Anyone with Public Transport Woes?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Well, we could talk about sadonercroequinality.. but...
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

electro girl wrote:I had a splendid time using the U-bahn in Berlin. Clean carriages, frequent trains, easy to navigate even with my small grasp on the German language and the only drunks were us.
Okay to be fair:

I needed everyday transportation from a suburb to an industrial park (also outside of the city)
Connections like these are mostly bad, as you need to first go into the city main station, then out again on different train to a suburb station, then switch to bus and walk from bid station to office within the industry complex.

As a temporary student or tourist in a city like Berlin this is a different story and I also used ubahn during my visits.
A comparison in my work example would be 30 minutes by car from door to door or 1,5 hours including the above mentioned connection.

If only the drive to work, it is roughly 150 eur of fuel compared to 50 public fees and this difference of 100 eur is not worth in my opinion the extra 2 hours each on the transport.
PT is expensive in my opinion here for the service you get.
In addition, the school teenagers and other annoying people in the morning do not improve my mood or health.

I regularly used the high speed net ICE for travel between north and south Germany. For 700km instead of roughly 7 hours by car only 4 hours by train and you can drink beer. But then one ticket back and forth is 250 eur so about same price like fuel in my case.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

electro girl wrote:I had a splendid time using the U-bahn in Berlin. Clean carriages, frequent trains, easy to navigate even with my small grasp on the German language and the only drunks were us.

have you tried the Auto-Bahn? or the Perma-Bahn?:)