What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger is soooo much better than Power Rangers Super Megaforce that it's stupid.

I think Gokaiger is my favourite super sentai nonsense so far.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished the first season of Deadwood and now started on the second season.
Destruction is my specialty
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Been watching quite a few things on telly lately...

Fortitude ended by it being all about prehistoric wasps making everyone mental. Not sure what I make of that.

Been on with the new series of Game Of Thrones, which is all setting things up for sh*t to happen late at the moment. Interesting. Not sure Sansa Stark knows what she's letting herself in for though...

We've had some decent satire back on UK tv that isn't Charlie Brooker lately in the form of Channel 4's Ballot Monkeys - about the big four main political parties battlebuses and their staff as they tour around the country. Its nice and understated, but very sharp. Nice to see Hamiliton and Jenkin back writing this sort of stuff. I do miss Drop The Dead Donkey. And also a cheer for ITV's Newzoids, another attempt at the satricial sketch show format previously owned by Spitting Image and revived a decade or so ago with 2DTV. Its had more hits than misses, and has more of the viciousness of Spitting Image, of which I approve.

And finally, Peter Kay's Car Share. Downloaded and watched the whole lot of this from the iPlayer. Its a lovely, low key little show. There's some nice visual gags with various signs and whatnot in the background - but you have to pretty eagle eyed to spot a lot of them. As with Chorley FM, he has some fun with commercial radio and its silly advertising and nonsense phone ins/ features. Kay's greatest strength as a comic is sharply observing and playing with the general absurdities of life and how people behave and interact. Sometimes, this is a bit too knowing and in your face (I didn't rate his reality TV spoof he did a few years ago), but here its really well done and feels, well, truthful. Almost like an Alan Bennett play.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Now watching Breaking Bad. Wife and I had started it back before the baby came, and never got a chance to pick it back up. I've now resumed, and am devouring it voraciously.

Also watching GoT, now that it's back and HBO Now has finally happened.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Halfway through Deadwood season 3, not sure what to watch after.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Kamen Rider!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Hound wrote:Kamen Rider!
Stoppit! ... Poppet?

Hobbit?

... Game of Thrones!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Going through my episodes of Dr. Phil.

Yes, I have a backlog of episodes of Dr Phil, feel free to feel superior to me. :p Most of it gets deleted 'cause it's plainly shit, but every once in awhile there's one train wreck or interview that I just can't turn away from.

What I don't get is why this show is an hour long. I think there's maybe twenty/thirty minutes of actual show, most of it is commercials and recapping what just ****ing happened five minutes ago. Though I suppose if I ever develop dementia I'll come to appreciate that constant reminder.

In fact, that might be why there's so many recaps... the only people watching this show is me and a bunch of old people.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

Constant repetition is the worst thing about modern telly that Americans have bestowed on us all. It assumes your viewer has the attention span of a gnat and is also a moron incapable of any kind of recall. Hate it.

I also despise the hundreds of commercial breaks in TV shows these days - again another 'gift' from the US British networks have picked up on. I think it was excitable Saturday night firework Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway (not about er, takeaway) that was a particularly grueling on this front - ads and ads and ads and coming ups and recaps to the point where if you cut that sh*t out, you'd be left with 15 minutes of actual program out of a show thats on for an hour.
Sades

Post by Sades »

So we finally watched the episode of GoT where
SPOILER! (select to read)
ol' Ned loses his head
the other night.

I liked Walder Frey in it, didn't give two shits about him in the books (about as far as up to the first 1/3rd of A Storm of Swords, anyway) but it is very clear that that old man gives zero ****s.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Started watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Netflix a couple weeks back. The show has been really enjoyable so far, and I like the short episode run times. I've already made it through Season 1, and I think I'm 8-ish episodes into Season 2. I much prefer the continuity of Season 2, but I understand why they made Season 1 a bunch of stand-alones to get people hooked.

