down though. When I suddenly found I'd have to move house (very expensive over here) at the same time I'd just been told I wasn't getting paid for the month's work I'd just done I cut down to the bare minimum in every way. I lost a lot of weight then too, because I was eating exactly as much as I needed to stay healthy and no more.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

inflatable dalek wrote: Where do people stand on the whole ghost thing then? Ever seen one? All stuff and nonsense or is there life beyond? And why are places always haunted by people from no later that world war 2 rather than, say, 2008?
I've little time for ghosts, I'm too busy making tin foil hats to keep out the aliens.
The missus, on the other hand, is convinced there is a ghost in our flat, based on the admittedly sound evidence that the lights flicker when she's in the room (they may or may not flicker when she's not in the room, but that's a whole philosophical debate) and the plumbing is a bit loud.

On the much heavier subject of money, I am crap at money. I normally just about pay the rent on time, but I blow money so quickly after getting paid, I sometimes have trouble believing it myself.
I like bears.
borg72

Post by borg72 »

Having lived in a so-called 'haunted' house, I am a definite believer in ghosts of some sort. Nothing will shake me in that belief, However, I am a definite athest, and have exactly zero belief in any kind of afterlife.

I have no clue how my brain resolves these two ideas. they seem totally at odds with each other.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Gelth? Hairy future guerillas? Something about N-Space I don't really remember the specifics of?

EDIT: God dammit, now I can remember that arse off Four Weddings getting his big close-up and going "What the Shakespeare?". Fitting what with it being panto season, mind.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Summerhayes wrote:... but I blow money so quickly after getting paid, I sometimes have trouble believing it myself.
Interesting, how we differ in this.

I track income and output almost daily and always end the month with a bigger plus on the account which goes to my saving for old age. I rarly ever buy anything unplanned and never blow it out without knowing how much I could save until end of month.

To tell the truth, the last time I went shopping was 10 months ago in Germany to get clothes for work. Since then I bought nothing aside food, some beer in bars, and an occasional DVD for 1 euro here in china.
We bought no new furniture, as we use our old stuff from Germany.
My wife is also this way and we do not buy gifts for people and also do not want any.
I like it lean. Privat and at work.

They say, that swabians are actually Scottish who were banned out of country because of costiveness (is this the word).