Help with a PS3 controller

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Help with a PS3 controller

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I just got a new PS3 controller but it's not working. I'm sure if it's even charging up through the USB cable to my PS3. Any suggestions?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Nope. I thought using the PS3 cable directly linked it to your system. I can't recall having to sync it without the cable first... I bought one a couple years ago, and it seemed like you needed to pair it with the system through the cable (maybe pushing the PS button too?) then it was good to go.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

ganon578 wrote:Nope. I thought using the PS3 cable directly linked it to your system. I can't recall having to sync it without the cable first... I bought one a couple years ago, and it seemed like you needed to pair it with the system through the cable (maybe pushing the PS button too?) then it was good to go.
I called tech support (the instructions are totally useless) and told how to reset it that didn't work, and they told me to take it back to the store and get a new one and the same damn problem. I hit the PS button and nothing, I reset it and still nothing.
I think the battery's dead in these controllers.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Have you tried using a different USB cable from one of your other controllers? It's possible the one that it came with isn't working.

If that doesn't work, then you might be able to get an idea of what's going on by plugging it into your PC. I don't know exactly what happens when you try connecting a PS3 controller to a computer, but Google tells me that it should at least recognize that something's been plugged in and start looking for drivers. But basically, if your PC recognizes your older controllers but not the new one, then that tells you that the controller itself is the problem and not your console or the connection between the two.
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

Warcry wrote:Have you tried using a different USB cable from one of your other controllers? It's possible the one that it came with isn't working.
That was my immediate thought on reading the first post, especially now that he's on controller number two with a problem.