Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Warcry wrote:You shouldn't be responsible for paying return shipping if you ordered Fortress Maximus and they shipped you a dead raccoon instead.
I knew I bought from one of you bastards. :o I don't know. Wasn't an expensive thing, about 20 bucks. Fraud claim seems a bit much imo. I'm thinking I might just make it a Christmas gift for someone or something (not a bad item, just was not what was expected) and letting them have it in the feedback, though I thought giving bad feedback was a last resort-type thing?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Sades wrote:So hey, what do you people do if items you ordered from eBay turn out to be not at all what was described, and not what was in the picture at all, but cost almost as much to ship back as they did to get to you so getting a refund doesn't make any sense? Is this one of those instances where you don't leave any feedback, or give negative feedback? or something?
Well past experience tells me that under these circumstances, the seller is obliged to pay for the return shipping as well.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah prolly. It's already here and I like lemonade though *shrug*.

Thanks for the input(s)! :wave:
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Message the seller and say "yo dude, you sent me the wrong thing!" and go from there.

Similar thing happened to me recently, though it was actually the seller who contacted me first as somebody else got my item.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Message with a bare-bones "wrong item" message (with photo if useful to) and see what their first response is? If they suggest returning without any hint about standing the postage costs, point it out. If they try to hold to that, neg them.

Would be my approach, anyhoo.

Unless it was sent untracked in which case non-delivery might be simpler if their other feedback suggests they're an arsehole.

Which might be the best route with the power adapter I've just received that blew on first use (should've guessed from the weight) although that way can't really report them to trading standards.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yeah, makes perfect sense to me. I think I'll message the person and see what happens there.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I never realized how much one can grow to hate cooking when its your job.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Sades

Post by Sades »

I've heard that from almost everyone I know who has worked in a kitchen. Sounds worse than retail.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Lets just say it teaches you how to truly hate both the art of cooking and any thing a guest does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Since I am trash, I am naturally attracted to trash, so I decided to watch the Land Before Time sequels. All of them.

Except this time, I actually took the time to watch the original first. The difference in animation and style is really jarring, but the sequels are (at least so far; I'm only up to part 5) still enjoyable to a degree. The only thing that really annoys me is the songs. The original didn't have any singing, so why the hell did they choose to make the sequels into animated musicals?

I blame Little Mermaid.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

So I'm actually pretty goddamn nervous right now as I may need to be evacuated due to this hurricane tearing up the atlantic
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Selkadoom wrote:So I'm actually pretty goddamn nervous right now as I may need to be evacuated due to this hurricane tearing up the atlantic
My friend is Bahamian and she says there are currently evacuation orders on some of the islands. She seems to be in a part that isn't so badly affected.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I hope everyone is okay, because weather be scary, yo.

It's late here, I don't know how I'm still awake.

I'm going to a hockey game later, yay? All this crazy adulting. It's weird to get out of the house without a small person attached to my hip.
Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

So apparently my mother's godfather and a friend of his, one of which is pushing 90 (I'm still not sure which one, my mom kind of rushed through the story), got into an airplane accident.

They were flying one of those small private planes (Cessna probably) when the pilot had some kind of a medical seizure or whatever - fortunately they were apparently back on the ground already but still on the landing strip and moving, one of them tried to take control of the plane but just crashed it into a gutter.

As a result, the almost-90 guy also had some kind of a stroke (kind of understandable under the circumstances) but while both he and the pilot (who was apparently recovering by the time the ambulance arrived) were taken to a hospital, he apparently got better but the pilot died.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Welp I'm crashing in a middle school gym
Lets hope Matthews just a sweetie."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sades

Post by Sades »

So hey, have you all heard that we'reprobably all ****ed?

When I stop to think about it I get really angry. But I'm a hypocrite as well, it's kind of hard to avoid being one. And Hound doesn't want to go and live in an Earthship with me. :p Soooo wtf doooo weeee doooooo
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Silly Sades. The reall threat is the Morlocks. Notbthis climate change. They or the Sleestaks are the real problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sades

Post by Sades »

Time to start practicing for the end times.

I wonder if we could convince toy manufacturers to build their product out of bamboo? Or carve them out of chopsticks?

I wonder what a Gundam made out of chopsticks will cost when the barter system kicks back in.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

Bleg. Too much Coke and Starburst, have belly ache
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tetsuro
Protoform

Post by Tetsuro »

Well if you ever wanted to get a good laugh at my expense, here's your chance.

I mentioned in a thread here how I got banned from tfwiki about a month ago and finally decided to post a comment on my talk page, about the lack of any sort of a follow-up to my last comment where I was trying to clear things up and hopefully unban myself...

...except, I completely forgot about the firefox word filter I had replacing the guy's name - the one who banned me that is - with, uh, something unsavory. And of course the filtered version of the page got carried over to the edit window, which I failed to pick up.

Oops.

Guess I won't be going back there for a while.