A brief history of choking incidents

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

A brief history of choking incidents

Post by Denyer »

Sades

Post by Sades »

I almost choked to death on a sausage once.

... I had something relevant to add, but I think I'm just gonna leave it at that.
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

THANKS FOR RUINING TOYS YOU LITTLE TWAT.

The amazing thing is that in Japan small spring-loaded projectiles with enough strength to clear a room were and still are common in toys (really wish I'd videod some of the Tomy Ideon stuff before it went). Stricter age recommendations? Greater care taken? Better parenting? Less of a lawsuit culture? Perspective from getting a nuke dropped on you?
Tetsuro
Protoform
Custom Title: Poe Dameron did nothing wrong

Post by Tetsuro »

Cliffjumper wrote:Stricter age recommendations? Greater care taken? Better parenting? Less of a lawsuit culture? Perspective from getting a nuke dropped on you?
Or maybe it's the education that starts early enough so the kids know not to stick a freakin' missile launcher into their throats.
Ryan F

Post by Ryan F »

For reasons of posterity, let it be known that Morg is incorrect in his statement that the toy the kid choked on was the Cylon Raider - it was definitely the Colonial Viper.

The lawsuit oddly described the killer toy as being shaped liked a "penis", a description that fits the long forward section of the Viper, rather than the not-penis-shaped-at-all Cylon Raider. (The confusion arises because the kid got both toys that same Christmas).

Extract of the lawsuit with penis reference: http://theswca.com/textf/toydeath-suitexcerpt.gif

(I have a book coming out this Autumn which mentions this incident in passing, and I want to head off any accusations of bad research when I make the claim that he choked on a Viper missile!)