E3 2013 what did you think?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

Knightdramon wrote:No news on a dead space 4 or something? Resident Evil?

Seems like the only upcoming games I really want to play are Metal Gear Solid 5 and Pokemon Y/X.

Meh.
DS4 is a fair one tbh, DS3 only got released a few months ago.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Yesterday I just read a fantastic little quote by Satoru Iwata, the President of Nintendo. A journalist at IGN asked him a question regarding the handling of used games on the new systems, since that was a hot topic at this years E3.

Basically he said he was sad that the focus was not solely on good games but basically a pissing match between Sony and Microsoft on several little items about the new consoles. In regards to handling of used games on Nintendo platforms, Iwata basically said "We are going to make good games people don't want to sell back or trade-in." Not a bad thought. And I still have several Wii games I bought early in the system's life that I have no plans to trade in at any point. Seems like the guy knows what he's doing, regardless of Wii U sales. I'd link the article, but I'm at work where IGN is blocked. I think it was posted yesterday.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

This is the article -

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/n ... -wont-sell

The CEO of Take-Two came out and said something similar. If you create real experiences and games that people would continue to play, they won't trade. They both have a fair point, one of the reasons why used games sales have soared (in my opinion) is because so many games are throwaway now. I've still got all of my n64 games and if I had a working console I would crack them out all the time.