Chat Thread

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Tetsuro wrote:I don't really get to buy a lot of presents with my meager budget so rather than buying everyone something cheap and useless, I tend to just buy a different person something each year, and this time I bought a friend of mine in Canada a model kit of the Zaku Sniper since it's his favourite MS.
Don't knock "cheap" gifts. Some of the best things I've ever gotten (and some of the best-received gifts I've ever given) were things that cost under $20.
ganon578 wrote:Just don't go down the road of Elf on the Shelf.
Nah, those things are creepy.

(Says the guy who was raised to believe that all the deer heads my dad and his friends had mounted on the wall were actually reindeer spying on us for Santa...)

Still super-jealous of that DCUC Keaton Batman, though.
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Warcry wrote:Don't knock "cheap" gifts. Some of the best things I've ever gotten (and some of the best-received gifts I've ever given) were things that cost under $20.
Well I got the Zaku Sniper shipped to him directly from a Canadian seller so I only paid $20 for it.

It's when you have pay for a lot of $20 it becomes a problem!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

I know what you mean! Since I have 18 people to buy for this year (not including my wife's side of the family, which she takes care of) Christmas could get really expensive if I wasn't careful how much money I'm spending. This year I'm trying to reign it in and find something under $10 for people outside my immediate family, and under $30 for everyone but my wife and son. So far, I'm doing pretty good!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So what are you getting me then Warcry?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Oh, you'll know it when you see it... :glance:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Ohai!

I'm looking for new workout music. Anyone have a workout playlist they want to share? Or any uptempo, energetic songs, preferably made within the past 5 years that aren't rap?

(I say this, but I'm a big music whore. Give me anything. Also nothing against rap, just prefer rock/etc for workouts)

Bonus if the music is a bit unique. Doesn't have to be mind-blowing, but interesting is a big plus.

If yes, great! If not, carry on. :)
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Rob Zombie's "venemous rat regeneration vendor" album is mostly consistent in terms of tempo. One track, I think it's revelation revolution or something, always immediately identifies itself as a workout track in my mind.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I forgot Rob Zombie existed. :o Thanks! His new stuff sounds a lot like his old stuff. :p

I might have to throw in some older stuff as well. A little Superbeast never hurt anyone.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

I find some of Skillet's stuff to be very good with beat, especially 'Feel Invincible' and 'Monster'. It's Christian Rock, but you wouldn't know it unless you, well, know it.

Otherwise, Pop Evil does some good beat-y stuff with 'Trenches', and 'Footsteps'. Volbeat is pretty good all around as well - Warrior's Call, Black Rose, and Lola Montez come to mind. And if you don't mind a touch of gritty vocals here and there, I Prevail does pretty well with their Lifelines album, which is hard rock/punk-ish. They also do a great cover of Taylor Swift's Blank Space.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Yup, I've got both the Skillet songs, along with Hero. My list mostly consists of Imagine Dragons/Skillet, a few old Eurovision songs, a few mashups (Symphony No. 5 Vs Galvanize FTW), Starset, Steppenwolf, Adam Lambert, Rob Zombie, Halestorm currently.

I think my list is straying a bit from the "made within past 5 years" thing I'd been hoping for, but oh well. :lol:

I shall endeavour to look up the rest there, thanks a bunch!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I avoid finding out anything about Rob Zombie as I fear there's always the chance of finding out that's not his real name and being disappointed.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Sades wrote:I'm looking for new workout music. Anyone have a workout playlist they want to share?
This was the first, and only, track I could think of.