Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

...you've been listening to too much Britney
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Sades wrote:How the **** does Kristoff not realise that Anna is the same girl that he saw get troll-zapped as a kid when she gets hit by Elsa's ice bullshit the second time?
Because Kristoff's as dumb as a post; you can't tell me that's the first time he's been to Oaken's trading post and yet he still talks himself into a kicking. He also drives a sleigh made out of dynamite.
Sades wrote:So because Olaf's carrot nose wasn't a part of the original magic, does it rot? Do they need to replace it every once in awhile because it rots away, or is it "magic by association"?
His personal flurry would presumably keep it (wait for it, wait for it) frozen.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Will they bother writing any new songs for the second one?

In fact, do they regret wasting time on writing more than one for the first?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Skyquake87 wrote: I don't like the sound of a magic carrot. It sounds rude.
Totally googled "Rule 34 Olaf" to see if someone had. Someone has. Many someones have.

... My eyes... knew what they were in for. :/

Though I thought that "Winter Is Coming" image was kind of clever.
Cliffjumper wrote:Because Kristoff's as dumb as a post; you can't tell me that's the first time he's been to Oaken's trading post and yet he still talks himself into a kicking. He also drives a sleigh made out of dynamite.
Good point on Oaken's, though it's presented as his first visit. I just never questioned it. :p And we've been laughing about that ****ing sleigh since we first saw the movie. I keep saying it's meant to be the kerosene from the lantern igniting but even that's not going to explain it.
Cliffjumper wrote:His personal flurry would presumably keep it (wait for it, wait for it) frozen.
But to properly freeze vegetables and have them stay in reasonably good shape for a long time you have to blanch them in boiling water. Even a frozen carrot will lose colour and look awful eventually. It'll just do it a lot slower than a fresh one would.

I smell (haaa) a fanfiction classic just waiting to be written. "Olaf Picks His Nose".
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I'm sure the sequel will cover it; maybe he'll have a debilitating face disease or something. While maybe also addressing why Elsa uses her ice powers indirectly on Hans' goons but whenever Anna's around she goes straight for vital organs - perhaps because Anna spend 15 years standing outside her bedroom door singing the exact same song over and over.

(I do actually think it's a fun little film, though I don't have many options. Some of it's actually pretty good for Disney Princess territory - don't trust Prince Charming, he could be a git; don't get married to the first person you meet; true love doesn't necessarily mean someone who wants to slip you a length. Plus the bit where their parents die is surprisingly classy and understated.)
Sades

Post by Sades »

This episode of Bookaboo (that I was watching with Little when I started this post about 4 hours ago) is entirely too British for me. But it has Warwick Davis in it.
Cliffjumper wrote:I'm sure the sequel will cover it; maybe he'll have a debilitating face disease or something. While maybe also addressing why Elsa uses her ice powers indirectly on Hans' goons but whenever Anna's around she goes straight for vital organs - perhaps because Anna spend 15 years standing outside her bedroom door singing the exact same song over and over.
They'll save the deep, hard-hitting stuff for the TV drama.
Cliffjumper wrote:(I do actually think it's a fun little film, though I don't have many options. Some of it's actually pretty good for Disney Princess territory - don't trust Prince Charming, he could be a git; don't get married to the first person you meet; true love doesn't necessarily mean someone who wants to slip you a length. Plus the bit where their parents die is surprisingly classy and understated.)
Mostly yup, though the fact that the troll's "It's not like she's married already!" bit is accompanied by/highlighted with a catchy, upbeat song has me half-worried that the wrong message might be one that sticks. :/ :lol:

We haven't watched Frozen once yet today.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Sades wrote:This episode of Bookaboo (that I was watching with Little when I started this post about 4 hours ago) is entirely too British for me. But it has Warwick Davis in it.
Full of really amazingly handsome men with perfect teeth as all Brits (well, except the Girl Ones) are?
Sades

Post by Sades »

I wouldn't know about that, but they used the words "mog" and "dustbin". Much too British for me. I had to drink a tablespoon of maple syrup and apologise to someone afterwards.

There was a sale on pie at work so Hound brought some home yesterday. I shared a slice with the small one. Now all I've heard all morning is "PIE!".
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Sades

Post by Sades »

Ha. The fact that the pie sale was nicely timed is oddly satisfying. Possibly not coincidental, but still oddly satisfying.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I passed a maths test yesterday!
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yay! :up:

I was so tired this afternoon that after I put the small one down for her nap I made a little nest out of pillows, switched on the TV and took a nap on the floor. But I had to fight to get that nap because I actually wanted to watch the stuff I'd put on the TV. I woke up because I was cold.

Toddler still sleeping. Don't know how long that will last... Think I'm going back to nest, will improve with blanket. kthnxbai.
Sades

Post by Sades »

... I'm awake!

*kills time*
Hound

Post by Hound »

That is odd...
Sades

Post by Sades »

Nuh uh, work has wi-fi. And I had my 3DS. And I'd finished my sandwich.

Is the 17th just an excuse to drink mid-week (for awhile anyway) everywhere, or is it just here? (meh, Looked at Wikipedia.) So glad I have no reason to leave the house tomorrow. Other than the gym. But that won't be anywhere near drinky-drink hours.

Small one's gong to love today's Google doodle.
Attachments
stpattys.jpg
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I love that Googe doodle! Really made me laugh :)

Yes, March the 17th is a chance to put on a silly Guiness/ shamrock based hat and pretend you're Irish for the day.

Quite what that has to do with St Patrick doing all that business with snakes and a giant, I've no idea. Unless he was drinking Guiness and wearing a silly hat at the time.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I thought it was super cute, until the small one wanted me to stay on Google because she was watching it. Then it got old really quick. :lol:

From Wikipedia:
the Lenten restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol are lifted for the day, which has encouraged and propagated the holiday's tradition of alcohol consumption
Maybe he was, you never know...
inflatable dalek

Speaking of Warwick Davis, some of you may remember that last year two friends of mine named their baby after everyone's favourite Throttlebot Chase, basically giving me a big red flag to make lots of highly amusing jokes that they didn't really get.

Now they've called their new sexcrement "Willow". Giving me all the excuse I need to make '80's movie and/or mildly inappropriate Buffy gags. It's nothing short of entrapment!

So for the love of God people, think before naming your children, "Will Dalek mock my sprog's name to my face?"
Sades

Post by Sades »

Watching Power Rangers because the little is now addicted to it.

Billy looks like a giant ****ing toddler in those blue overalls.
G1Optimusprime9
Protoform

Post by G1Optimusprime9 »

So I was Walking my dog yesterday and found a 100$ Bill:clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]