I'm not a gamer...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Hound

I'm not a gamer...

Post by Hound »

Not to say I don't play video games and enjoy them. I just don't have a lot of games and have never spent much time playing them.

When I was little I had a NES but I had Tecmo Bowl, Mega Man 2&3 and Super Mario. That was it. I played a few other games at friends' houses like Metroid and Zelda but it was never that big a deal.

I got a Genesis when I got my first job at 16 but I only ever had a few Sonic games, a few X-Men games, a few Mortal Kombats and Super Street Fighter 2. I played those a lot for a few years.

I got a Playstation at launch, but only had a handful of games for that too and I sold my PS and games after about 2 years.

Since then I'd only ever played video games when friends of mine would suggest playing a group game like Halo, Rock Band, or Mario Kart or something of that sort.

Recently though I decided that I'd like to give Final Fantasy a try and am hooked and am planning to play through most of the series. It's my first time really playing a RPG and I like it a lot.

There are a few other series' I'd like to try too. I think Zelda next just because I've heard that nearly every single game is really good in the series. I want to play through the Super Mario games too. I think I'm going to busy playing games for awhile.

I never thought I could get so hooked on video games but it's been a lot of fun.
Sades

Post by Sades »

And now he pulls all-nighters, drinking his Mt. Dew... He talks about stuff I have no knowledge of or have long forgotten... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE!

:p And on the flipside, I am really looking forward to the newest Doctor Who. Weird, huh?

TACTICS dear Hoosban. Dooo iiiiiit.

I wanna go to the LEGO Store! \o/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Kungfu Dinobot

Post by Kungfu Dinobot »

Well, as long as you don't develop weight issues, a neckbeard and bourgeouis-marxist sensibilities, I think you'll stay sane:up:

Anyways, haven't been playing games since I started my new job, but hey, I'd love to try the FF series*

*They cost a goddamn bomb though.....
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Zelda is a good way to go (not that I'm biased...) and yes, nearly all the games are fantastic... well you could skip Four Swords Adventures for the 'Cube. It's fun, but way better with four people with GBA's.

I commend you on your relatively small collection of games. I have been gaming for years, and now that I have had a career for about 4 years, I buy too many games that I don't have time to play. That could be due to the two kids I have as well. :)
Sades

Post by Sades »

ganon578 wrote:I commend you on your relatively small collection of games.
You should see his comics, though. He cut his collection down so he could move into a studio apartment a couple of years back, and the boxes they're in could still probably take up half of a small room. Reading material forever, if I ever get around to it.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sades wrote:You should see his comics, though. He cut his collection down so he could move into a studio apartment a couple of years back, and the boxes they're in could still probably take up half of a small room. Reading material forever, if I ever get around to it.
I never had that many comics, but I did come close at one point. I inherited about 10-12 'tomato' boxes (don't know what size, they were all cardboard and designed to hold produce) full of comics. Had them for quite a few years before selling off about 8-9 of the boxes before moving across the country.

If you're dedicated enough, just set the baby down and get crackin' on those comics! She's probably old enough to take care of herself, no worries. :swirly:
Sades

Post by Sades »

ganon578 wrote:If you're dedicated enough, just set the baby down and get crackin' on those comics! She's probably old enough to take care of herself, no worries. :swirly:
Yeah, no. :p What with the amount of stuff I try to squeeze in when she is sleeping and the library books I've browsed through but haven't actually read yet, it's going to be awhile before I get to comics.
Hound

Post by Hound »

I sold off nearly a third of my comic collection and a third of my TF collection just to cut down on the ridiculous amount of crap I have. That still puts my collection at around 7000 comics. She has a lot of reading to get to.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you