Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

About ten years older than us. Corporate events must be weird.

http://www.funhousetwins.co.uk/
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Blimey, I think that's a definite switch to the yellow for me if I got to date one of them. She'd have to dress up as her sister though.

I am a disgusting human being.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Yes. Yes you are.

They kind of look like those Olson twins, where one has had some problems that's left her looking older than her twin. I hope they are both okay :)

And....an album?!

Also: is Pat Sharp a vampire? He's not aged in the last 20 years. Did his lion mane hair have special restorative powers that were only revealed when they were cut off?
inflatable dalek

Skyquake87 wrote:Yes. Yes you are.
It's like Rachael Stirling,I'd only take her out to lunch if she dressed up in one of her mother's Emma Peel costumes. No matter how much she might ask.
And....an album?!
If there's a duet (trio-et?) with Timmy Mallett I'd buy it.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

as a former owner of Timmy Mallet's Bombalurina musical opus, I can safely say that any such endeavour would be utter sh*t.
Sades

Post by Sades »

The small one's latest obsession is Thomas the train, so for the past two-ish days I've had the theme song stuck in my head, off and on.

Sometimes it's the normal version, other times it's the version Hound likes to sing: "They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight... and now we must EXTERMINATE..."
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...the theme tune has obviously moved on since my day, when it was just a jolly piece of music with no words. I bet Ringo Starr doesn't narrate it either :(
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Haven't seen enough modern stuff to have formed the same opinion as the Awdrys.

Loved the Railway Stories as a kid, and the one that lodges in the mind most is Duke (with rebuilds the engine he's based on has been running for about 150 years). The books are often more-or-less hurt/comfort fanfic with trains, and products of the time in attitudes, but incredibly nostalgic and apparently the show goes down particularly well with children that otherwise have difficulty reading facial expressions.

Minus the friendly faces, steam boilers have a terrifying safety record as a technology though.
inflatable dalek

The Diesel was the ****ing man.

Or rather, diesel.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Skyquake87 wrote:...the theme tune has obviously moved on since my day, when it was just a jolly piece of music with no words
Ha, I knew someone was going to bring this up.

Lots of little songs throughout the whole thing. Bought the small one a little Thomas, she likes to carry it with her whenever we go places.

I'm just glad it's not Frozen tbh.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...that song is horrible. I feel your pain.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Touch wood, the 5.1.1 update to Android seems to fix iPlayer on the Nexus 9. Yay.
inflatable dalek

Skyquake87 wrote:...that song is horrible. I feel your pain.

Je-sus.

Fantastic fact: Pierce Brosnan is the only person to have been let go from the roles of both Bond and Thomas the Tank Engine.

I have decided I want to be Michael Knight when I grow up. The dude is irresistible to women no matter how much of a creepy sex pest he is.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Complete strangers give my toddler gifts. It's happened twice now, and it's ****ing weird.

Well, it's not a big deal, it's more awkward than anything. And it's not extravagant things, it's little things. Specifically, $20 and a muffin in two separate incidents. But still, I hope they stop. :p
inflatable dalek wrote:when I grow up.
I have more toys now than I ever did as a kid.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Oh heck yes.

On gifts... food's pretty normal. Money's more of an older person thing, isn't it?
inflatable dalek

So after my last youtube video loaded up in less than an hour, my newest one (only twice as long) is set to take anything up to 15 hours. The wackiness of variable broadband speed.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Denyer wrote:Money's more of an older person thing, isn't it?
Yeah, I don't know. Generally I'd say so. It's pretty cool, in a way. I'm just not used to this stuff. I'd like to say that my first thought is "Oh, cool!" but it's generally suspicion. :lol: I turned the $20 into a bus toy, though, and the little definitely enjoyed that muffin.
Sades

Post by Sades »

SUNSHIIIIIINE.

DEAR HAWT BALL OF FIRE-STUFF IN THE SKY, I LURVE YOU.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm stressing out over Hasenpfeffer!

I know I didn't do it right, because I didn't marinate the ****ing rabbit for three ****ing days in the ****ing wine marinade, and I didn't ****ing coat the ****ing rabbit in flour and ****ing brown it first. I basically threw all my ****ing ingredients in a ****ing slow cooker and went "**** it", because I said I'd cook the ****ing rabbit today without fully realising just what sort of ****ing prep was ****ing needed. :p

And yes, I did go back and throw in about 90% of those ****s. :lol: I mean, really, **** it. It's still cooked. We'll still eat it (I think).

I am 50-50 on just cooking it the way I like it cooked the next time or trying again the proper way, out of curiousity.

/vent!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I found out about my nicknames at work this week. The year fives call me Doctor Who, the year fives I don't like call me Harry Potter due to my glasses and the year sixes call me The Vampire due to my slick hair. It might be the coolest nickname I've ever had if you forget it was given to me by eleven year olds.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!