Otherwise the wife and I don't watch too much - the kids are always still up when Big Bang Theory and the like are on, and we don't have a DVR. We have been catching up on some missed episodes of Love It or List It, House Hunters, and Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods though.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

ganon578 wrote:Started watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Well done Sir. Stay with it, the end of season 5 is awesome. Get onto Star wars Rebels too.

I've had a bit of a TV lull recently but I'm quite into No Offence on Channel 4 and I'm a couple episodes into Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I've watching Chuck and I've been enjoying quite a bit.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Despite the fact that I'm terrible at TV, we've managed to watch a bit of GoT every night lately.

I literally hid my face when
they started killing babies and whatshisface handed that baby over to the white walker
, even though I know it's just some ****ing TV. I think having a kid has softened me up a bit.

We're a few episodes in to season 2 now. (maybe 3 eps in? I forget). Dany's a bit badass, isn't she? I'm not even up to that bit in the books yet, but
it's clearly evident that Mormont is going to **** her over somehow

Protip: Never google a GoT character unless you want the suggestion field to give you spoilers.

... Also, do not marry Hound unless you want him to drop big, thick hints-that-aren't-hints about what happens to characters later on in books despite you telling him to STOPPIT GODDAMMIT. :p
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

electro girl wrote:Well done Sir. Stay with it, the end of season 5 is awesome. Get onto Star wars Rebels too.
I'm surely sticking with Clone Wars. It's been enjoyable to see some new Star Wars (new to me, anyways) until Episode VII comes out. With the short runtime, it's easy to knock out 3-4 episodes a night.

I really want to get into Rebels, but it's on Disney XD, right? Surely not on Netflix or Hulu yet. We've suspended our DirecTV account until football season rolls around, so I don't have much chance of catching it, unless they do a DVD/Blu-ray release or something. It looks really good though.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Ah, should this go in TV watched or DVD's bought.... Grrrhhhhhhhh

TV!

I picked up the complete Knight Rider boxset whilst in London (I had season 1 some years ago in a box that was eight times larger than this. Welcome to the future!) and have watched the first couple of episodes.

The pilot is good, really good and surprisingly dark (it starts with the Hoff being shot in the face after all and he's incredibly pissed off throughout) with KITT just being awesome in every possible way.

Plus, Colonel Lynch from The A-Team is in it!

A very odd ending though. A lot of those 80's shows' would have a single mother as the woman of the week (I'm guessing having a hot chick for the lead to hit on and a small kid to be cute was a prerequisite and they decided to save time by combining the two) but this one actually gives a speech to camera at the end about how Michael Knight has taught her that her son needs a man in his life.

No, not a male role model (who could be another family member or friend), she needs to stop being so selfishly single and go jump on a man right now this second.

Not Michael Knight of course, he's running out the door. It's a worry as the second best man in the town is Charles Napier. An odd moral message that has nothing to do with the rest of the episode.

Michael showing the kid the surprise in his car and making him promise to keep it "Their little secret" is worrying as well.

The second episode has the General played by Skeletor turn out to be the surprise villain. What a twist.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm alternating between the third season of Chuck, the '87 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the second season of Lego Legends Of Chima.
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

I started watching China IL. It is the best.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

My Knight Rider rewatch hit the KAAR episode. Jesus Christ, Peter Cullen is terrifying in that. A nice tense episode despite most of KAAR's crime spree being clips from previous episodes (you can even see the deco KITT had on in the stunt show episode at one point. That might be more forgiveable if this wasn't only episode 8).

I also skipped ahead and watched the second KAAR episode (without Cullen), loved how they acknowledged KAAR clearly exploded at the end of the first one, but there's no explanation as to how he didn't. There's also an odd but very nice continuity touch in that during the two years since they've clearly mucked about with KITT's interior with different buttons and switches, but KAAR uses the original look he had in the first episode.

Shame they then mess it up by having the Cylon light on the from of KAAR be yellow when it was red like KITT's first time round.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Xena: Warrior Princess pretty damn good show.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.