What is this c***?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.

Is Eminem the king of all jackasses?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 19

The Green Knight

What is this crap?

Post by The Green Knight »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... minem_dc_2

Eminem is a moron and a talentless loser. If his music had any merit, he wouldn't have to resort to measures like this to get attention. What's next? Dressing up as Hitler and being at a concentration camp? Or dressing up as a preist and pretending to molest children? What a giant *sshole...

Or maybe I'm wrong here?

Is Eminem the king of all jackasses? Voice your opinion!
The HeartBrend Kid
Protoform

Post by The HeartBrend Kid »

"cause we need a little controversy
and it's been so empty without me"
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

I like his music, he is one of the few rappers I can listen to without sighing in disgust (not because he is white but because I just don't like most rap). Is new song Without me is actually quite true. Music seems so bland without his outrageous lyrics and contraversy.

The chrous goes as follows:
Now This looks like a Job for me
So everybody just follow me
Cause we need a little contraversy
Cause it feels so empty without me

You cannot deny it. He makes music more looked at and even if you think he is a jack ass or a moron he gets people to listen to his music because of his ways.

Songs like Stan and Way I am are extremnely good, Way I am is something I listen to when people get mad at me for being diffrent, Stan I listen to when I'm depressed.

Then Songs like Real Slim Shady, Without me and Hi My name is are good for a laugh and are hilarious.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

He isn't the king of all jackasses. I know quite a few jackasses that deserve that title
Houbatron
Protoform

Post by Houbatron »

Originally posted by Unicron
He isn't the king of all jackasses. I know quite a few jackasses that deserve that title
What he said.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

He does this to get a reaction out of people. Most of the time, his songs point out what's wrong with out traditional values. He even says in his songs that he's just an entertainer, and his career is a joke to him. Of course, most people that he makes fun of deserve it. He's the reply to all that teenie-bopper trash that's taken over our air waves.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Snake,

I hate Eminem. I detest him. I hate his music. I hate his attitude. I hate seeing his face everywhere.

I have to admit that I can't stand rap music in general, but the way that this jackass is shoved in our face with a stream of deliberate controversial moves is both boring and annoying.

His "music" also is the absolute empitomy of trash. I've always found that Eminems "music" is akin to someone with a truely annoying voice talking over the top of an irritating and repeatative tune.

I'm sure that as soon as I post this I'll get a string of people saying that I have no taste and what would i prefer - Eminen or trash like S-Club 7? My response? I shall continue to enjoy excellence like Michael Jackson, Rammstein and Guns N Roses and whatever else i want to listen to. At least then I'll have something enjoyable to listen to rather than some pumped up little pain in the backside going on about how he is better than everyone else at what he does.

Eminem sucks.:p
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by dai-atlas2000

I'm sure that as soon as I post this I'll get a string of people saying that I have no taste and what would i prefer - Eminen or trash like S-Club 7? My response? I shall continue to enjoy excellence like Michael Jackson, Rammstein and Guns N Roses and whatever else i want to listen to. At least then I'll have something enjoyable to listen to rather than some pumped up little pain in the backside going on about how he is better than everyone else at what he does.
Yes dai the music you listen to must be the only good music there is around, you have the best taste everyone elses taste sucks :rolleyes:

Eminem has good music just because YOU do not like it doesn't mean he sucks.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

I shall continue to enjoy excellence like Michael Jackson, Rammstein and Guns N Roses and whatever else i want to listen to.
And I'm sure you understand EVERY word that Rammstein spew forth - THEY suck (imho).

I do happen to like Eminem personally - and Dr Dre and Xzibit and other stuff like that - I also thoroughly enjoy Blues Music - Jazz, pop music, Thrash Metal, Hardcore Metal, Industrial Metal - Stoner Rock - Indie music.

My point is, it doesn't matter what kind of music YOU like, so long as you can appreciate why other people like it - Eminem's lyrics ARE good - music's mostly by Dr Dre who's faultless in his beats.

I for one dislike Country music though I can understand WHY some people actually DO like it.
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

:rolleyes: As I suspected, someone would replied with a "my taste in music is better than yours so shut up".

