Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

We had a mushroom tent in the living room earlier (pink, girly) and Mysti (one of our many, many cats) loved standing in it.

I love coming home sometimes. My girlfriend frequently has all kinds of mad stuff in the house like this that she's assembled 'to see what it looks like'. Then she leaves whatever it is in the middle of the living room for hours or maybe days on end (I'm never allowed to tidy these things up. My sh*t can go away straight away if its left more than 5 minutes. grumble grumble) and then is surprised when our cats have managed to rip/ tear or somehow mangle this stuff. I feign surprise at this every time.

At the moment, our living room has in it : A pop up ladybird tent. two cat beds. A cat litter tray, two rather large cat climby play gym things, a cat carrier. Half the vacuum cleaner. A load of empty CD cases. Loads of random USB cables and power supplies. Lots of "important" bits of paper which on pain of death I will touch ( the cats tend to sit on these or knock off the table and all over the floor, which must happen at least 50 times a day, and polite suggestions that these might be better kept in a drawer or something just result in a funny look) ... and three cats (no idea where the other five are. probably on our bed so I can have another night of athsmatic sleep)...and me, trying to eek out a bit of space to sit.

I sometimes feel like I live in a hoarder's house...which of course, I help no end with all my stupid stuff, which has to live in the loft.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Ooh! Something random that I'm not ashamed to share : I like one of our regional weather presenters, so I wrote her a nice email and got a lovely signed photo from her!

...I like my celebrities attainable, what can I say?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I have messes like that, and Hound does the same thing :p Is partially why I changed my custom title. I've been revisiting my own little personal organisational nightmare and it shames me. :lol:

The dining table is usually covered in my random stuff. Hound is always so much neater than I am. It's not fair, because I try! everything he packs/has put out in displays or cabinets is so neat and tidy, (and usually ****ing alphabetised or arranged by size). It's so ****ing pretty. Meanwhile I always somehow end up with boxes of random shit shoved into the closet and a drawer or two full of receipts and important bits of paper. I get upset if he touches my messes, usually because I feel guilty that he feels like he has to pick up after me. :lol:

I console myself with the fact that my mess is usually confined to the space that the kitchen table occupies. And in that plastic catch-all thing I was cleaning out the other day.... Oh. And a drawer in the kitchen.

But see, it's tucked away, so it's not really a mess! :p I've gotten rid of so much stuff this past week though. It feels awesome.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Sounds like Hound and Skyquake are the ones who should be married to each other. They could be tidy together, forever.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Ugh i have so many dirty cups around my room. Just. Like 8 cups i forget o had and they just sit there. Mocking me.

Otherwise my biggest sin in terms of clutter is empty dvd cases and broken things i get sentimental over
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Skyquake87 wrote:Ooh! Something random that I'm not ashamed to share : I like one of our regional weather presenters, so I wrote her a nice email and got a lovely signed photo from her!

...I like my celebrities attainable, what can I say?
I've ended up making friends with one of the local BBC news readers through roller derby. I'm sort of afraid to hit her in case she ends up in a sling or with a black eye on air.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Check you out! I am very happy with my signed Keeley Donovan photo :)

She also has an appreciation soceity on Facebook, but I ain't touching that, looking at all the leery comments on there. It did make me laugh that they've posted endless weather bulletins she's done which say 'our Keeley presenting the weather' and variants thereof, like a really naff family photo album.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Gosh that sounds creepy. Big up da Look North massive though!
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

My god my mind is just being flooded with a desire to reread Scott Pilgrim while Monstercats YouTube playlists are in the background.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...goes away to look up Monstercats...
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

So, York Comic Con today at the race course on the outskirts of the city...

A -lot- of people dressed up [some good, some bad, some I didn't even recognize], a maximum of 30 odd TF figures all around, with the newest being BH deluxes.

Not the greatest of events, but a huge turnaround for York.

All I'll say is that some folk should have a damn shower every once in a while :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I was gonna go but my family was returning from London today after going to watch the challenge cup so I decided to make sure the house was clean instead.

I was in York for derby training though and team mates who went before said similar stuff. I think it was organised by the same people who did the one at the University of Hull earlier in the year and that wasn't great so I didn't expect too much anyway. Hopefully Humber Unleashed in November will be better.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Man I want to take a trip to the UK! But at this point in my life I'll settle for a trip to Santa Claus, Indiana (yes that is a name of a real city in my state of Indiana)!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Do you want to visit the UK, or London? Different things, trust me :lol:
Few stuff in the UK to trade/sell. Measly sales thread.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I always assumed the UK was just the area around London. Learn something new every day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Well nice to know we're not the only ones who suffer from the whole "Capital = the only part of the country anybody cares about" syndrome.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Its nice having a lot of cities people care about on the continent besides capitals
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Capitals are alright for a weekend (apart from Berlin, I could stay there for ages) but we have loads of cool cities like Venice, Rotterdam, Bruges, Barcelona, Istanbul, Glasgow or York. Plus they're all fairly close together too, its quite nice living in Europe isn't it? Its a shame I don't make the most of it.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Stuff liie that takes Time and money. So its a good idea if you have spare both. Other than that I'd mostly agree except places like LA and NYC kinda blow DC outta the water in terms of good places to visit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]