Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I thought you were the caretaker.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm so sorry.

(j/k, go get teach 'em tigerrrrr)
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

inflatable dalek wrote:I thought you were the caretaker.
At this point I wish I was. Don't make me do a parents evening.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound made me watch Rush Hour 3 last night. It was awful.

So awful in fact we've begun divorce proceedings. :oo
He gets Dalek.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
inflatable dalek

Finally I get to bum Hound.

Again.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Anyone know of any good "work music"? Something not too distracting. I've got one assignment to finish by end of day plus study for final and there's a moron in my class who can't shut his fool mouth. He's currently singing r&b tunes or some shit (yesterday he was reading the newspaper out loud). I'm about one hard glare away from murder, I need to drown him out.

Edit: NEVERMIND I GOT DIS. Lindsey Stirling FTW.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Hmm... I just go with some inoffensive but upbeat indie tunes, or rousing pop music. Occasionally, I may dabble with electronic noodlings, but very rarely find hip hop and r'n'b good background music, aside from Rhianna's Good Girl Gone Bad and Timbaland's album from a few years back.

*goes to look up Lindsey Stirling*
Sades

Post by Sades »

I don't mind r&b, just not when sung by tone deaf morons. When I'm doing something reading-intensive (or need to drown out idiots) I prefer instrumental/non-distracting/electronic.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yay! My hard drive isn't fried!

Best Buy wants to charge me 250 bucks to replace a wire, though. Um, no. I'm cheap and in the middle of butt**** nowhere, so I'm going to attempt to do it myself. Should be good times.

Oh, also we watched Troy last night. Sean Bean didn't die, Legolas was a useless moron and there was a big wooden horse (which my phone inexplicably wants to autocorrect to "house"). It entertained me.
inflatable dalek

Ebay has annoyed me today. I've had to cancel one of last week's sales with a sheepish apology to the buyer because even though the set up page makes it look as if I'd only be posting abroad to Global Shipping Program countries (so I can offer free postage full stop as Ebay takes care of that outside the UK), this chap was from Chile. Which isn't in the program and it would cost more than they paid to send it there.

It's annoying and basically my fault even if the phrasing was unclear. I did think about trying to sort out a postage thing one on one with them, but it felt too much effort and unfair on them to go "Pay twice as much!".

Hmm, though actually, checking on a test sale page to make sure, the default internation option reads this:
Send your package to the UK Shipping Centre and the rest will be taken care of for you.
(the other two options are either no international shipping or set your own price. I wouldn't have hit the second by accident as I'd have noticed having to set a price)

The explanation for which reads:

You simply send your sold items to a UK address - the international postage and customs paperwork (where applicable) is all handled for you.
We show international postage costs on your listings and communicate these to your buyers.
We’ll include any customs or import charges in what your non-EU buyers pay upfront.
Postage with an international tracked service from the UK Shipping Centre to your buyer.
Once your item has arrived safely to the UK Shipping Centre, we’ll protect you from any delivery-related defects against your seller standard.

The Global Shipping Programme works by automatically showing international postage costs on your eligible listings to prospective buyers in other countries at no additional cost to you. Any existing postage costs or country exclusions remain in place – the programme doesn’t override them. Your items will be available to buyers from selected EU and non-EU countries.

Eligible accounts are being automatically enrolled into the Global Shipping Programme from September 2014 onwards. You’ll be notified in advance by email if you're eligible and you’ll have the option to opt-out if you don’t think it’s for you.

Here's how it works:

We’ll notify eligible sellers when listings are being enrolled into the Global Shipping Programme.
International postage charges are automatically shown on your listings and paid in advance by your buyer. You only pay for postage costs to the UK Shipping Centre, where your parcel will be processed for international delivery.
When one of your items sells, you simply post it to the UK Shipping Centre using your usual postage service. The address is automatically provided as the ‘Post-to’ address for the order. The address includes a unique identifier code. This is so the UK Shipping Centre can identify your item - always include this code on your address label.
Once your item arrives at the UK Shipping Centre, the item is sent to your buyer via a tracked international postage service.
You can opt out of the programme at a listing, country or account level at any time.
Which looks to me like it shouldn't have been listed in a non-GPS country, or at least that they don't say that it will. So I guess I can blame Ebay for this with a clear conscience?

Bah.

Anyone want a Binaltech Silverstreak? No free postage.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Does anyone else here ship Hound and Dalek?
Sades

Post by Sades »

electro girl wrote:Does anyone else here ship Hound and Dalek?
Oh yes. Though it mostly depends on how wrong Hound's been in a given week.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

Sades wrote:Oh yes. Though it mostly depends on how wrong Hound's been in a given week.
We'll have to get these written down.
inflatable dalek

I'm too busy bumming Hound to ship him.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm already writing them down. :o

It's always better when he fires 'em back, though he never does it online. He usually just rolls his eyes because he knows that annoys me :lol:
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's alright I've got my own scenarios of me with other people too...
inflatable dalek

Hound wrote:It's alright I've got my own scenarios of me with other people too...
We all know you ship yourself with that guy who hated national geographic documentaries.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:It's alright I've got my own scenarios of me with other people too...
Fictional people don't count my love. Or is this like the thing where you wanted to have dinner with Abe Lincoln?

Who are we kidding, it's soooo Dalek. I cannot compete with a man who wrote a book.
inflatable dalek

I will stop buggering Hound when one of you buys a copy of the book.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Sigh, and she wonders why I don't reply to her...