What I meant by what i said there was - I don;t like Eminem and as such will choose to listen to music which i personally enjoy. However just because I think he is crap doesn't mean that I think everyone else should be off the same opinion.

Enjoy the music you like, but don;t try and force it upon the rest of the world. We all are free to choose what we like. I choose not to listen to Eminem.

:cool:

EDIT: By the way - I like Rammstein because of the great sound of the music. And it sounds better in german anyway.
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

I think Eminem is a rapper who is living pretty much off of shock value right now. His rhymes are clever once in a while, but if it wasn't for the fact that he hooked up with Dr. Dre, he'd be languishing in obscurity. Let's face it: there's only so many ways you can say that you're the best and everyone else sucks. Without Me is pretty much the same song as Real Slim Shady, just with a different set of names dropped of people he has decided "suck". Talent. And Dr. Dre's production these days is just sad. Listen to The Chronic or Doggystyle and tell me that any of Eminem's albums have better hooks and beats. Some of the songs on Chronic sound like they took months to put together. Most on Eminem's albums sound like they got that one 3 second loop right and repeated it until it was time to end the track and fade out.

Go listen to some real rap, like The Roots, Jurassic 5, or Del...
~*ShadowDancer*~

Post by ~*ShadowDancer*~ »

Ok, reading this article has lead me to a stunning conclusion...this bloke needs some sense kicked into his thick skull. After the events of Sept 11 & subsequent "War on Terrorism" (Laughs up her sleeve) the last thing we need is a DANCING Bin Laden.

I know he's going for shock value - he's won that already otherwise it wouldn't have made Press - but there are limits within the common boundaries of decency and this stunt is WAAAY outside them.
~*SD*~
Proud Member of The Mini Owner's Club.

Links:

Shadow's Site - *Updated 22-03-04!*

Message board

Micro Mart Magazine
mkay0
Protoform

Post by mkay0 »

I shall continue to enjoy excellence like ... Guns N Roses... At least then I'll have something enjoyable to listen to rather than some pumped up little pain in the backside going on about how he is better than everyone else at what he does.
while i do have to agree with the quality of the music guns put out on a few albums... wasnt axl as controversial as eminem or more? didnt axl get in fist fights talking about how he was better than other bands? nirvana, motley crue, etc.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by ~*ShadowDancer*~
Ok, reading this article has lead me to a stunning conclusion...this bloke needs some sense kicked into his thick skull. After the events of Sept 11 & subsequent "War on Terrorism" (Laughs up her sleeve) the last thing we need is a DANCING Bin Laden.

I know he's going for shock value - he's won that already otherwise it wouldn't have made Press - but there are limits within the common boundaries of decency and this stunt is WAAAY outside them.
Well, theyve made Bin Laden action figures....
Houbatron
Protoform

Post by Houbatron »

Originally posted by mkay0

while i do have to agree with the quality of the music guns put out on a few albums... wasnt axl as controversial as eminem or more? didnt axl get in fist fights talking about how he was better than other bands? nirvana, motley crue, etc.
And dai should also consider that if you translate some of Rammstein's lyrics directly to English, they're much more offensive than Eminem's ever will be.
Denyer

Eh...

Post by Denyer »

...must've missed those. I thought some of them were rather cute & fluffy, actually.

One claim that cannot be laid before Eminem is a lack of talent; he definitely has some excellent tracks.

I could care less about controversy, and if he loses a few teeth, he is asking for it.
Sheba
Protoform

Post by Sheba »

"Will the real Slim Shady PLEASE SHUT UP" By Weird Al is MUCH BETTER!
"This appears to be a copy of Final Fantasy, which is a step up from a copy of Pearl Jam"-Ed the Sock, on Fromage 2002, about one of Creed's videos--"Bullets".
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Sheba
Wish it was Sheba please shut up but meh thats a personal preference.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Sheba
Heh, Weird Al ripoffs are great. I liked the Gangstas Paradise one, and the Michael Jackson one (can't remember the song).

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Jim

Post by Jim »

Originally posted by Sixswitch

and the Michael Jackson one (can't remember the song).

-Ss
I think it was Eat It