Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Inaction Master

Post by Inaction Master »

Or introduce yourself as Dr. Benjamin Stone.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sades wrote:You could always go dressed as Teen Wolf.
I'd probably scare the hell out of him. It's a little known and cruelly ironic in this case fact that memories of the existence of Teen Wolf are always the first thing to go with Parkinson's.

Speaking of bad taste, I caught some of channel 5's Robin Williams autopsy show before work the other night. In which they had a Robin Williams impersonator re-enacting his suicide.

I don't think they teach you that at lookalike school. He played it like Mork.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

This is usually the first thing that pops into my head whenever Michael J Fox is mentioned. Pretty sure I'd going to Hell if I thought there was one.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've been to the pub!

I had beer. it was great :)
inflatable dalek

If I posted every time I'd had a beer...

I'd have this exact same number of posts.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ahhh, that sounds nice. I need to find people that like to do that sort of thing, because I'd like to do that sort of thing with people once in a bit.

edit: If I posted every time I drank.... wait, ****. That already happens. Nevermind. :|
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Everyone get drunk.

And naked.
Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek

You know when you just sort of let something pass you by when it's happening but become more and more annoyed about it when you think about it afterwards? I had that happen to me earlier.

I went to see the Avengers in Birmingham, and as the train back stopped at the Hawthorne's on a (apparently important) match day it quickly became full of super, super, super drunk West Bromwich Albion fans.

I'm not personally bothered by public swearing. I'm not a father (or in a position of responsibility over children), so it did take a few hours thinking for it to sink in how horrible these football (or "Soccer" for our foreign readers) were.

BITCH

BASTARD

WHORE

Were just some of the more friendly word's being bandied about on a train that did have small kids on it as well.

Plus casual sexual harassment of any woman in sight (and my mother was absolutely awesome in that, responding to the old scary drunken man who seemed in charge and his "HAVE A BAILEY'S... WHAT'S YOUR NAME? WOULD YOU LIKE A CIDER INSTEAD? MY BAG IS FULL OF ALL ALCOHOL!" advances with an entire series of elaborate fictions about herself he completely believed. I just buried my head into my Kindle on the grounds it was either that or punch him) and just far too much singing about how Scousers are "****S" for fans of a team that only drew.

God knows what their celebration (or indeed opinion of scousers, did they actually play Liverpool today or was that random hatred?) would have been like if they'd won.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It's a shite situation for train staff as well, who aren't paid enough to get into violent confrontations with punters.

IMNSHO clubs should be obliged to pay for police presence on heavily travelled routes as well as city centres around grounds.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Hope those aren't the final backgrounds but good news Mike Batt's involved.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/womb ... el-2233231

Sades

Post by Sades »

inflatable dalek wrote:You know when you just sort of let something pass you by when it's happening but become more and more annoyed about it when you think about it afterwards?
Why yes, yes I do.
Clay

Post by Clay »

I've been walking a lot more lately. So much so that I'm starting to get some definition in my calves. Not like definition in a muscular person's legs or anything, but you know, more than it was.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

inflatable dalek wrote:I'm not personally bothered by public swearing. I'm not a father (or in a position of responsibility over children), so it did take a few hours thinking for it to sink in how horrible these football (or "Soccer" for our foreign readers) were.
The crowds at sporting events around here have gotten way cruder and more prone to drunken douchebaggery lately. It used to be that they were pretty tame and kid-friendly, but there's no way I'd even think of taking a kid there now. :(

I blame all those in the generation younger than me!
Clay wrote:I've been walking a lot more lately. So much so that I'm starting to get some definition in my calves. Not like definition in a muscular person's legs or anything, but you know, more than it was.
Same here! I've also been trying to eat better and get in some other exercise as well. I'm still not doing quite as much as I'd like, but I'm already feeling a lot more energetic and I've started to lose some weight.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Warcry wrote:The crowds at sporting events around here have gotten way cruder and more prone to drunken douchebaggery lately.
Yay! The Jets are in the playoffs!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Not anymore. :(

But no, pretty much since the team came back, the crowds have gotten progressively worse. Every game I go to, there's fewer and fewer normal people and more and more heavily-drinking dudebros.
inflatable dalek

It's odd really, I've been in very drunken groups with lots of different fandoms, and whilst we may get a bit annoyingly loud at times football fans (though I suppose this extends to general "Big" sport fans, it's just only fotty has that pull on a regular basis here. I guess it was hockey for Mr. Warcry eh?) who I have ever seen act like that.

The only thing parents would have to cover their children's ears for when surrounded by Doctor Who fans is so as to avoid a conversation of UNIT dating.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I went to magic weekend in Manchester once (loads of rugby league matches in succession) for a stag do and the tram to the stadium was packed with drunk and loud Hull FC fans. Very irritating.

In other news I lost a fight with a roller skate wheel so now I have a black eye, a gash and significantly fewer eyelashes just in time to start my new job .
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

So on Saturday the UK Sci Fi (or whatever they're calling themselves these days) channel showed a broken up version of the Captain's documentary William Shatner made a few years ago (well, I think it was anyway as I doubt he arm wrestled Chris Pine twice. He does seem to have recorded new links for it though) inbetween episodes of each series.

The first Shatner focused one was bizarre, maybe because the original documentary just had him chatting with each captain rather than giving him his own section resulting in some out of context clips. But whilst Scott Bakula sensibly talked to him about getting the phone call from Gene Roddenberry, Kate Mulgrew clearly wanted a shag.

This resulted in him going on about his "Erotic energy" and her practically flipping herself off as she asked about all the chicks he banged in the '60's. It made me feel quite ill.

Plus, she has an annoying habit of saying "Vis a vie" a lot, as if she thinks throwing a foreign phrase in makes her seem intelligent but she only knows the one.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Certainly seems more... er, alive than Shatner in this --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO_LNEq9nDc

Love this; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-32452250

The reason that some people have back pain is because they're... less evolved.