What TV shows are you watching thread.

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

HeavyArms wrote:I've been watching Luke Cage lately, I liked that they included some references to he's classic look with the prison stuff, like having him wear a silver headband while being experimented on. I would rank it below Daredevil S1 but above Daredevil S2 and Jessica Jones S1.
Honestly Jessica Jones is the best Marvel TV show has made.
Daredevil season 1 is boring and the Punisher was the best thing in season 2 the rest of season 2 sucked.
Luke Cage was the most boring show.

Honestly the real saving grace of the Marvel Netflix shows is Rosario Dawson she is the only reason why I didn't give up on Daredevil and Luke Cage.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Mother watched all six hours of The Gilmour Girls in one sitting in the end. She may be mad.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

Mad? You know what's mad? Dungeons and Dragons using the same background score as GI Joe and Transformers.

I think there's other bits of music in there too, but it's largely the same and it's really ****ing weird when you've got Peter Cullen doing the evil schtick.

Did you know there's no origin episode? Because I didn't. There's no origin episode. Just what's in the opening credits. LAZY.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I knew it famously didn't have a last episode despite it being written, but I always assumed there was at least five minutes given over to them getting sucked off into D&D land.

Mind blown.

Is Cullen basically doing his KARR voice?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Brendocon 2.0

Post by Brendocon 2.0 »

I was sort of hoping that maybe the episodes are in the wrong order, but given that the first one is also the first time they meet Venger, that theory got scuppered really quickly.

Okay, the credits do a perfectly fine job of establishing the premise, but it was still nothing like what I was expecting.
inflatable dalek wrote:Is Cullen basically doing his KARR voice?
It's basically Optimus Prime when he was a bit miffed, but with a slightly heavier vocoder effect.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

The 60s BBC Sherlock Holmes series with Peter Cushing it's a damn shame that the BBC lost over half the episodes. I've always enjoyed Cushing and he was a damn good Holmes. I wished played the part more or that that more of the series survived.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I think the saddest thing about the Gilmore Girls revival was just how saggy Lauren Graham's jawline looked under certain lighting conditions. And possibly that that couldn't have been the real (dog) Paul Anka.

edit: WAIT, HOLY SHIT:
The dog is played by a PON named Sparky, who will be reprising his role in the revival at 14 years old. You go, Sparky.
Aw. I feel a little less old now. Well, kinda. No, not really. But at least the dog's still alive!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I'm halfway through Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix, I'm not sure I like the show, Dirk Gently isn't that endearing to me but I do like Elijah Wood's character, he's sister and the assassin woman.
Destruction is my specialty
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Transformers: Robots In Disguise (the current series) season 1, it's OK.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished with Dirk Gently, still don't know if I like the character, not sure you could get a second season out of the show either. Currently watching Designated Survivor, which stars Kiefer Sutherland as a low-level politician thrust in to the presidency after a terrorist attack.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

I'm currently watching the Sense8 Christmas Special right now I have to ask do the Warchoskis and JMS have an orgy fetish?
Markk
Protoform

Post by Markk »

I just finished The Girlfriend Experience
Limetube.to
Movies for life
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished Designated Survivor, fine show with Kiefer Sutherland getting he's Jack Bauer on a little when he gets annoyed that someone or thing stuffs him around.

Started on a Netflix show called Van Helsing low budget horror dark fantasy drama that stars Kelly Overton as a woman named Vanessa who wakes up three years after her death in a post-apocalyptic world over-run with vampires and is related to Abraham Van Helsing.
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

Finished Designated Survivor, fine show with Kiefer Sutherland getting he's Jack Bauer on a little when he gets annoyed that someone or thing stuffs him around.

Started on a Netflix show called Van Helsing low budget horror dark fantasy drama that stars Kelly Overton as a woman named Vanessa who wakes up three years after her death in a post-apocalyptic world over-run with vampires and is related to Abraham Van Helsing.
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

I've been watching Blacklist. Which is preposterous and deeply silly. Yet strangely compelling. There's an excellent drinking game to be had too for everytime shady know it all Raymond Reddington (nice alliteration) is involved in these situations:
  • inexplicably knows something about a potential terroritst threat
  • shoots a contact he's meeting
  • stabs a contact he's meeting
  • says "have you got the fulcrum?"
  • is needlessly mysterious about being the (obvious) real father of Agent Keen
  • doesn't get arrested by the FBI
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra a pair of damn great animated series.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's so bad. So. BAD. :lol: I'm gonna watch it all.

I'm sad because I cannot find logo T-shirts for this show.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
electro girl

Post by electro girl »

That changed my life.
-------------------------
A Chinese cartoon where the robots turn into blingwads!
Skyquake87
Protoform

Post by Skyquake87 »

AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want to see the rubbish telly show also! Its not fair!

*Stamps feet! Bursts into tears and runs off in a big sulk*
HeavyArms
Protoform

Post by HeavyArms »

I just finished the TV adaptation of Mark Wahlberg's Shooter, starring Ryan Philippe and Omar Epps, and while it obviously follows numerous story beats from the movie, I liked it.