Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

I'm on jury service this week. (Don't) Ask Me Anything
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Okay, I wont.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Did they do it? (I'm on an investigative interviewing course this week).
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Denyer wrote:Did they do it? (I'm on an investigative interviewing course this week).
can't answer that. I will say that I haven't even looked at the defendant once during the trial. I think once the case has finished I am perfectly entitled to say what it was about, but not about any evidence that was presented during the case
"When did you first realize that he uses bad grammar to distract you whenever you raise an objection to something he wants to do?"
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

also, the trial should be over tomorrow
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

Denyer wrote:Did they do it? (I'm on an investigative interviewing course this week).
he was found guilty on two of the charges, not guilty on one and sentenced to six years (three in jail, three on licence) and will be placed indefinitely on the sex offenders register
Patapsco

Post by Patapsco »

turns out I'm still in the system and may well be required to sit on another trial possibly tomorrow
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm packing and I couldn't be happier (Hounds' been in the city for around a month already, now that we have apartment etc it's our turn)

I am so not a country girl anymore and there's no damn Pokémon, getmeouttahere. \o/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

That strange mix of being awake well after you should be asleep and not being that sleepy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID: Selkadoom13
Steam: Scruffy.j2
Sades

Post by Sades »

I'm confused by the picture above. Is it some form of sculpture? Are those playground slides?
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Haven't watched this with sound, but I think yes and yes... despite mentions in some places of a children's play area, it's roped off in most pics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTTJNvFs5I
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ahhhhhh. The 360 helps clear things up a bit. It is impressive, but yeah, nothing about that says "play structure" to me (except the slides, which is initially what threw me).
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

I'm honestly expecting something to launch out it it after somebody hits a button.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

A friend of mine convinced me to finally sit down and watch through Beast Wars. I must say I regret not doing it sooner
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sades

Post by Sades »

If you ever feel really, really dumb at any point in life, just remember that at the very least you never had a passing discussion with a three year old on the correct position of traffic light colours, and you were completely wrong, and the three year old knew it and was very insistent that she was right, but you didn't realise you were wrong until you pulled up a picture of traffic lights on Google.

Afterward she kept bringing me varying stacks of Megabloks in the correct colour pattern. She may have been trying to teach me. :o
Sades

Post by Sades »

I really wish strangers would stop giving my kid things. I never know how to handle it. Plus it's really hard to teach your kid about caution when it comes to strangers when frigging strangers are giving her awesome shit (without ****ing asking me, the assholes, whywouldyoudothat.jpg nowI'mthebadguy.jpg whenItakeitaway.jpg)!

I'm trying to teach her caution without scaring her, because her confidence and ease when it comes to people is something I want to preserve. But it's in one ear out the other at this point. I basically just hope something sticks, eventually.
Selkadoom

Post by Selkadoom »

The more I reread MTMTE The more I come to get mixed feelings on it. Weird
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sades

Post by Sades »

So hey, what do you people do if items you ordered from eBay turn out to be not at all what was described, and not what was in the picture at all, but cost almost as much to ship back as they did to get to you so getting a refund doesn't make any sense? Is this one of those instances where you don't leave any feedback, or give negative feedback? or something?
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

File a fraud claim with eBay or PayPal, I suppose? You should be able to get all your money back (including shipping), if too much time hasn't passed, as I understand it, though this has never happened to me.

You shouldn't be responsible for paying return shipping if you ordered Fortress Maximus and they shipped you a dead raccoon instead.