The X-men: Astonishing, Uncanny, Amazing Failures, or Regular, Run-of-the-Mill Failures?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Re:

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Skyquake87 wrote: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:07 am I can only dimly recall the 2099 books. I seem to recall it was more that the mutants had their own sort of nation state - which is a massive ghetto really - and whilst not awesome, it was better than their present day counterparts had.
Spider-Man 2099 and The Punisher 2099 were set in a future NYC where corporations rule the world and Doom 2099 had someone claiming he was Dr. Doom (I'm pretty sure he wasn't the real Dr. Doom but I might be wrong) trying to reclaim his country and take over the world (which IIRC he did in a 2099 crossover) with a flying city-state that might have been Valhalla 2099 and it showed people awed by grass growing because there was little or no plant life in 2099.

Ravage 2099 was set on island in middle of the Atlantic that I think was made of trash and it ended with Ravage being buried in the stuff that coats Wolverine's bones and he died. After the late Stan Lee left the book it went down pretty fast.

Bear in mind I haven't read these books since they were originally published so my memory might be a bit off.
Saiom99
Protoform
Custom Title: Thread Posting

Re: The X-men: Astonishing, Uncanny, Amazing Failures, or Regular, Run-of-the-Mill Failures?

Post by Saiom99 »

I adored X-Factor (I haven't read All-New X-Factor yet) and how Peter David made it only a delight to peruse aside from that bit where they migrated to Detroit for what appeared to be one awful joke at the craftsman's cost and hybrid with the She-Hulk arrangement that David was composing at the time during The Secret Invasion occasion.